how much money is required in the bank account to obtain a Thai visa for the parent of a Thai child

Hi, could you tell how much money is required in the bank account to obtain a Thai visa for the parent of a Thai child please ? I'm a 50 years old father of a 12 years old girl and i would like to stay permanently in Thailand.

Thanks for your help :)

17 minutes ago, steph83 said:

Hi, could you tell how much money is required in the bank account to obtain a Thai visa for the parent of a Thai child please ? I'm a 50 years old father of a 12 years old girl and i would like to stay permanently in Thailand.

Thanks for your help :)

400K THB, same as a Thai spouse.

• Like 1

Here is a topic that Ubonjoe replied to that will help you:

Also, since you are 50 years old, I would seriously consider the retirement extension, if you have the 800k to put in the bank.

The retirement extension will be simpler overall, from my experience listening to friends do the parental extension.

Edited by timendres
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, timendres said:

Also, since you are 50 years old, I would seriously consider the retirement extension, if you have the 800k to put in the bank.

The retirement extension will be simpler overall, from my experience listening to friends do the parental extension.

In previous posts, the Op stated he's married to a Thai, but had a financial crisis, hence looking at alternatives to remain in Thailand.
The Non Imm O ME was suggested, but they now require 400K in a bank at Savannakhet for that visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A 'Thai Child' visa does not provide permanent permission to stay, only twelve months.

He's enquiring about a 1-year extension of his permission of stay, based on Thai child, not a visa.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Liquorice said:
44 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A 'Thai Child' visa does not provide permanent permission to stay, only twelve months.

He's enquiring about a 1-year extension of his permission of stay, based on Thai child, not a visa.

Gawd.  I can read, I know what he wants...

1 hour ago, steph83 said:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@steph83

We're going around in circles.
Without 400K in a Thai bank account, you can neither apply for a 1-year extension of stay based on Thai spouse/family, or the Non Imm O ME visa from Savannahket.

Your only option is the Non Imm O single entry visa based on Thai spouse from Savannahket, that doesn't require proof of funds.

This allows a stay of 90 days on entry, which you can extend for a further 60 days at Immigration. Total = 150 days.
Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

It is also not for having a Thai child but having some form of custody - child must live with you and be less than 20 years old (unless meeting other criteria).  So at best likely only an option for next 8 years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

It is also not for having a Thai child but having some form of custody - child must live with you and be less than 20 years old (unless meeting other criteria).  So at best likely only an option for next 8 years.

Thanks for this information, i didn't know that the child must live with me.

53 minutes ago, steph83 said:

Thanks for this information, i didn't know that the child must live with me.

It also depends whether the Imm Office of the province where you are residing. does provide the option of a 1-year extension of stay for reason of a Thai dependant child. So best to enquire at your local Imm Offices whether they provide that option.  Also and in contrast with a 1-year extension of stay for reason of Marriage to a Thai national, the 400.000 THB only need to be on your personal Thai bank-account at moment of application, with no seasoning requirement.  An option therefore is to lend the required amount for a short time, and you could even enquire at your local Imm Office whether it needs to be on your personal Thai bank-account during the under consideration period or whether it is just at moment of application.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

It also depends whether the Imm Office of the province where you are residing. does provide the option of a 1-year extension of stay for reason of a Thai dependant child. So best to enquire at your local Imm Offices whether they provide that option.  Also and in contrast with a 1-year extension of stay for reason of Marriage to a Thai national, the 400.000 THB only need to be on your personal Thai bank-account at moment of application, with no seasoning requirement.  An option therefore is to lend the required amount for a short time, and you could even enquire at your local Imm Office whether it needs to be on your personal Thai bank-account during the under consideration period or whether it is just at moment of application.

thanks a bunch !