Thai health chief champions surrogacy for same-sex couples

snoop1130

Pattaya-News-6-Surrogacy-for-gay-couples-promoted-to-solve-Thai-fertility-crisis-BK-18.jpg

In a move anticipating the impending legalisation of same-sex marriage in Thailand, the nation‘s Health Department Director-General Atchara Nithiapinyasakul is pushing for a revision of the Surrogacy Act.

The aim is to open the doors for homosexual couples to adopt a baby through a surrogate mother, addressing not just personal desires but also a national crisis.

As Thailand grapples with an alarming decline in birthrates, Director General Atchara proposes a comprehensive strategy to tackle the looming crisis. With annual deaths now surpassing births, the nation faces the spectre of a severe shortage of indigenous workers and heightened international competition for guest workers from neighbouring countries.

The existing Surrogacy Act, stringent after past scandals involving Thai doctors and Chinese agents in international surrogacy syndicates, currently restricts commercial surrogacy and limits heterosexual couples who have been married for at least three years.

At least one partner must be a Thai national, and the surrogate must be a willing female relative acting solely for altruistic reasons. All other avenues, including surrogacy tourism and cross-border surrogacy, are banned, as is surrogacy for same-sex couples.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Caption: Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

They are at cross purposes again. One spokesman says the Thai birthrate must increase, another wants to export Thai ova and sperm to bring more foreign exchange into the country.

Sit back snd enjoy the comedy.

10 years  too  late you stoopid twits, just as me and mrs  me wanted a  sprog  but couldnt have one you dropped the hammer  banning it.........useless berks, typical knee  jerk to Baby factories, well tough sheite Thailand you lost.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

With annual deaths now surpassing births, the nation faces the spectre of a severe shortage of indigenous workers and heightened international competition for guest workers from neighbouring countries.

If Thailand did something to curb the road-kill numbers, that would go someway towards helping the loss of working age people.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

10 years  too  late you stoopid twits, just as me and mrs  me wanted a  sprog  but couldnt have one you dropped the hammer  banning it.........useless berks, typical knee  jerk to Baby factories, well tough sheite Thailand you lost.

Just from this post it's obvious that it's good that you are not responsible for bringing up "a  sprog".

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If Thailand did something to curb the road-kill numbers, that would go someway towards helping the loss of working age people.

Come on, they have those special police don't drink and drive initiatives two times a year, New Year and Thai-New Year. So, they do something for about 10 days a year already. Nobody can say they do nothing... 

And then there are all the amulets and flowers and all that. All for traffic safety.

Gt6Nwby1l0HMkihbfxFaf0pqRNjSyrd7_v-GR0BG

On 1/20/2024 at 6:55 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Just from this post it's obvious that it's good that you are not responsible for bringing up "a  sprog".

as opposed to all those runaway fatherless  kids  Thailand has  running round in the villages of  Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:54 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

A couple of two man can't have babies. And a couple of two woman can't have babies. It's nature.

If any of them want to live with each other, let them do it.

But when babies and children are concerned, then the first priority should be those babies and children. To have an optimal start they need a mother and a father. They don't get that in a same sex relationship so they will grow up handicapped. Why should the state support this?

Maybe next a 70 year old person wants to hire a surrogate mother. Would that be good? No way! So don't do it! 

said a man  from the stone age... Sorry that you are so badly informed

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

said a man  from the stone age... Sorry that you are so badly informed

Or maybe I am well informed but I don't listen to the "experts" which you like.

I am sure you will have your favorite influencer who tells you what you like to hear in your bubble. 

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Or maybe I am well informed but I don't listen to the "experts" which you like.

I am sure you will have your favorite influencer who tells you what you like to hear in your bubble. 

Yes, agree with OneMoreFarang, and the consequences are now happening even with adopted children into "proper families" (Husband and wife)  when as teenagers they can sense something is not biologically in order and usually gets sorted out.

But....  having two same sex "guardians" unfairly puts a boy or girl child  into:- 1. not having both a mummy and a daddy to relate to,    2. not having a role model to be either a mother or father or    3. no role model how to be a spouse in a proper family, or 4. Imagine a littl girl feeling the odd one out at school and crying "I havent got a mummy like you have ", or vice verca a liitle boy with no daddy, or the two more variations in that sad saga.   So then bullying just compounds the poor children's disaster.

How bloody cruel can selfishnesss get.!!! and NOTHING anyone says in this forum could ever convince another humane human that same sex adoptions or surrogacies are humanely justified.   But watch this space, they'll try.

The poor victims have no say in the matter and can, and is, severely affecting their life because already they are speaking up against people playing "God" so to speak.    OneMoreFarang also said- "handicapped". Oh yeah !

Surrogacy for the "benefit" of same sex "marriages" is the most utterly selfish abomination, working totally against nature, and now is a hot topic in many countries that was bound to happen as a legal wedge after same sex marriages.    but:- If any of them want to live with each other, let them do it.

Edited by Jing Joe
edit
  • Thanks 1