Respect the elders at all cost

Chris Daley

In Thailand the pii must be respected even if they are blatantly incapable.  I was at the optician today and there was one old woman and a younger girl.  The old woman couldn't speak a word of English but the younger girl could speak good English.  The old lady took full control of the prescription.  She did the eye test which was interesting.  My girlfriend did the translating.  The old lady couldn't explain ''master eye / dominant eye'' so she just gave up and said ''I think it's left, agree, okay next''.  I'm kind of concerned that I might turn into a cyclops now.

How about you?  Are you tired of old fossils clinging onto their jobs while much better qualified young people sit in the background?

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 2

There is an old lady clinging at one of the major hospitals in Bangkok.  She vets all patients prior to seeing a Doctor. Sorry, she is very dumb and clueless I complained about her they should definitely dump some of these worthless old fossils like her.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You'll see older women working for one reason...

If they quit they'll never get another job!

Thailand has allowed employers to discriminate against age.

Legally.

They can post ads with applicants must be under 30.

Once a woman reaches 31, she can never quit her job because she knows she will never find another because she's "too old".

Welcome to Thailand. 🫠

Damn

6 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Sadly, this doesn't seem to apply in the Pattaya Gogo Bars... I'm sure some of the girls are older than I am, and I'm drawing my UK old age pension! lol

🤣🤣 surprise, surprise 🤣🤣

All the girls younger than you figured out social media and onlyfans during the pandemic. 

23 hours ago, cdemundo said:

The syllable pii (พี่) is used in compound words to mean elder, and alone it means elders.

Thank you, but why does someone who means "elder" write "pii" in a forum that uses English, not Swahili or Esperanto or any other language?

1 hour ago, Puccini said:

Thank you, but why does someone who means "elder" write "pii" in a forum that uses English, not Swahili or Esperanto or any other language?

And why doesn't someone who wants to know why a person wrote "pii" in a forum that uses English ask the person who wrote that?

Edited by cdemundo

On 1/19/2024 at 6:02 PM, Chris Daley said:

In Thailand the pii must be respected even if they are blatantly incapable.  I was at the optician today and there was one old woman and a younger girl.  The old woman couldn't speak a word of English but the younger girl could speak good English.  The old lady took full control of the prescription.  She did the eye test which was interesting.  My girlfriend did the translating.  The old lady couldn't explain ''master eye / dominant eye'' so she just gave up and said ''I think it's left, agree, okay next''.  I'm kind of concerned that I might turn into a cyclops now.

How about you?  Are you tired of old fossils clinging onto their jobs while much better qualified young people sit in the background?

You choose to see her.  If you don't wish to see elderly doctors, go elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

And why doesn't someone who wants to know why a person wrote "pii" in a forum that uses English ask the person who wrote that?

Because you answered on behalf of the OP I thought you might also know the answer to the follow-up question.

So here goes again, my question to the OP, @Chris Daley

Who or what are "the pii"?

If, as a poter has suggested, you mean "elder", why did you instead write "pii" in a forum that uses English, not Swahili or Esperanto or any other language.

Edited by Puccini
corrected a typo