At check-in traveling to Thailand with an ”O” Visa. Is it required to present a flight ticket out of Thailand?

I am a Swedish man of age 62 that got married with a Thai (and Swedish) women in Sweden last year. I am currently in Sweden and my women are currenty in Thailand. We are right now in the process to also registrering our marriage in Thailand. When this is done I plan to apply for a Non-Immigrant ”O” Marriage (Family) Visa (Single or Multiple) to be allowed to stay up to 90 days after entry to Thailand. My women do have both Swedish and Thai passports + ID-cards but she are going to renew the Thai ones after the registering is done as she have my surname (family name) in the Swedish dito since the marriage was registered in Sweden.

- In order to apply for Non-Immigrant ”O” Visa based on marriage with a Thai (that in my case will be via the Thai Embassy in Stockholm). Must thus the marriage also been registered in Thailand? Or should it be sufficient to show evidence that we are married in Sweden only?

- When I have traveled to Thailand from Copenhagen airport in past without a visa or with a  tourist visa. It has been required  at the check-in going to Thailand to show a flight ticket out from Thailand within max 30 or 60 days. If this not is presented at the check-in there is risk that I not get a boarding pass to the flight(s) going to Thailand. Is it required or exempted to show a flight ticket out of Thailand when traveling with a Non-Immigrant ”O” Visa within thus max. 90 days? If not so please show me evidence which I can print and bring with me to present to the persons at check-in when traveling to Thailand. 

Please note that I have no ”Extension of Stay with 90 day reporting” linked to any kind of visa presently and is not planning for apply for a such when visiting Thailand the next time and for some time ahead. 

Thanks! Now 3 that informed that a onward ticket is Not required.  

Still hope on that somebody can present evidence as this must be in writing some place. Is not good scenario to stand at a check-in counter with a long cue behind and the person doing the check-in have to spend time to look up information on the screen, speak with or call others to finally find that onward ticket is not required. Better than to have the evidence in place and ready to be presented as to get a speady check-in. Or have a onward ticket with max. 90 days stay in Thailand. 

The airlines use a system called Timatic to check visa requirements and some of them provide an interface to the Timatic data.  I like to use Emirates' one which can be found here:

https://www.emirates.com/th/english/before-you-fly/visa-passport-information/visa-passport-information-results/?widgetheader=visa&nationality=se&destination=th

The wording it uses is "Visitors who are visa exempt but do not hold return/onward tickets could be refused entry."

As you have a visa this warning does not affect you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sea Traveller said:

I am a Swedish man of age 62 that got married with a Thai (and Swedish) women in Sweden last year. I am currently in Sweden and my women are currenty in Thailand. We are right now in the process to also registrering our marriage in Thailand

I didn't realize Sweden allows polygamy.

But it's perfectly fine here. 

Your 2nd wife is your mia noi. 😃

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Haha 1