TM30 or not.

Hi all, a recurring question.When I arrive in Thailand , my condo office always declare me online which I keep a copy for my extensions.  Over the last 8 /10 years in Jomtien, after enquiring at immigration on Soi 5 , they said I did not have to re -do a TM 30 if I hadn’t been outside Thailand and hadn’t changed address, I had been told by my condo office but wanted to make sure. A guy on the Phuket forum said I was wrong, even a trip to Bangkok you have to .

Hard to believe I never had a problem with all my extensions etc all these years as I travel a lot around Thailand every year. 
ps,it was the Phuket FB where I was looking for old friends.

Thanks .,

18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You cant really make a broad statement like that. The requirements and enforcement varies from office to office.

I had a re-entry permit late last year and Jomtien immigration wanted tm30 redone

A re-entry permit with what type of visa?  And how were you notified to do a tm30?

10 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

A re-entry permit with what type of visa?  And how were you notified to do a tm30?

A marriage visa, not that that makes any difference. I went and enquired at the office because I was aware, through friends, that Jomtien immigration always requires a new TM30 when returning from outside Thailand. If its not done you wont get your next extension until its done.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Haha 1

Best to just get a new TM30, if only on your most recent return before having business at Immigration. Especially if accommodation staff will do it. For those registered on the new system it takes ~ 90 seconds to file, find the record, and export as a PDF.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Have left and re-entered Thailand 4 times in the last 12 months... no new TM30 required... 2 trips within Thailand... no new TM30 required

SO what?   i said 
NOT true everywhere

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

NOT true everywhere

Correct. Countless forum OP's over the years have attested to IO trashing "official rules". The only certainty in TIT is uncertainty.

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

You cant really make a broad statement like that. The requirements and enforcement varies from office to office.

I had a re-entry permit late last year and Jomtien immigration wanted tm30 redone

But not for me also Jomtien

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Have left and re-entered Thailand 4 times in the last 12 months... no new TM30 required... 2 trips within Thailand... no new TM30 required

What office 

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

A marriage visa, not that that makes any difference. I went and enquired at the office because I was aware, through friends, that Jomtien immigration always requires a new TM30 when returning from outside Thailand. If its not done you wont get your next extension until its done.

That is not correct. I did a TM30 years ago and I fly in and out of Thailand every year returning to the same address. I am on a Retirement extension with a re entry permit. I do my 90 day reports online and this year entered with a new passport. No mention whatsoever of a new TM30 from Jomtien Immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

These threads are boring. 

In the case of the OP he has be staying with continuous "permission of stay" 

For any inter province stays and international travel (having a reentry permit) or a multi entry permit he does NOT need to file a TM30.

There are a couple of rouge offices that are sticking to the OLD TM30 rule prior to June 2020. CM is one example. 

The rule is very clear with regards to TM30.

As usual in Thailand you need to be aware of games your office play. 

Covered in first post of this thread from webfact.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

Paragraph 2.2 is the relevant rule change. 

Rouge? You mean rogue naturally.

8 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

If you travel either in Thailand or internationally and re-enter with a re-entry stamp you do not need to redo a tm30... if you leave Thailand without a re-entry and re-enter with a tourist visa or visa exempt than you need to do the tm30 again.

It is an office variable. I came back a few weeks ago on new passport and new visa, when I did the 12 month  extension my TM30 from 2015 was still accepted.

1 hour ago, jimn said:

That is not correct. I did a TM30 years ago and I fly in and out of Thailand every year returning to the same address. I am on a Retirement extension with a re entry permit. I do my 90 day reports online and this year entered with a new passport. No mention whatsoever of a new TM30 from Jomtien Immigration.

When was the last time you did that?

What you describe is exactly the Immigration 'rule'. However, Jomtien have been insisting on a 'current' TM30 receipt being held (ie dated after your last entry to Thailand) prior to doing any other business ie reentry permit, 90 day report, extension....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, geisha said:

Hi all, a recurring question.When I arrive in Thailand , my condo office always declare me online which I keep a copy for my extensions.  Over the last 8 /10 years in Jomtien, after enquiring at immigration on Soi 5 , they said I did not have to re -do a TM 30 if I hadn’t been outside Thailand and hadn’t changed address, I had been told by my condo office but wanted to make sure. A guy on the Phuket forum said I was wrong, even a trip to Bangkok you have to .

Hard to believe I never had a problem with all my extensions etc all these years as I travel a lot around Thailand every year. 
ps,it was the Phuket FB where I was looking for old friends.

Thanks .,

I recently returned from abroad and went to my own condo in pattaya and then immigration - they told me I don't need a TM30

• Thanks 1

Thank you all. Just so confusing when different IO have their own rules. 
About time these rules became National and posted at offices, I’m laughing as I say that of course. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, geisha said:

Thank you all. Just so confusing when different IO have their own rules

It is frustrating but in actual fact it's only a few offices that have ignored the change in rules.

CM being one culprit. 

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It is frustrating but in actual fact it's only a few offices that have ignored the change in rules.

CM being one culprit. 

Have left and re-entered Thailand 4 times in the last 12 months... no new TM30 required... 2 trips within Thailand... no new TM30 required... I don't know where you get your information... but all my travel is in and out of CM where I live.

TM30 or not ? the best place to ask is your immigration office. While we all know the rules the enforcement varies. I was required to get a new TM30 receipt in Jomtein for going out side of Thailand and returned to the same house with  re entry permit.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

. I don't know where you get your information... 

Asean Now

That's not to say variations don't occur. In previous few posts.... one guy had to do TM30 at Jomitien and one did not.

50 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

TM30 or not ? the best place to ask is your immigration office.

If Jomtien office;

Skip "asking".

It take just a little more time to get paper TM30 -:) 

That way no worries and stress getting extensions. Specially when they give them "1-2 days prior to expiration date".

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

If one is maintaining ongoing permission of stay by extensions (eg retirement/marriage) then a new TM30 is not required every time they apply for extension 

That is also my understanding too . However when I travel within Thailand and stay at hotels , they nearly always ask for my passport which they either copy or return to me the following day . I am supposing to show to the immigration or police .

So a TM30 is mostly not needed for repeated extensions of stay but the 90 day reporting still remains . Any logic ?

7 minutes ago, superal said:

So a TM30 is mostly not needed for repeated extensions of stay but the 90 day reporting still remains .

True TM30 is not required.

The fact that some offices may require it is another matter.

Sadly one needs to be aware what rules their immigration runs with

For my extensions at CW TM47 was never required.

For the last 2 it has been required. 

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

If one is maintaining ongoing permission of stay by extensions (eg retirement/marriage) then a new TM30 is not required every time they apply for extension 

Then learn that it is a requirement in Koh Samui.

If you file a TM30 today then it should have the dates from "today" to  the end date of your permitted to stay stamp.

So for me (and KhunPer) it means that we have to file a new TM30 just before applying for a new yearly extension and include a copy of the TM30 receipt together with the other documents.

• Haha 1