TM30 or not.

1 hour ago, GypsyT said:

If Jomtien office;

Skip "asking".

It take just a little more time to get paper TM30 -:) 

That way no worries and stress getting extensions. Specially when they give them "1-2 days prior to expiration date".

It was simple and fast since I had reported TM30 online. Wiith the online reporting screenshot printout, no copies of  prove of address documents were required since I had uploaded them online. The worst part was the line getting the queue number, depending on your luck.

Edited by Thailand J

50 minutes ago, lom said:

Then learn that it is a requirement in Koh Samui

Not interested in Samui.

There are approx 75 immigration offices.

Have stated often (even in this thread) you need to be aware of the requirements of your own immigration office.

They vary. 

On 1/20/2024 at 8:25 AM, DrJack54 said:

These threads are boring. 

In the case of the OP he has be staying with continuous "permission of stay" 

For any inter province stays and international travel (having a reentry permit) or a multi entry permit he does NOT need to file a TM30.

There are a couple of rouge offices that are sticking to the OLD TM30 rule prior to June 2020. CM is one example. 

The rule is very clear with regards to TM30.

As usual in Thailand you need to be aware of games your office play. 

Covered in first post of this thread from webfact.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

Paragraph 2.2 is the relevant rule change. 

It's understandable that some Immigration offices would want recent proof of your current residence. It would require a level of trust to accept an old TM30. What would prevent someone from moving to a new residence and not notify Immigration with a new TM30?

I'm guessing foreigners in the the Pattaya, Jomtiem, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Samui areas move around a lot with all the available housing options. I can see why an Immigration office in those areas might request TM 30 updates.

Regarding this part of the unofficial English translation "..the same alien has left the premise and returned for another stay within the valid period.."

Valid period is not referring to the valid period of the visa or extension of stay it is referring to the valid period of stay at that premise. Google Translate does a pretty decent job of translation:

"2.2 When the home owner, owner, or possessor of the dwelling or hotel manager The notification according to 2.1 has been processed. Later, the foreigner travels to stay at another place from time to time and returns to stay at the same place under the time frame of accepting residence that has not yet ended. The host, owner or person Possession of residence or the hotel manager does not have to notify again."

No mention of valid period of visa etc in that paragraph.

Let’s face it, and I’m speaking from experience, it’s not every Immigration Office interpreting the rules how they want, it’s every officer in every office doing whatever they want.

I have occasionally done a TM30 but mostly I don’t. When I stay in Thai hotels I always check in with my pink card not my passport. When I go back home or to another country I return to my own home.

• Like 1

If travelling in and out and not using Immigration of extensions the TM30 is moot - its not checked at the airports.

If relying on extensions or dealing with anything visa / reporting related at an Immigration Office its wise to ensure you have submitted a recent TM30 before hand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Let’s face it, and I’m speaking from experience, it’s not every Immigration Office interpreting the rules how they want, it’s every officer in every office doing whatever they want.

I owned a condo in Chiang Mai for some years before I ever heard of TM-30

but when was the year when they breathed life back into TM-30 again?

Two officers sat at arms length at the same table spouted contradictory information

When I asked again  one actually said ” up to you”  like some bargirl.

As if it means yeah we dont have any idea either and we will make up rules as we want and if Mr Farung ends up with another fine, son nam na.

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2024 at 4:17 AM, geisha said:

Hi all, a recurring question.When I arrive in Thailand , my condo office always declare me online which I keep a copy for my extensions.  Over the last 8 /10 years in Jomtien, after enquiring at immigration on Soi 5 , they said I did not have to re -do a TM 30 if I hadn’t been outside Thailand and hadn’t changed address, I had been told by my condo office but wanted to make sure. A guy on the Phuket forum said I was wrong, even a trip to Bangkok you have to .

Hard to believe I never had a problem with all my extensions etc all these years as I travel a lot around Thailand every year. 
ps,it was the Phuket FB where I was looking for old friends.

Thanks .,

Not sure about if staying in Thailand and travelling internally. But if you do leave, each and every time you come back to Thailand and stay at the same address even on the same visa, you must do a TM30 at Jomtien Immigration. Don't listen to some dude in Phuket, you are not dealing with Phuket immigration.

Edited by bbi1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Not sure about if staying in Thailand and travelling internally. But if you do leave, each and every time you come back to Thailand and stay at the same address even on the same visa, you must do a TM30 at Jomtien Immigration. Don't listen to some dude in Phuket, you are not dealing with Phuket immigration.

BUT why not? traveling internal as well if you stay at a hotel and they do a tm 30 ( which thye are required to do) 
Phuket is the same   55555

Edited by zzzzz

3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

BUT why not? traveling internal as well if you stay at a hotel and they do a tm 30 ( which thye are required to do) 

That’s why I use my pink card. 

• Sad 1

On 1/20/2024 at 11:33 AM, DrJack54 said:

No.

If one is maintaining ongoing permission of stay by extensions (eg retirement/marriage) then a new TM30 is not required every time they apply for extension 

Ask the local immigration office – not all offices follow the official regulations – it's better to just do it online than being refused extension of stay until you have made a new TM30 registration, and return in the queue line with same-day bank statements.

My version which I follow;

TM30 reporting NOT needed UNLESS you plan to get extension ( in my case at Jomtien)

- nobody ask for it

- they don't care if have been to moon or closer destinations...

14 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

My version which I follow;

TM30 reporting NOT needed UNLESS you plan to get extension ( in my case at Jomtien)

- nobody ask for it

- they don't care if have been to moon or closer destinations...

Exactly... Same here...   

... although that is confusing for one idiot and funny for another !!!... 

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 13.58.18.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 5:18 PM, zzzzz said:

Bombastic statements like that are usually not true for everyone. I have a TM-30 from 2017, and came back from abroad in August (on a new passport I got in BKK before the trip, and incidentally not asked for boarding pass either).

When I went to Jomtien in November to do my 90-day in person, I saw on the forum beforehand that I HAD TO have an updated TM-30 before I got my 90-day (and also for an extension).

Well I wanted to test that, and got my 90-day without new TM-30 or even a question about it. Now I will do the same again with my extension in February. If they insist on a new TM-30 I will go get one, even pay the fine if needed. No sweat.

After my next trip this summer I will register for both 90-day and TM-30 online, since it seems the TM-30 online mostly works well now, and there is a new 90-day online solution being launched as we speak. Hopefully in November this will work well after fixing the start-up problems that will inevitably occur.

My theory is: In each of our immigration "profiles" there is a flag saying "Good guy, treat nicely" or "Bad guy, not so fast". Why this flag would be there will vary with each office, officer and the subject (i.e. us). It could be how we come across to the officer, attitude, dress, solidness of our case, documentation, stable situation, history, etc.

Now this is just a guess on my part, but it would explain most, if not all of the variations in process we see every day on the forum. Some other reasons are the individual office chief's policy, and individual officers having a bad hair day, PMS or whatever. I am not mentioning the elefant in the room, that goes without saying.

• Sad 1

On 1/20/2024 at 2:44 PM, hotandsticky said:

When was the last time you did that?

What you describe is exactly the Immigration 'rule'. However, Jomtien have been insisting on a 'current' TM30 receipt being held (ie dated after your last entry to Thailand) prior to doing any other business ie reentry permit, 90 day report, extension....

TM30 registered 2016. Exit and renter every year with Retirement extension. Last entered end of September 2023 with old and new passports. 2 weeks later visited Jomtien to move stamps to new passport, no mention of doing a new TM30. End of December 2023 registered my 90 day report online, accepted by immigration, no mention of having to visit to do a new TM30. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jimn said:

TM30 registered 2016. Exit and renter every year with Retirement extension. Last entered end of September 2023 with old and new passports. 2 weeks later visited Jomtien to move stamps to new passport, no mention of doing a new TM30. End of December 2023 registered my 90 day report online, accepted by immigration, no mention of having to visit to do a new TM30. 

Thank you.

That is how it should be. BUT Jomtien changed their requirements last year.

I wonder if they have now had a change of heart and your visits fell between the dates when they enforced the 'current TM30 receipt' rule.

I returned on 30th December and visited Immigration at the start of January to get a 'current TM30 receipt' and also get another reentry permit.

At reception I should have just said that I wanted the reentry permit and see what they said. I probably made the mistake of mentioning the TM30 receipt first.

The reason for asking for a new TM30 receipt was based on advice given to my resort manager who was told (by Jomtien Immigration) that he needed to submit a TM30 for returning residents - and then I had to take a print of that report to Immigration to get a new receipt.

If Jomtien Immigration have now stopped that nonsense I will be very happy.