Bangkok braces for severe outbreak of three diseases

webfact

6 hours ago, Negita43 said:

I would tend to agree with you also BUT would you rather live in a society where you can choose or one where you have no choice?

That's the dichotomy of freedom of choice - if you can choose one way then you have to allow another to choose their way that's the price you have to pay for your freedom of choice.

Quire right but there should be no expectation that said person will get medical care if they become infected, although having said that, the same could be said for smokers, heavy drinkers, the obese etc...

• Agree 1

In my household of 5. In the last 2 weeks 3 have been diagnosed with Flu, 1 with Dengue Fever, and the last with respiratory infection. 

The Flu is the worst. Keeps the body temp to 40c. coughing a lot. 

21 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Felt about reporting this stupid post. But I'll do so only after reminding the idiots that a "healthy immune system" is the one that protects you from a given disease after being trained through either a prior infection or a vaccine. Remember, the prior infection can kill you.

It seems that a lot of the vaccine skeptics/"healthy immune system" crowd have very little understanding of the immune system.

Starting with the basics:

"The immune system is made up of two parts: the innate, (general) immune system and the adaptive (specialized) immune system."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279396/#:~:text=Last Update%3A July 30%2C 2020,adaptive (specialized) immune system.

(The link is a good place to start.)

Someone who doesn't understand this (general and adaptive components)  cannot understand the role of vaccines.

What the "healthy, natural immune system" crowd says indicates that they do not understand the general and adaptive immune system.

7 hours ago, cdemundo said:

It seems that a lot of the vaccine skeptics/"healthy immune system" crowd have very little understanding of the immune system.

Starting with the basics:

"The immune system is made up of two parts: the innate, (general) immune system and the adaptive (specialized) immune system."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279396/#:~:text=Last Update%3A July 30%2C 2020,adaptive (specialized) immune system.

(The link is a good place to start.)

Someone who doesn't understand this (general and adaptive components)  cannot understand the role of vaccines.

What the "healthy, natural immune system" crowd says indicates that they do not understand the general and adaptive immune system.

I would say you're the one who doesn't understand how the immune system works. Let's say you exposed a group of people to a virus. Some wouldn't get sick at all, then others would get varying degrees of symptoms from very mild to serious. I've had COVID-19 several times and they were the mildest respiratory ailments I can remember, and I'm in my 60s in a higher-risk group (pre-diabetes).

It's hard work to stay healthy, so yeah, people who don't look after their health, most people, better get jabbed and hope that it works and take the risk they won't be one of the excess deaths being documented after COVID-19.

If you don't mind, I'll take my chances with my natural immune system.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

I would say you're the one who doesn't understand how the immune system works. Let's say you exposed a group of people to a virus. Some wouldn't get sick at all, then others would get varying degrees of symptoms from very mild to serious. I've had COVID-19 several times and they were the mildest respiratory ailments I can remember, and I'm in my 60s in a higher-risk group (pre-diabetes).

It's hard work to stay healthy, so yeah, people who don't look after their health, most people, better get jabbed and hope that it works and take the risk they won't be one of the excess deaths being documented after COVID-19.

If you don't mind, I'll take my chances with my natural immune system.

" Let's say you exposed a group of people to a virus. Some wouldn't get sick at all, then others would get varying degrees of symptoms from very mild to serious"

Brilliant, shows a deep understanding, I feel humbled.