You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

English Grub in Pattaya

LoeiI

Hi all

Off to Pattaya for a weeks hols soon and I just wondered where the best English grub was these days (Full English with good black pudding and Sunday roast) ? I used to go to Rosie o Gradys and the pig n whistle on soi 7 but i heard both are closed now ?. I'm also looking out for tinned stuff to take back up North (Custard, Heinze beans, Fray Bentos pies etc) TIA

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I haven't visited Pattaya in a while, but I hear The Sportsman on Soi 13 still gets regular good words.

Siamburi's is probably the best bet for your tinned stuff as well as fresh-made and perishables.

If you live in Isaan, there are several 'importers' of what you seek in the region who have an online presence and are happy to send stuff overnight by bus. I used to do the 'freezer run' from Udon Thani to Pattaya and back maybe 2 or 3 times a year but haven't needed to do that for maybe five years already. Everything is available in town or, if you seek a particular pie or sausage, overnight by bus.

If you're over in Loei, Udon makes for a decent day-trip (stopping overnight optional but recommended).

I was just looking at the sportsman on google but I had to stop as i was drooling on my keyboard 

Is Siamburis a shop or just online ? I found some Spam in the local Makro and nearly went off in my pocket :laugh:

9 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

I was just looking at the sportsman on google but I had to stop as i was drooling on my keyboard 

Is Siamburis a shop or just online ? I found some Spam in the local Makro and nearly went off in my pocket :laugh:

Many bars do English breakfasts - Sportsman, Nicky's Witherspoons, CheapCharlies, Kungs.  All have their devotees; best you try for yourself! 

Siamburis has an online shop https://expatfoodsthailand.com/  They delievr throughout Thailand; local delivery is free on orders over THB 1000.

PH

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Not English but great food

Facebook

Cheers but not on Facebook My Daughters decided years ago it would be far too dangerous for me on account of me being a Doylem

23 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Many bars do English breakfasts - Sportsman, Nicky's Witherspoons, CheapCharlies, Kungs.  All have their devotees; best you try for yourself! 

Siamburis has an online shop https://expatfoodsthailand.com/  They delievr throughout Thailand; local delivery is free on orders over THB 1000.

PH

It's brilliant now i wont have to fit 143 Fray Bentos pies into my suitcase 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

Which could be a link to anywhere for anything....post proper link if you want people to look.

PH

I have been to that place many times it is small, but the food is good.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, LoeiI said:

Rosie o Gradys and the pig n whistle

Been gone a long time, old time favourites of mine. Plenty of replacements, especially around Bua khao area. You sound like Cheap Charlies, Hungry Hippo, or Nickys would suit you. 

For similar traditional English pub to Pig n Whistle try Queen Vic on soi 6. 

As mentioned Sportsman on Soi 13 and Nickys on Soi Bukhao also good English pubs with great breakfast and Sunday Roasts.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Best restaurant for English food is Nickys Soi Buakhao, amazing breakfast still 99 baht. I love their toad in the hole.

I agree. I get the 99 baht breakfast and pay 25 baht extra for a slice of black pud. Great value at 124 baht.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

A weeks holiday and wondering how you will survive 🤔 

If like the rest of us British who have eaten too many "full English breakfast " believe me plenty extra body weight to survive 😜 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Was that on the Fossway?

The Main factory was (Heaton Works) I was out on site and they used to send the Geordies out when there wasn't much doing in the factory

13 hours ago, LoeiI said:
13 hours ago, Phulublub said:

PH

It's brilliant now i wont have to fit 143 Fray Bentos pies into my suitcase 

I'm expecting my delivery today on KC. of frozen pies, pizzas, and Indian curries.

I'd also recommend Pattaya Sports Hub. It's on Soi Buakhouw on the opposite side to Cheap Charlies, about 50 yards or so further down, almost opposite Pattaya City Hospital. Kitchen is owned by the same guy that owns Cheap Charlies. Food is more upmarket though and surroundings better.

• Thanks 1