English Grub in Pattaya

LoeiI

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

Best restaurant for English food is Nickys Soi Buakhao, amazing breakfast still 99 baht. I love their toad in the hole.

Exactly where is Nickys in Soi Buakhao? It is a very long road.

20 hours ago, still kicking said:
20 hours ago, LoeiI said:

Cheers but not on Facebook My Daughters decided years ago it would be far too dangerous for me on account of me being a Doylem

You ask for good food 

And then suggests Fray Bentos pies are on his shopping list?

OP, is this a Doylem Geordie thing?

7 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:
7 hours ago, champers said:

If you want to treat yourself, go for the build your own brekky at the Robin Hood Tavern in the Avenue Mall on 2nd Rd. Cheap it aint but well worth it.

Total rip-off. I used to love the full English breakfast there but then they started this scam of selling each item seperate. It doubled the price of the same breakfast I had before

Although I don't recall the price exactly, I found Robin Hood a tad underwhelming on their DIY "full English" offering.

The waitress had great legs though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

OP, is this a Doylem Geordie thing?

More of a Yorkshire thing and there's nowt up with a divorcees winter special, Fray Bentos S&K pie tinned new spuds & tinned runner beans 

You can order most things you describe online, as I do but I usually go to Tops at Central or Villa at the Avenue.

Also the mega BigCs stock alot of farang lines, cheeses etc.

As for farang food there are many places now but I rarely indulge, perhaps the odd breakfast here and there, Nadia's in Bongkot is good, I use it because it's near my regular hotel.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 7:22 AM, Pattaya57 said:

For similar traditional English pub to Pig n Whistle try Queen Vic on soi 6. 

As mentioned Sportsman on Soi 13 and Nickys on Soi Bukhao also good English pubs with great breakfast and Sunday Roasts.

Agrre and Nickys on Soi Bukhao has a varied menu which includes many English dishes besides breakfast . As I recall it was a clean , comfortable restaurant with air-con and reasonably priced . Also has daily specials . Recommend it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Try Hungry Hippo on Soi Buakhow, near Treetown, owned by a Welsh man. Also Robin's Nest see robinsnestpattaya.com.

Hasn't been Robin's Nest for some time now, simply The Nest. 

• Thanks 1

I walk by this and it looks busy with good reviews. May try "all day 99 THB breakfast";

"Jimmy's Restaurant & Bar in Jomtien is a hidden gem along Second Road Soi 7"

It's across of Rampho Market, in alley toward to the beach.

Google reviews tell more.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 7:22 AM, Pattaya57 said:

For similar traditional English pub to Pig n Whistle try Queen Vic on soi 6. 

As mentioned Sportsman on Soi 13 and Nickys on Soi Bukhao also good English pubs with great breakfast and Sunday Roasts.

I visited the sportsman this morning had a full English with extra black pudding and a pint of cold Guinness it was the best I've had for donkeys years including the UK Highly recommend it

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 11:15 PM, Phulublub said:

Many bars do English breakfasts - Sportsman, Nicky's Witherspoons, CheapCharlies, Kungs.  All have their devotees; best you try for yourself! 

Siamburis has an online shop https://expatfoodsthailand.com/  They delievr throughout Thailand; local delivery is free on orders over THB 1000.

PH

Kung have the best homemade sausages in Thailand, corner of soi Lenkee/Buakhao

• Thumbs Up 1