How To Spot A Liar

medicinebox

Body Language is fascinating, I used to run bars and work the door back in England and you develop a knack of sizing up people pretty fast. Just by the way someone moves you can tell loads about their character, once you get past the obvious stuff, like facial tattoo's, men in tanks, angry samuari's, etc, the smaller details, like the way a person holds themselves, the way they walk, their facial features, how they move their eyes can all help you in determining what sort of character you have in your bar and which ones to watch out for.

Are you all alseep yet?  :o

I'm sure the next time your in a bar or cafe and you looked round the room you could all pretty much tell what the other people in the bar do for a living, that man with the big shoes and the sad make up? He probably works in a circus, the dude with the big sword, wearing the loin cloth and the oil? He's probably a barbarian (or rainman :D ) The old man in the dirty mac and the stethascope? That's probably Dr. PP  :D

Anyway, I can't think of a way to end this so I'll wang it into a tree

[wang]

The original question was...how to spot a lair. I am looking forward to the docs reply FTH.

You do realise that he is the man yeah?

Doc, your the man...(am I lying?).

I think that you might be telling a little porky Leith. Are you scratching hidden bits ?

scratching, playing with hidden bits it's all the same doc.

Just plain old good fun :D

If she's lying, she will touch her nose, or scratch her nose quite often.

If you are in a group, the girl who likes you will have at least one foot pointing towards you. (when stood).

If she plays with her hair and a lot she likes you.

Arms crossed, she dont like you.

If it was that simple,... :o

In Thailand, nobody can and will point one foot at you.

Hairs, they very seldom "play" with them.

She always crosses her arms when she is not happy, like you do.

As for the nose, they never touch it except for removing unwanted elements in it.

:D:D

If I didn't know better, I would think that you just disagree with everything I say.

But you don't.........do you????

Quote[i:"Just walk into any bar in Pattaya and listen to a guy that tells you how well he is doing in his business in Thailand."

Or how his girl does not go off with other men etc etc.

In the Thai Culture(and probably other Asian ones?) Lying is seen as a way of saving face.

It is so endemic I doubt whether there is even the slightest bit of guilt attached. "Everybody does it?" So it must be OK - I can see those thoughts crossing the minds of endless bar-girls/MP's/Go-go's etc. How common it is in the other levels of society I couldn't really say but that 'Saving Face' situation will often produce a lie on every level.

Professional liars like politicians(are you listening Tony B.Liar?) are trained in this use and the ways of disguising their body language. Since often they are ex-lawyers need I say more ? Well there's estate agents(Realty in US) etc etc.

A 'Western' way of describing Far-Eastern philosophy often goes:-

What goes around comes around

I wonder how many broken hearts of Thai girls there have been because their relationship was destroyed by their lies? "I've always lied, it's always worked but this time I have lost the one I really want because of it"

What goes around comes around ?

The lips doing the talking...........

And if the others are moving you can get up real close and whisper some sweet nothings to them. What ever response you get will probably be the truth. :o

Oh thooooose lips! :D

I've read a book or two on body language, and I think it really works.

Some things I've learned.:

If she's lying, she will touch her nose, or scratch her nose quite often.

If you are in a group, the girl who likes you will have at least one foot pointing towards you. (when stood).

If she plays with her hair and a lot she likes you.

Arms crossed, she dont like you.

If you ask her a question, she looks left to recall details facts, but if she looks right she is creating something, making something up. To do with the way the brain stores thinks or creates things.

I'm just touching on this subject, but does anyone have input on this?

Actions speak louder than words.

I will add more later.

You mean you've read western books about western people.

This is Thailand. Not same same.

What did the girl say when she sat on Pinocchio's face?

"Lie to me!"

You don't need to know anything about body language to know if a TG is lying. Just assume she is, all the time, about everything. You'll be safer that way.

She has to prove she doesn't lie.

Coming back to the original "how to spot a liar, body language" I am of the opinion that anyone who even remotely thinks that he/she has mastered the art of recognising and or understanding a Thai's 'body language' is in cuckoo land.

OK! for the experts (in body language) what do you interpret when you see someone smiling as only a Thai can do or does.

It's like the sun shining at midnight.

But what is it telling you. Absolutely zilch.

So much for the theories on body language. :o

And Pepe" Oh thoooooooooose lips. The hunger pangs are hitting me again. :D

OK! for the experts (in body language) what do you interpret when you see someone smiling as only a Thai can do or does.

He, he, most of the time it means simply: I know better than you, and you know it.

And it is not a lie. :o:D:D

He, he, most of the time it means simply: I know better than you, and you know it.

And it is not a lie. :o:D:D

It's getting past my bed time but before I go..........

And it's not a punt at Thai's.

I was told many years ago to be aware of and be careful when you see a smiling Asian.

I responded with "but they all smile"

And I was told, "Yes and never forget it!!!"

There are some dirty people implying "pussy lips" ooops! I said it! I guess these lips can move and lie to if she has her 'mumble' pants on? Who started this filth anyway??? :D  :o  :D  :D

That would be akin more to labia majora and labia minora than to major libel! :D

Snowleopard.