AIS app for PC.

Ralf001

My AIS along with other mobile phone apps wokrs by directly using some sort of managment protocol for service info ON THE PHONE YOU ARE USING.

On a PC, At best it would log in to the AIS service via a web connection - just google it and connect to the service via a browser. No doubt it will send login info to YOUR PHONE for validation.

Did some sniffing.

Downloaded this "MEmu-setup-abroad-sdk-mv.exe".

VirusTotal online showed 16 of 68 scanners having suspicion,

But none of the major virus scanners has any detection.

The MEmu-setup-abroad-sdk-mv.exe is a self extracting file.

I used 7zip to manually extract. This also shows no suspicious content.

Basically the whole thing will install an Android emulator and I guess afterwards you will be able to run the MyAIS on the PC(?).

https://www.file.net/process/memuservice.exe.html

Vague suspicion but no clear "dangerous" verdict.

I wouldn't install. What for?

3 hours ago, novacova said:

I wouldn’t download anything unless it was directly from the ais website 

Very much so... 

Far safer to simply log on to their browser that way... I'm not sure what advantage any App on a PC give you unless its running widgets, but as far as I'm aware there is no such official App for a computer.

With the Apps the Google Play store and Apple Appstore are safe aa their Apps are checked, on 3rd party websites ??  No.

On 1/25/2024 at 8:58 PM, richard_smith237 said:

With the Apps the Google Play store and Apple Appstore are safe aa their Apps are checked, on 3rd party websites ??  No.

sometimes.......not

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/android-malware-infiltrates-60-google-play-apps-with-100m-installs/

https://www.malwarebytes.com/blog/news/2022/11/malware-on-the-google-play-store-leads-to-harmful-phishing-sites

On 1/25/2024 at 8:18 PM, nglodnig said:

My AIS along with other mobile phone apps wokrs by directly using some sort of managment protocol for service info ON THE PHONE YOU ARE USING.

On a PC, At best it would log in to the AIS service via a web connection - just google it and connect to the service via a browser. No doubt it will send login info to YOUR PHONE for validation.

I have the app on my phone, I dislike phone apps.

I can log in to my account on PC but cannot check history/change data plans/etc etc.

Have to use phone app for this.