Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

5555 Yes, you won't defend the indefensible. That's your MO.

I really see nothing funny in claiming the IDF are deliberately starving children out of revenge with absolutely no evidence. I have no need to defend such nonsense

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

So sad that some human beings can do this to others.

At least some of the fundamentalist Israeli supporters have stopped their obseessive posting here, seen the error of their ways. However, sad that a couple are still left.

The evidence of war crimes and the intent behind them is mounting. Only the zionists are left, they don't care. Not one of those posters who are still defending this will state that they don't support mass civilian deaths as a price for wiping out Hamas.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I really see nothing funny in claiming the IDF are deliberately starving children out of revenge with absolutely no evidence. I have no need to defend such nonsense

I don't either. I laughed at your deflective cricket joke, not the IDF or claiming that children are starving. It's not a laughing matter but you won't engage constructively, just make deflcting come backs or hurl invective. toodle hoom, back on ignore since you don't wish to debate in good faith.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I don't either. I laughed at your deflective cricket joke, not the IDF or claiming that children are starving. It's not a laughing matter but you won't engage constructively, just make deflcting come backs or hurl invective. toodle hoom, back on ignore since you don't wish to debate in good faith.

No I don't engage with such ridiculous accusations and never will. I call them out for what they are. This is around the 4th time you publicly state you are putting me on ignore,  now that is funny 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

All over the world, it is an alarming time to be Jewish – but conflating anti-Zionism with Jew-hatred is a tragic mistake

It is a bewildering and alarming time to be a Jew, both because antisemitism is rising and because so many politicians are responding to it not by protecting Jews but by victimising Palestinians.

You’d think they would understand it because many of the same Jewish leaders who call national self-determination a universal right are quite comfortable denying it to Palestinians.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/mar/07/debunking-myth-that-anti-zionism-is-antisemitic

Oh look my little follower who claims to have me on ignore :thumbsup:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Yes I have, it reduces the amount of flak I have to wade through on a daily basis. often there are ten lines or so of "you have chosen...etc"

Perhaps think why "you" get lots of flak to deal with on a daily basis..........................🤔

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

All over the world, it is an alarming time to be Jewish – but conflating anti-Zionism with Jew-hatred is a tragic mistake

Indeed. Israeli Jews are only thinking of the short term gain of land and not the long lasting consequences of their Genocide.

• Haha 1

An off topic post also a video post in a foreign language has been removed also replies

All video content must be from a credible media source, and in English. Foreign languages, even with subtitles, are not permitted.

The reason for this is because the subtitles might have no relation to the spoken word in the video and we would never know.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

30 days has past, waiting patiently for the report.

The State of Israel shall submit a report to the Court on all measures taken to give effect to this Order within one month as from the date of this Order.

I would have assumed that Israel has submitted the report. It's surprising to me that the court didn't also order a report from South Africa at the same time. Odd that we haven't seen the report yet. It should not be a secret I would think.

edit: I see it's due today

The Israeli government was given until 23 February to report to the ICJ on what it has done to comply with six orders the court issued, including one relating to ending incitement to genocide and another requiring immediate steps to improve the supply of humanitarian aid.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/10/israel-appears-to-be-in-breach-of-icj-orders-on-gaza-senior-un-official-says

Edited by ozimoron

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I would have assumed that Israel has submitted the report. It's surprising to me that the court didn't also order a report from South Africa at the same time. Odd that we haven't seen the report yet. It should not be a secret I would think.

My bad, found this part from the original Order of the 26th January 2024:

Regarding the provisional measure requested by South Africa that Israel must submit a report to the Court on all measures taken to give effect to its Order, the Court recalls that it has the power, reflected in Article 78 of the Rules of Court, to request the parties to provide information on any matter connected with the implementation of any provisional measures it has indicated. In view of the specific provisional measures it has decided to indicate, the Court considers that Israel must submit a report to the Court on all measures taken to give effect to this Order within one month, as from the date of this Order. The report so provided shall then be communicated to South Africa, which shall be given the opportunity to submit to the Court its comments thereon.

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

My bad, found this part from the original Order of the 26th January 2024:

Regarding the provisional measure requested by South Africa that Israel must submit a report to the Court on all measures taken to give effect to its Order, the Court recalls that it has the power, reflected in Article 78 of the Rules of Court, to request the parties to provide information on any matter connected with the implementation of any provisional measures it has indicated. In view of the specific provisional measures it has decided to indicate, the Court considers that Israel must submit a report to the Court on all measures taken to give effect to this Order within one month, as from the date of this Order. The report so provided shall then be communicated to South Africa, which shall be given the opportunity to submit to the Court its comments thereon.

So I guess it is a secret until SA gets to respond to it although I don't see that as a reason to keep it confidential. It won't affect either the report or the response by doing so.

As the ongoing conflict in the Gaza Strip enters its 20th week, food and safe water have become incredibly scarce and diseases are rife, compromising women and children’s nutrition and immunity and resulting in a surge of acute malnutrition.

https://www.who.int/news/item/19-02-2024-children-s-lives-threatened-by-rising-malnutrition-in-the-gaza-strip

To suggest the above regards civilians / children is not a direct outcome of Israeli revenge policy to restrict supplies into Gaza is nonsense. It is sad to observe the prior reputation, excepting Settlement policy, of Israel is being severely eroded by their current Government / War Cabinet.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So I guess it is a secret until SA gets to respond to it although I don't see that as a reason to keep it confidential. It won't affect either the report or the response by doing so.

I've no doubt that South Africa will respond asap

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

As the ongoing conflict in the Gaza Strip enters its 20th week, food and safe water have become incredibly scarce and diseases are rife, compromising women and children’s nutrition and immunity and resulting in a surge of acute malnutrition.

https://www.who.int/news/item/19-02-2024-children-s-lives-threatened-by-rising-malnutrition-in-the-gaza-strip

To suggest the above regards civilians / children is not a direct outcome of Israeli revenge policy to restrict supplies into Gaza is nonsense. It is sad to observe the prior reputation, excepting Settlement policy, of Israel is being severely eroded by their current Government / War Cabinet.

I hope the UN have picked up this 500 truck loads of aid that was waiting for 3 days stuck on the Gaza side having been cleared and inspected by Israel? 

Israel says UN failing to distribute aid in Gaza, needs to ‘scale up operations’

Since the beginning of the war, aid groups have charged that they are not receiving enough supplies to meet the demands of Gazans in the embattled enclave.

But the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) posted photos on X of what it said is “the content of 500 trucks of humanitarian aid on the Gazan side of Kerem Shalom, AFTER Israeli inspection, waiting to be picked up and distributed by UN orgs.

“It is the 3rd day in a row that hundreds of trucks are not picked up. The UN needs to scale up their operations,” COGAT said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-slams-un-on-aid-to-gaza-says-it-needs-to-scale-up-operations/

Having said that, UN orgs have now stopped taking aid to Northern Gaza because of the dangers on route, new topic here

UN agency halting food deliveries to northern Gaza, citing increasing chaos

https://aseannow.com/topic/1320430-un-agency-halting-food-deliveries-to-northern-gaza-citing-increasing-chaos/

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I hope the UN have picked up this 500 truck loads of aid that was waiting for 3 days stuck on the Gaza side having been cleared and inspected by Israel? 

Israel says UN failing to distribute aid in Gaza, needs to ‘scale up operations’

Since the beginning of the war, aid groups have charged that they are not receiving enough supplies to meet the demands of Gazans in the embattled enclave.

But the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) posted photos on X of what it said is “the content of 500 trucks of humanitarian aid on the Gazan side of Kerem Shalom, AFTER Israeli inspection, waiting to be picked up and distributed by UN orgs.

“It is the 3rd day in a row that hundreds of trucks are not picked up. The UN needs to scale up their operations,” COGAT said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-slams-un-on-aid-to-gaza-says-it-needs-to-scale-up-operations/

Having said that, UN orgs have now stopped taking aid to Northern Gaza because of the dangers on route, new topic here

https://aseannow.com/topic/1320430-un-agency-halting-food-deliveries-to-northern-gaza-citing-increasing-chaos/

Do you have an opinion about the intention of the Israelis in firing on an aid convoy?

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Somewhat nonsensical commentary. The primary reason why UN / NGOs are currently experiencing logistical issues is due to Israeli military and political interference. Also let's not overlook UN staff deaths, plus NGO staff, killed in Gaza - way back in December it was 136, by now it must be a great deal more. 

https://www.dw.com/en/israel-hamas-war-136-un-staff-killed-in-gaza-says-guterres/live-67809478#:~:text=The secretary-general of the,a toll on UN workers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Somewhat nonsensical commentary. The primary reason why UN / NGOs are currently experiencing logistical issues is due to Israeli military and political interference. Also let's not overlook UN staff deaths, plus NGO staff, killed in Gaza - way back in December it was 136, by now it must be a great deal more. 

https://www.dw.com/en/israel-hamas-war-136-un-staff-killed-in-gaza-says-guterres/live-67809478#:~:text=The secretary-general of the,a toll on UN workers.

You may want to re word that, the reason they are having difficulty delivering is because its a warzone and all the inherent difficulties that entails. However as I mentioned that's a different topic. If you want to talk about Un staff then don't forget the UN staff that helped in the Oct 7th Massacre, again different topic.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You may want to re word that, the reason they are having difficulty delivering is because its a warzone and all the inherent difficulties that entails. However as I mentioned that's a different topic. If you want to talk about Un staff then don't forget the UN staff that helped in the Oct 7th Massacre, again different topic.

No I won't re-word, as I understand deliberately limiting supplies for civilians is, as I understand, a crime against humanity. True some UN staff were acting contrary to their mission and far outweighed by UN staff deaths as a result of Israeli actions. . But staff involved with Hamas were very few compared to more than 13,000 UN staff in Gaza. I will not respond to you further in this topic, waste of time due  to fundamental disagreement concerning Israeli actions limiting supply to civilians. One of many articles covering this issue...

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/11/16/israeli-authorities-cutting-water-leading-public-health-crisis-gaza

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, simple1 said:

No I won't re-word, as I understand deliberately limiting supplies for civilians is, as I understand, a crime against humanity. True some UN staff were acting contrary to their mission and far outweighed by UN staff deaths as a result of Israeli actions. . But staff involved with Hamas were very few compared to more than 13,000 UN staff in Gaza. I will not respond to you further in this topic, waste of time due  to fundamental disagreement concerning Israeli actions limiting supply to civilians. One of many articles covering this issue...

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/11/16/israeli-authorities-cutting-water-leading-public-health-crisis-gaza

But you've reworded it yourself, you started off claiming that Israel was deliberately starving children as an act of revenge, your now down to cutting water supplies. They are not dying of thirst either.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

In Gaza, Israeli airstrikes in the center and south of the territory killed at least 92 Palestinians, including children and women, overnight and into Friday, health officials and an Associated Press journalist said. Another 24 bodies remained trapped under the rubble.

After a strike levelled his apartment building in the central town of Deir al-Balah, online video showed Mahmoud Zueitar — a comedian well known in Gaza for his appearances in TV commercials — rushing into the hospital holding his young sister, who was screaming and covered in blood. At least 25 people were killed in the strike, 16 of them women and children.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-02-23-2024-a5da6005cfa6734225af35ca460a75fb

• Confused 1

The Biden administration on Friday said Israel’s plans to advance construction on thousands of settlement homes in the West Bank were inconsistent with international law, reversing a major Trump administration policy from 2019. 

Secretary of State Antony Blinken, speaking from the G20 meeting in Brazil, spoke out against Israeli plans to move forward on the construction of 3,000 settlement units.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4485259-us-reverses-trump-policy-israeli-settlements/

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

In Gaza, Israeli airstrikes in the center and south of the territory killed at least 92 Palestinians, including children and women, overnight and into Friday, health officials and an Associated Press journalist said. Another 24 bodies remained trapped under the rubble.

After a strike levelled his apartment building in the central town of Deir al-Balah, online video showed Mahmoud Zueitar — a comedian well known in Gaza for his appearances in TV commercials — rushing into the hospital holding his young sister, who was screaming and covered in blood. At least 25 people were killed in the strike, 16 of them women and children.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-02-23-2024-a5da6005cfa6734225af35ca460a75fb

And the topic is the ICJ why not put this in one of the many daily update threads running instead of hyjacking this one?

9 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

And the topic is the ICJ why not put this in one of the many daily update threads running instead of hyjacking this one?

Air strikes against civilians constitute acts of genocide. You had no problem with another poster posting that food supplies had been left undelivered by the UN.

It's also impossible to find such threads anymore as they don't appear in either "content I have posted in" or "view new content"

Edited by ozimoron

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You should be asking yourself 'why' is this happening and not running around trying to emulate John Pilger. Hamas started this bloody war and Israel has no other options but destroy the Terrorists in Gaza and try and secure the release of the hostages including "women and children". What is your answer to the war that Hamas started......Israel surrenders?

• Like 1