Melatonin supplier?

My order from Lazada arrived just now. The pack has "natural MELATONIN" in big letters, which is why I ordered it. On examining the small print on this Made In Thailand product (easily recognisable by the American Stars & Stripes flag on the pack) I am somehow neither disappointed nor shocked to see that Melatonin is conspicuous by its absence. Yup! (or rather nope) when they say "natural melatonin" they mean "contains no melatonin at all, in fact completely free of the substance" which now seems perfectly logical. "This Is Thailand" after all, the country I love and have made my home.

I shall try a capsule tonight, with its usual cocktail of "natural ingredients" and "vitamins" you'd need a Hubble telescope to detect, but I expect nothing, and I'm sure I shan't be disappointed. If you can bear the excitement, I will be posting a live update to this thread, probably about 3:00 a.m., so do check back.

(Incidentally, I have no trouble at all falling asleep, I'm not insomniac in that way, it's the rhythm of sleep that's somehow lost with age - as with so many things - I wake up after a couple of hours sleep, stare at the dogs for a while, go to the bathroom, back to sleep - rinse and repeat. Melatonin definitely helped me glide over the shallows back into satisfying sleep.)

1 hour ago, exfatriate said:

My order from Lazada arrived just now. The pack has "natural MELATONIN" in big letters, which is why I ordered it. On examining the small print on this Made In Thailand product (easily recognisable by the American Stars & Stripes flag on the pack) I am somehow neither disappointed nor shocked to see that Melatonin is conspicuous by its absence. Yup! (or rather nope) when they say "natural melatonin" they mean "contains no melatonin at all, in fact completely free of the substance" which now seems perfectly logical. "This Is Thailand" after all, the country I love and have made my home.

I shall try a capsule tonight, with its usual cocktail of "natural ingredients" and "vitamins" you'd need a Hubble telescope to detect, but I expect nothing, and I'm sure I shan't be disappointed. If you can bear the excitement, I will be posting a live update to this thread, probably about 3:00 a.m., so do check back.

(Incidentally, I have no trouble at all falling asleep, I'm not insomniac in that way, it's the rhythm of sleep that's somehow lost with age - as with so many things - I wake up after a couple of hours sleep, stare at the dogs for a while, go to the bathroom, back to sleep - rinse and repeat. Melatonin definitely helped me glide over the shallows back into satisfying sleep.)

A few weeks ago I searched Lazada and Shopee for melatonin as my wife wanted to try it.  Though there were many sleep aids, only one used melatonin in the name, that was "Natural Melatonin" presumably the one you bought. At that time the fuzzy label claimed (in Thai) that each capsule contained 1.05 micrograms of melatonin. That's 1000s of times less than legitimate melatonin products.

The reference to 1.05 μg of melatonin is now gone.

"Natural Melatonin" claims to  contain tart cheery, chamomile, and lemon balm. Many plants do have trace amounts of melatonin, which may be how they perpetrate their hoax.

Before buying, I would confirm that the ingredients panel lists from 1 to 10 milligrams of melatonin. It may be best to order from iHerb as Sheryl suggested. 

There are several things on the Lazada site that say "Melatonin" inthe name but contain no melatonin. All made in Thailand. AFAIK there is NO Thai made product containing melatonin.

On Lazada site at present I see only one actual melatonin product, made by Life Extensions which is US company.

iHerb has many brands. Delivery is fast and reliable.

https://www.iherb.com/search sug=melatonin&kw=melatonin&rank=0&rawkw=melatonion&refererLocation=suggestion

And has previously mentioned Lien shopping currently has Puritan Pride brand, my personal favorite.

Six days ago, I ordered Puritan Pride, melatonin, 5mg, from Lazzada. It showed no tracking and today, I got the message that the order was cancelled.

Three days ago, I ordered a different 5mg melatonin Puritan Pride product from Lazzada and today I got a message it is going through customs in China.

I looked at Iherb and it seems to accept orders under 5mg and reject orders over 5mg. 

I tried to sign up for iherb, but it will only accept a US adress?

2 hours ago, zlodnick said:

Six days ago, I ordered Puritan Pride, melatonin, 5mg, from Lazzada. It showed no tracking and today, I got the message that the order was cancelled.

Three days ago, I ordered a different 5mg melatonin Puritan Pride product from Lazzada and today I got a message it is going through customs in China.

I looked at Iherb and it seems to accept orders under 5mg and reject orders over 5mg. 

I tried to sign up for iHerb, but it will only accept a US address?

I do not remember what address I used when I registered but I think it was my Thai  address. Certainly all my deliveries are to my Thai address.

Make sure you register in the iHerb Thailand site https://th.iherb.com/

If you are after Puritan Pride you can buy it in 10mg dose through Line Shopping. I did just a week ago and already received it, shipping from within Thailand. 500 baht for 120 caps.