does marriage protect you from airport immigration hassles?

8 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Your 'friend' is one of the reasons us 'good guys' who are playing by the rules, have so many issues to deal with Immigration.  They are trying hard to catch people like you/friend, and the rest of us have to deal with the consequences.  I hope you/friend are blocked on your next entry and blacklisted forever.  Reported to Immigration (your IP address and location).

Hate to break the news to you Mr Grumpy but you really have no authority. 

You can “report” all day long and to every IO you see but will most likely fall on deaf ears.  

Unless they’re directed by court orders or written directives from supervisors information as you suggest most likely will not  be entered into their database records.

What proof do you have?  

Billy Be Bop said this and that on an Internet forum.  Joe <deleted> the Ragman said this and that on a barstool and pissed me off.  Go ahead, report.  It’s going nowhere except deep six.

Love to hear from you how they will track the man you reported at immigration, entering or departing via his IP address even if your complaint miraculously doesn’t wind up in the trash bin.

Do you know his name, nationality, DOB?  I didn’t think so.

Not saying you shouldn’t feel the way you do on this subject but it will most likely fall on deaf ears.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Really... You sound like a bar-stooler tarring all Thai's with the same negative brush....  

The reality is, for those who meet Immigration requirements the visa's are easily and simply secured - sure, jumping through the paperwork hoops on a year basis is a PITA, but its not hard, its just irritating to have to keep doing it when there could easily be better systems... 

'The bad ones'  are the reason why so many Thai's have such a negative attitude towards expats ???... Really ???

Sorry to burst your 'self important' bubble, but most Thai's don't have any attitude towards us, they dont think about us and when the average Thai does cross paths with a Westerner its just like they are crossing paths with any other stranger, there is a general indifference and thats it...    

The 'discussions' to make it easier that may or may not exist (no one knows) might be influenced by the numerous foreigners here to attempt to game the system... but its more likely that there are no discussions, systems are in place, change takes effort... as mentioned earlier...   the general indifference means no one is really that bothered about it at all, so carry on.

I've been here a couple of decades - the only crack down I've seen over the years is on Back to Back Tourist Visas and Visa Exempt entries...  the Non-Imm visas haven't really changed at all...     and remain just as easy secure for those who meet the requirements as they always have been (the difficulty has been with our respective Embassies refusing various documents).

Truly delusional - you are the epitome of the ignorant Expat claiming to know it all - Thais dont have an attitude to Falangs - you are clearly not in Thailand - or only ever in Pattaya??

Do you remember the TM30 debarcle - that law is still on the books mate. 

People like him/you doing the wrong thing are what causes the Thais to not modernise their immigration system - they dont want more of you lot here - and saying it is fine is truly silly.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Hate to break the news to you Mr Grumpy but you really have no authority. 
You can “report” all day long and to every IO you see but will most likely fall on deaf ears.  
Unless they’re directed by court orders or written directives from supervisors information as you suggest most likely will not  be entered into their database records.

What proof do you have?  
Billy Be Bop said this and that on an Internet forum.  Joe <deleted> the Ragman said this and that on a barstool and pissed me off.  Go ahead, report.  It’s going nowhere except deep six.

Love to hear from you how they will track the man you reported at immigration, entering or departing via his IP address even if your complaint miraculously doesn’t wind up in the trash bin.
Do you know his name, nationality, DOB?  I didn’t think so.

Not saying you shouldn’t feel the way you do on this subject but it will most likely fall on deaf ears.

I have only one response - do you know what sarcasm is mate.

Calm down and have another one - relax - you might live longer.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Really... You sound like a bar-stooler tarring all Thai's with the same negative brush....  

The reality is, for those who meet Immigration requirements the visa's are easily and simply secured - sure, jumping through the paperwork hoops on a year basis is a PITA, but its not hard, its just irritating to have to keep doing it when there could easily be better systems... 

'The bad ones'  are the reason why so many Thai's have such a negative attitude towards expats ???... Really ???

Sorry to burst your 'self important' bubble, but most Thai's don't have any attitude towards us, they dont think about us and when the average Thai does cross paths with a Westerner its just like they are crossing paths with any other stranger, there is a general indifference and thats it...    

The 'discussions' to make it easier that may or may not exist (no one knows) might be influenced by the numerous foreigners here to attempt to game the system... but its more likely that there are no discussions, systems are in place, change takes effort... as mentioned earlier...   the general indifference means no one is really that bothered about it at all, so carry on.

I've been here a couple of decades - the only crack down I've seen over the years is on Back to Back Tourist Visas and Visa Exempt entries...  the Non-Imm visas haven't really changed at all...     and remain just as easy secure for those who meet the requirements as they always have been (the difficulty has been with our respective Embassies refusing various documents).

Could not agree more ,   some people feel the need to mistakenly  award themselves a kind of "elevated status"  here  ( presumably in line with what  they imagine they enjoyed in their home countries)   which they then feel the need to reinforce by berating others and erroneously blaming the normal evolution of regulations on those  who have not followed  their virtuous examples.  and therefore "spoiled things for them"   

These sticklers for "doing things correctly" would do well to step back a little and get their heads round the fact that if immigration did not allow, or approve of the use of agents, then agents would very quickly become extinct.!   

Some agents are no doubt "better " than others , as always its a case of buyer beware.  But shortcuts are there to be taken if one wishes

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Truly delusional - you are the epitome of the ignorant Expat claiming to know it all - Thais dont have an attitude to Falangs - you are clearly not in Thailand - or only ever in Pattaya??

Do you remember the TM30 debarcle - that law is still on the books mate. 

People like him/you doing the wrong thing are what causes the Thais to not modernise their immigration system -

they dont want more of you lot here - and saying it is fine is truly silly.

This is such an idiotic response its difficult to know where to start with it....   

... If you think Thai's have an attitude with you... thats on you, not them. 

... Immigration have a job to do.. thats it, its nothing personal, and as they modernise the rules evolve, sometimes following existing policy more closely, sometimes policy is removed (i.e. TM28).

People like me? what does that even mean ???...  such an idiotic comment.

If you mean people like the Op who are using agents...  Immigration make money from agents, they're more than happy to have people like the Op here... until they aren't - is simple. 

'They' ('don't want my lot here') - you are talking on behalf of all Thai's... again such an idiotic statement... you're not very bright are you.

And finally, If Immigration are fine with people like the Op using agents, then who am I to argue ??...   Are you so arrogant and thick that you expect Immigration to want what you want ??... astonishing.

Delusional you mention... I'm surprised you could spell it.

• Love It 1

35 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I have only one response - do you know what sarcasm is mate.

Calm down and have another one - relax - you might live longer.

Mr Grumpy,

are you mafia or cia?  Scotland Yard special edition with links to all IO?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

they dont want more of you lot here

Thats for them to decide, and not you, and you are not privy to their sentiment.   however one thing is certain, anybody who says things like.....

"Reported to Immigration (your IP address and location)."

Is not wanted anywhere by anybody , and rightly universally  despised

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Mr Grumpy,

are you mafia or cia?  Scotland Yard special edition with links to all IO?

Neither , just a sad old man with a chip on his shoulder, desperately trying to appear relevant,  probably an ex headmaster , traffic warden, or TV licence enforcement officer.

With an attitude like his I can't see him being very popular with any Thais , nobody respects a grass even the authorities deplore them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Thats for them to decide, and not you, and you are not privy to their sentiment.   however one thing is certain, anybody who says things like.....

"Reported to Immigration (your IP address and location)."

Is not wanted anywhere by anybody , and rightly universally  despised

Indeed... with that comment (and a few others) he's really outed himself as an extraordinarily repugnant character.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is such an idiotic response its difficult to know where to start with it....   

... If you think Thai's have an attitude with you... thats on you, not them. 

... Immigration have a job to do.. thats it, its nothing personal, and as they modernise the rules evolve, sometimes following existing policy more closely, sometimes policy is removed (i.e. TM28).

People like me? what does that even mean ???...  such an idiotic comment.

If you mean people like the Op who are using agents...  Immigration make money from agents, they're more than happy to have people like the Op here... until they aren't - is simple. 

'They' ('don'twant my lot here') - you are talking on behalf of all Thai's... again such an idiotic statement... you're not very bright are you.

And finally, If Immigration are fine with people like the Op using agents, then who am I to argue ??...   Are you so arrogant and thick that you expect Immigration to want what you want ??... astonishing.

Delusional you mention... I'm surprised you could spell it.

Idiotic and stupid - you are beyond silly and into the twilight zone with all that khrapp.

Now that I have responded to your insults with my own. If you seriously do not know that Thais in general have an attitiude towards Falangs (some good and some not so good) then you are not a person that lives in Thailand - or only in/near bars.

Lets just agree to disagree. Have a great night - hope you find a good one. Bye.

3 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Idiotic and stupid - you are beyond silly and into the twilight zone with all that khrapp.

Now that I have responded to your insults with my own. If you seriously do not know that Thais in general have an attitiude towards Falangs (some good and some not so good) then you are not a person that lives in Thailand - or only in/near bars.

Lets just agree to disagree. Have a great night - hope you find a good one. Bye.

You are very strange...

You are now arguing that Thai's in general have an attitude towards 'Falangs' (some good some not)...  isn't that just like any being on the planet ??...   they have a basic impression thats about it.

I'm stating that for the vast majority of people in Thailand the the 'attitude' is one of general indifference because they're really not bothered about us either way...  they don't spend their days disliking us or gushing over us, they really just don't care one way or another - life is just normal....

• Haha 1

I was once told that 'they dont send their best and brightest there mate'.

Now I really understand exactly what he was saying and really meant.

Question - How the hell would I know anyone's IP address and location ??  R U Lot Serious?? 

4 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Thais in general have an attitiude towards Falangs (some good and some not so good)

indeed they do " the good" farangs are able to assimilate well and are readily accepted by Thais , I personally have never had any problems with any Thais from, Senior uniformed officials, to subsistence level rice farmers, I have many Thai friends

Perhaps you would like to enlighten the rest of us as to how the Thais behave towards people like yourself,  the ""not so good" ones who don't really fit in 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are very strange...

You are now arguing that Thai's in general have an attitude towards 'Falangs' (some good some not)...  isn't that just like any being on the planet ??...   they have a basic impression thats about it.

I'm stating that for the vast majority of people in Thailand the the 'attitude' is one of general indifference because they're really not bothered about us either way...  they don't spend their days disliking us or gushing over us, they really just don't care one way or another - life is just normal....

To the uneducated an educated person is strage - likewise a wise man to a fool.

Not sure who is what - I think maybe one of us is an uneducated fool.

But like I said - lets agree to see each otjher that way. 

3 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:
20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed... with that comment (and a few others) he's really outed himself as an extraordinarily repugnant character.

LOL - uinbelievable - I feel like I have landed on an island of fools.

My last post - for the third time:

Sarcasm - SARCASM | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary

the use of remarks that clearly mean the opposite of what they say, made in order to hurt someone's feelings or to criticize something in a humorous way:  
"You have been working hard," he said with heavy sarcasm, as he looked at the empty page.

Then you should perhaps start working on your prose and understand the basic concept that sarcasm is difficult to portray in the written word, you certainly failed in your attempt to exude sarcasm...   

Fools you say.....   Perhaps learn to use emoticons....     

• Like 1
  • Sad 1