Ukraine Uncovers Major Arms Corruption Scandal Worth $40 Million

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I really don't know if you are being serious, or not. Never mind, carry on.

A bit of both there I think.

The Latin cogito, ergo sum, usually translated into English as "I think, therefore I am"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito,_ergo_sum

From the Moody Blues a long time ago. the beginning LP.

"I'm more than that, I know I am, at least, I think I must be".

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The EU isn't Russia, but you know that.

But in the EU, the USA and the UK you are still allowed to disagree with the leaders.

However in Russia (and to an extent in Thailand) you get exiled or jailed by the government for doing so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Officers get the medals, squaddies get a bag.

In the RAF, the officers do indeed get the medals in a war, usually posthumously, and also a bag, if they can find enough bits to scrape into the said bag, and with added dirt or sand to give it weight and shape.

• Agree 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:21 AM, beautifulthailand99 said:

He won't do that. What I see happening is a tacit ceasefire sometime this year when Ukraine realises it has no more men,ammo or equipment to fight the war of attrition. They along with the Russians continue to develop massive defensive fortifications over the stalemate frontline and a defacto armistice happens. Ukraine will quietly forget about getting back these regions and Crimea indeed it will probably be glad to ditch its Russophile regions. The Kremlin will also be happy to take what they now have as a win. If that peace holds for sufficient time then investment may come back into Ukraine from western powers and they could get some sort of NATO/EU lite. There will be no official peace agreement in the short to medium term and Zelenskiy will retire to allow to take on the mantle of leadership.

I don't think so because most of the resources lie in the Donbas area as I understand it. It would also allow Russia to continue to threaten Ukrainian shipping from Crimea and points west. Ukraine won't stop and the US will break the back of the MAGA traitors holding up funds.

Edited by ozimoron

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

But in the EU, the USA and the UK you are still allowed to disagree with the leaders.

However in Russia (and to an extent in Thailand) you get exiled or jailed by the government for doing so.

I was only talking about the EU. The problem there is that from what I know about it, which certainly isn't everything, so I may be wrong, is that the people that actually run it are not the ones that the common herd can elect. Which means that one can disagree all one wants and it means nothing.

When was the last time any politician asked you for your opinion on anything?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

In the RAF, the officers do indeed get the medals in a war, usually posthumously, and also a bag, if they can find enough bits to scrape into the said bag, and with added dirt or sand to give it weight and shape.

The higher they get ( rank wise ) the further away from the bullets they get. How close to the Russians does your friend Zelensky get, all dolled up in his green machine uniform?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The higher they get ( rank wise ) the further away from the bullets they get. How close to the Russians does your friend Zelensky get, all dolled up in his green machine uniform?

From a link I saw on the BBC several weeks ago, Zelensky went to the front lines in the Ukraine.

The opposite question is how close has Putin got to the front lines, or even when was the last time that he left his bunker to go outside of Russia?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

@thaibeachlovers

You said officers. Now you move the goalposts as it was a stupid comment.

Most pilots are officers.

Platoon leaders are.

You're just throwing mud in all directions.

• Agree 1

Nooo, corruption in the Ukraine? Imposible. 

I hope none of the 60 billion that the US is about to send there will not fall in the pocket of Zelinsky and friends. 

The only difference I see is that this is not a weapons package. converting weapons to cash is difficult. But converting cash to cash is almost impossible.  

Edited by sirineou
  • Confused 4
  • Agree 1

On 2/6/2024 at 6:03 PM, billd766 said:

From a link I saw on the BBC several weeks ago, Zelensky went to the front lines in the Ukraine.

The opposite question is how close has Putin got to the front lines, or even when was the last time that he left his bunker to go outside of Russia?

I am aware of that, but he was hardly in the line of fire, was he? Perhaps he wants a medal to go with his designer uniform.

If you are going to take that attitude, how close did Bush the younger, Obama and Biden get to the bullets in their wars. I give Bush the elder a pass as he was apparently a gunner on bombers in WW2.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1