Thai Airways: A Downward Spiral of Service, Accountability, and National Pride

webfact

On 1/29/2024 at 2:24 PM, steven100 said:

Thai airways is a crappy airline .... the sooner they cut it up and dismantle it to stop the bleeding the better I say ..

It'll never be any good while ever there's a Thai at the helm.

they couldn't run an honest chook raffle   !!

• Agree 1

I have not flown Thai Airways in a long time, but I flew Thai Smile frequently between Bangkok and Khonkaen. I found them very competent - I never had any problems more serious than the occasional 30 minute delay. I tried to make a reservation yesterday with Thai and had a couple issues which I was unable to resolve on the website and I tried to call them - absolutely nobody home. The local ticket office in Pattaya has been closed so I can't even walk in. That brought me here and after reading these posts I don't know what to do. Does anybody have experience with VietJet?

On 2/10/2024 at 11:16 AM, pjmorton said:

I have not flown Thai Airways in a long time, but I flew Thai Smile frequently between Bangkok and Khonkaen. I found them very competent - I never had any problems more serious than the occasional 30 minute delay. I tried to make a reservation yesterday with Thai and had a couple issues which I was unable to resolve on the website and I tried to call them - absolutely nobody home. The local ticket office in Pattaya has been closed so I can't even walk in. That brought me here and after reading these posts I don't know what to do. Does anybody have experience with VietJet?

Flying short domestic flights (usually between Bangkok and Hat Yai), I don't really care much which airline; most important is price/schedule.

I did have a preference, though, for Thai Smile, because everything was included without having to pay extra fees - and they even had a senior's discount 😉 - so I'm sad to see them go.

Most recently I used Thai Vietjet Air and Thai Lion Air - both without any issues.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 1:02 PM, proton said:

Hit and miss with food, better on some legs than other with the same airline. Last year on emirates economy it was the best food I ever had on a flight, time before on Qatar Q class the food was the worst and worse even than their own economy. Any airline is better than TG though, food not fit for a soi dog.

A private jet with your hand picked Chefs might satisfy your 'stringent standards' - me thinks. 

After reading so much bad about Thai Airways,  I was wondering where something like this would fit into. 

A plane was flying with 159 onboard. Then both pilots fell asleep.

Article 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, ravip said:

A plane was flying with 159 onboard. Then both pilots fell asleep.

Yep, but Indonesian Airlines are like that. :biggrin: They used to be collectively known as ... 'The Flying Circus'. That said they have improved safety standards. Yes it is true. I use AAsia BKK BALI as my hot season Thai escape & then fly local on from there to the eastern isles. They do seem to hit the tarmac pretty hard when coming into Ambon or Manado though. Ouch. Ramadan this year (& last) so it is Thai islands 

Thai Airways used to be good. That said, the complaints made by many here about Thai staff & pilots having attitude problems, that might be the best term to use, is true. That is why I stopped flying them. Some of their staff work their tails off, others could not be bothered & you have no clue what if anything they do. Why fly them if you can fly JAL, EVA, Qatar, etc. It is my money, I do not pay for 'attitude issues' from Hi So types who think it beneath them to serve customers.  

Edited by Dcheech