Premiership Prediction Comp 2007-2008

Jockstar

I have asked in the mods forum for admin to see if there is any way to check that they may have been sent. I definately dont have them.

I have just re-sent them on, as a forward, from the original e-mail, it wasn't bounced back and it is the usual e-mail address that I send them to you on, so I am at a loss.

Let me know if you receive them this time, obviously too late now, but I would like to know if they reach you this time.

Cheers

Moss

Got them this time. No idea why i never got them before. Must be at your end. Sorry. Unfortunately you wont get any points this week. :o

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have asked in the mods forum for admin to see if there is any way to check that they may have been sent. I definately dont have them.

I have just re-sent them on, as a forward, from the original e-mail, it wasn't bounced back and it is the usual e-mail address that I send them to you on, so I am at a loss.

Let me know if you receive them this time, obviously too late now, but I would like to know if they reach you this time.

Cheers

Moss

Got them this time. No idea why i never got them before. Must be at your end. Sorry. Unfortunately you wont get any points this week. :o

If he's resent the mail from from the originally sent mail, surely there'll be an originally sent mail time/date stamp....? Would that not be evidence enough to give him points....?

redrus

Predictions now due for this weekend.

I like the new avatar JS :D

scousemouse is back after his enforced absence

p.s if you beat me chonabot your win is tainted :bah:

Cheers mate. I felt like a change. So you got internet now? Or are you using a caf still?

Back on line mate :D , I just had to give somchai a bit of corruption pay and bob's your uncle :D .

Sounds about right. :D

BTW you see chonabot hasnt predicted this week?

Hehe , I didn't want my win to be tainted so I thought I'd give scouse a fighting chance by missing the week out......honest.. :o

As long as you miss the next 3 weeks of preds Chon it will be a fair teb :bah:

Cheers

Moss

Got them this time. No idea why i never got them before. Must be at your end. Sorry. Unfortunately you wont get any points this week. :D

If he's resent the mail from from the originally sent mail, surely there'll be an originally sent mail time/date stamp....? Would that not be evidence enough to give him points....?

redrus

This is what i have on the email. :o

[email protected]

date Feb 11, 2008 7:08 PM

subject EPL

Fair enough.

redrus

Yes it is, but thanks for the appeal Red.

I have checked with our I.T for an explanation, because I certainly sent them on Friday, so the time I.D that JS posted threw me a little.

The explanation is:

We run a particular data base, but have to have outlook running separately behind it, no outlook, no e-mail.

What I must have done was inadvertantly shut down outlook and the e-mail then gets locked into outbox.

Open up the system again Monday Morning and it searches for unsent mail and finds my abberent e-mail and promptly sends it, two and a half days late :D

So no arguments here as there can be no proof that I sent in time :o

Hope that explains it in my non-tecky way

Moss :D

Edited by Mossfinn

Predictions for this coming weekend due from

Mossfinn

scousemouse

markr

OneEyedHohn

chonabot

ThaiPauly

mrtoad

MrBoJangles

Lite Beer

Muckypups

redrus

Harry Hacker

totster

JacknDanny

toasted

Magroot

Oldfield

Happy Hammer

Belfast Boy

totlanh

Mossfinn

scousemouse

markr

ThaiPauly

mrtoad

MrBoJangles

Muckypups

redrus

Harry Hacker

totster

JacknDanny

toasted

Oldfield

Happy Hammer

Belfast Boy

totlanh

Pm's will be sent soon.

I have just resent mine to you mate.

Like I said, the Spurs Chelsea game is NOT a league game, therefore should not really count towards the competition IMHO :o

I think you need to make a ruling public prior to kick off.

Home Team Away Team Prediction

12:45 UK Birmingham v Arsenal 0 2

15:00 UK Fulham v West Ham 1 1

15:00 UK Liverpool v Middlesbrough 2 0

15:00 UK Portsmouth v Sunderland 2 0

15:00 UK Reading v Aston Villa 1 1

15:00 UK Tottenham v Chelsea 1 2

15:00 UK Wigan v Derby 2 0

17:15 UK Newcastle v Man Utd 1 2

15:00 UK Blackburn v Bolton 1 1

20:00 UK Man City v Everton 1 1

Good Luck to all

Moss

Home Team Away Team Prediction

12:45 UK Birmingham v Arsenal 0 2

15:00 UK Fulham v West Ham 1 1

15:00 UK Liverpool v Middlesbrough 2 0

15:00 UK Portsmouth v Sunderland 2 0

15:00 UK Reading v Aston Villa 1 1

15:00 UK Tottenham v Chelsea 1 2

15:00 UK Wigan v Derby 2 0

17:15 UK Newcastle v Man Utd 1 2

15:00 UK Blackburn v Bolton 1 1

20:00 UK Man City v Everton 1 1

Good Luck to all

Moss

Got them mate.

Mossfinn

scousemouse

markr

ThaiPauly

mrtoad

MrBoJangles

Muckypups

redrus

Harry Hacker

totster

JacknDanny

toasted

Oldfield

Happy Hammer

Belfast Boy

totlanh

Pm's will be sent soon.

Like I said, the Spurs Chelsea game is NOT a league game, therefore should not really count towards the competition IMHO :o

You are right. But when i made these sheets up a while back. The Spurs Chelsea game was shown on the fixture list on Soccernet. It must have been a league game that was shown? Anyway. Since the game is on the list. I'm going to accept it. Everyone except Mrtoad and scousemouse has predicted it as it was on the sheet. Thats why its best to submit the sheets and not copied of a website as Mrtoad and scouse do. But if they get their prediction in within the next couple of hours i will be willing to accept them. If not they will get no points for that game. BTW the result after 90 minutes will count. For the Cup Final. Good luck lads.

Mossfinn

scousemouse

markr

ThaiPauly

mrtoad

MrBoJangles

Muckypups

redrus

Harry Hacker

totster

JacknDanny

toasted

Oldfield

Happy Hammer

Belfast Boy

totlanh

Pm's will be sent soon.

You are right. But when i made these sheets up a while back. The Spurs Chelsea game was shown on the fixture list on Soccernet. It must have been a league game that was shown? Anyway. Since the game is on the list. I'm going to accept it. Everyone except Mrtoad and scousemouse has predicted it as it was on the sheet. Thats why its best to submit the sheets and not copied of a website as Mrtoad and scouse do. But if they get their prediction in within the next couple of hours i will be willing to accept them. If not they will get no points for that game. BTW the result after 90 minutes will count. For the Cup Final. Good luck lads.

The reason I wanted clarification, is that Spurs were due to meet Chelsea in the league this weekend, but that game has been rearranged, as they are meeting in the cup final. Technically scousemouse and mr toad are correct as it is not a league game. We do not predict cup games normally. so they are at a distinct disadvantage when in actual fact they are correct

So when Chelsea play Spurs in the premiership that game will count aswell as the cup final in the compo :o ???

I thought it was called " Premiership Prediction Comp " not " Carling Cup Comp " :D:D .

ps - scousemouse needs the points mak mark :D .

Scousemouse zero points for trying to be a smart arse. :D :D

BTW after 90 minutes the score was 1-1. So thats what will gain you points. Not the final score of 2-1.

Mrtoad predicted the ManU result this week. He was the only one. 12 points for that one. Scores will go up tomorrow after the Everton game tonight.

So when Chelsea play Spurs in the premiership that game will count aswell as the cup final in the compo :o ???

I thought it was called " Premiership Prediction Comp " not " Carling Cup Comp " :D:D .

ps - scousemouse needs the points mak mark :D .

Scousemouse zero points for trying to be a smart arse. :D :D

BTW after 90 minutes the score was 1-1. So thats what will gain you points. Not the final score of 2-1.

Mrtoad predicted the ManU result this week. He was the only one. 12 points for that one. Scores will go up tomorrow after the Everton game tonight.

Shit, I might even get more than 20 points this week. :D

Well Chelsea v Spurs was the ONLY one I got right...by default.

I went with the pundits this week except I changed the Reading result from a 2-1 home defeat to a draw, and it was 2-1, (sods bluddy law) they did not predict the Spurs v Chelsea game.

Last time I follow their advice

If you are going to put a Cup Final into the Premiership prediction competition then you have to give points on the result, which in this case is 2 - 1.

The fact that I predicted 2-1 in no way impinges on my point of view. :osmilie added for emphasis

May I suggest you canvass everyone on their views......

1) Remove this match from this weeks predictions

2) Award points as per the result which for the record is 2-1 to Spurs.

Edited by OneeyedJohn

If you are going to put a Cup Final into the Premiership prediction competition then you have to give points on the result, which in this case is 2 - 1.

The fact that I predicted 2-1 in no way impinges on my point of view. :osmilie added for emphasis

So now you bring it up? There was only 2 members that mentioned that the fact it was a cup final. So i am sticking to what i stated before. If you dont like it. Who cares? see the other thread regarding points etc.

The fact that I predicted 2-1 in no way impinges on my point of view. :Dsmilie added for emphasis

The bookies pay out for the score at 90 minutes. I see no reason why this comp should be any different. And no, i didn't predict 1-1 :o

So when Chelsea play Spurs in the premiership that game will count aswell as the cup final in the compo ???

I thought it was called " Premiership Prediction Comp " not " Carling Cup Comp "

ps - scousemouse needs the points mak mark :o .

Scousemouse zero points for trying to be a smart arse. :D:D

Mai Ow :D:D

I agree with Mr B that the prediction score was 1-1 and that will win the points ( and I did predict 1-1 :D ).

If they dont like it lump it eh JockStar B) .

Well done mrtoad with the geordies v mancs pred :D

OK, I am not entirely sure why this game was included after the EPL game was changed to a CC game, however the rule stating the reason and point scoring was clearly stated beforehand, so canvasing for a change of rules after the event is clearly illogical, but I guess you are joking :D

However, I do lobby for a change in the rules, in the hope I can predict on the Tuesday after the W/Es results, I may just do better, but I wouldn't bet on it. :o

Moss