Share Your Favorite Restaurants In Phangan

• 1 month later...

After one of my insect hunting tours, I arrived in Tong Nai Pan Noi and I ate at La Hacienda, nice "al fresco" Mexican-Rasta restaurant, owned by a Finnish guy (mr. Janne). Good and tasty food, both Mex and Thai, Nachos with cheddar, salsa, hot jalapenos and grilled chicken, a good mashed potatoes, cold beers and friendly environment. A bit pricey.

• 2 weeks later...

Casa Italia Pizza on Soi Krungthai - great pizza and pasta, ask for steve's california pesto pizza.

steve

Sorry buddy but I found the pizza at Casa Italia terrible and the woman was extremely rude. It's not "Italia" at all, I dunno how the place gets that name. The pizza tastes like a microwave pizza or something that could have been bought out of the box at Tesco.

For great pizza and REAL ITALIAN SERVICE check out Cafe Moccha in Chaloklum. Now that place has great food and great service.

I am not affiliated in any way with any business here.

• 3 months later...

Went to Peppercorn in Sri Thanu last week with my wife and child and a couple of island dwelling friends to celebrate my birthday, after strong recommendations from other people we know with businesses on the island. Had a great meal, especially impressive in terms of presentation and service as the restaurant was full that evening.

For those of you lucky enough to live on the islands, eating upstairs in the open air in a jungle may be old hat, but I thought the setting was lovely and the room simple.

My little 'un had a lasagne, which I helped him finish - it was delicious and very much home crafted. The four of us grown-ups had steaks and a vegetarian plate, with some red and white wines as a treat instead of beer. We tried a range of potatoes and veg, nice to have spinach in KPN. All had the green peppercorn sauce, I wouldn't vary from that if I ever have the chance to go back. And my t-bone was cooked exactly as I asked.

So hat's off to Friddi and the team for delivering a lovely occasion, and I must say thanks to OT and his team at High Life Had Yao for our complimentary taxi drop off and to my dining companions for picking up the cheque, which was kind but not necessary.

Ady / Nic / Alfie

• 3 months later...

Beach lounge,just outside Thong Sala following the road that leads to Lime and Soda,Dakanda, b 52 ecc. ecc.

wonderful place right on the beach,Thomas a young Austrian and his wife offer excellent Thai cuisine

highly recommended

Hi everyone,

I think the Rango should be mentioned here. It's a Mexican Restaurant in Srithanu (next to 7/11 and on the same side), that also sells delicious Thaifood. The restaurant has a small bar and a video projector. Prices are reasonabe and Rita and her boyfriend are really nice!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to Peppercorn in Sri Thanu last week with my wife and child and a couple of island dwelling friends to celebrate my birthday, after strong recommendations from other people we know with businesses on the island. Had a great meal, especially impressive in terms of presentation and service as the restaurant was full that evening.

For those of you lucky enough to live on the islands, eating upstairs in the open air in a jungle may be old hat, but I thought the setting was lovely and the room simple.

My little 'un had a lasagne, which I helped him finish - it was delicious and very much home crafted. The four of us grown-ups had steaks and a vegetarian plate, with some red and white wines as a treat instead of beer. We tried a range of potatoes and veg, nice to have spinach in KPN. All had the green peppercorn sauce, I wouldn't vary from that if I ever have the chance to go back. And my t-bone was cooked exactly as I asked.

So hat's off to Friddi and the team for delivering a lovely occasion, and I must say thanks to OT and his team at High Life Had Yao for our complimentary taxi drop off and to my dining companions for picking up the cheque, which was kind but not necessary.

Ady / Nic / Alfie

Peppercorn has now moved to Haad Salad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

...speaking of KPG, Had Yao Villas have the best seafront restaurant on Had Yao (west) - I've sampled the lot and they're not only best, they're cheapest, too. Odd, I know. They are (currently) first in a row of restaurants when walking south from the north end (where the Bay View is). Good & speedy service, too. The interesting thing is that the cooks seem to prepare the dishes slightly differently every time I eat there (or different cooks more likely), but it's always exceptionally good. Pretty decent prices for a seafront restaurant, I rarely pay more than 200 baht.

• Like 1

A french owned place which is also very good! Fisherman's Restaurant and Bar

Located on the water side of Ban Tai KP .... past the "coconut husking" place.. Opposite the Victory Church!

Open 1 PM

IMG_1494.JPG

The Barracuda dish and fish and chips.... yummy!!!!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

IMG_1553.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy

I second that Fellini restaurant in the Se Thanu area. I have a few things to add.

The Fellini restaurant i conveniently located on the main road but still remains to hold on to a quiet and Italienesque atmosphere.

post-70928-0-33839200-1367035388_thumb.j post-70928-0-59291000-1367035393_thumb.j post-70928-0-96197400-1367037252_thumb.j

Atmosphere

First of all the owner sent away without hesitation 2 farangs who wanted to watch soccer while the big screen showed nice documantaries. To me

this is a sign of character and made me feel comfortable knowing i will be treated correctly.

The Pasta

The neverending pasta carbonara discussion (cream/no cream bacon/ham good bacon bad bacon) ends right here in the kitchen. This cook will only make it 1 way: and that is the right way!

post-70928-0-11781400-1367035485_thumb.j post-70928-0-53161000-1367035475_thumb.j post-70928-0-38590100-1367035491_thumb.j post-70928-0-67479600-1367035502_thumb.j

Another excellent apperativo here under displayed is the 4 fromaggio penne. Excellent combination of cheese flavours. The secret 4th cheese was never revealed.

post-70928-0-47389800-1367035497_thumb.j

The Drink

You can drink a proscecco if you want and even Limoncello or Grappa as a digestive. Also for the not so adventurous this is available.

post-70928-0-93208600-1367035976_thumb.j

The Pizza

Here the last piece of what once was a Gorgonzola, notice the square piece left indicating the amateur guest handeled this pizza wrongly.

post-70928-0-25452800-1367036185_thumb.j

We'll continue with the superb Pizza "Diablo". Thin crust and excellent balance between cheese tomatoe Chalapanjo's and authentic Italian salame

post-70928-0-97305900-1367036191_thumb.j post-70928-0-05892000-1367036197_thumb.j

Fresh authentic ingredients are shipped in and tetsted on quality by the cook himself from the mainland. High recommendation for anyone venturing to KP.

The main dish, a medium rare steak, was too much for me this time.

Thanks

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

There's a great sushi restaurant in haad salad, nice guy named A runs it, has a personal touch to it, he usually does a daily special.

I like the 25 sushi roll dish he does and his wasabi sauce is the fan good too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pizza Chiara in Thong Sala has some pretty good pasta's, served in a frying pan, s small nice touch. They offer pizza and pasta for 149.-THB but once inside the menu has 'normal' prices and is fairly extensive. Taste was very good on my pasta seafood!