Construction to Begin on Sukhumvit Road Drainage Improvement Project in Pattaya

webfact

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

North of North Pattaya road

There was a load of work there just a few weeks back, I remember being squeezed into a single lane...before the hospital. The drawing above suggests both carriageways/directions. Might have to go the longer way around via the motorway.

53 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There was a load of work there just a few weeks back, I remember being squeezed into a single lane...before the hospital. The drawing above suggests both carriageways/directions. Might have to go the longer way around via the motorway.

Still going on  :sad:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That looks like a very professionally planned project going by the detailed drawing. 

Haha, optimistic. I doubt the reality will match up to the pretty planned drawing!

On 2/1/2024 at 3:57 AM, webfact said:

A major construction project to upgrade the drainage system along Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya is set to get underway, February 1st.

More up-upheaval

So they give a start date, so I know I should use the road next to the train tracks, but they can't give an estimated completion date? 🤨

An exact ETA for how long the project will last was not given by relevant city officials.

The other day I was at the Sukhumvit & Pattaya Nua intersection where there's construction going on and traffic was backed up, along comes an ambulance with lights & siren, and he's blasting his horn every few seconds but nobody could move. Now they're adding another construction site just a few hundred meters away??

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this north or south of Bangkok Hospital? I've got an appointment on Wednesday and if it's south of the hospital then it will be easier for me to use Third Road and Soi Photisan rather than Sukhumvit.

Edited by Guderian

7 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Is this north or south of Bangkok Hospital? I've got an appointment on Wednesday and if it's south of the hospital then it will be easier for me to use Third Road and Soi Photisan rather than Sukhumvit.

Both the places listed (Khlong Thom Market, aka the weekend garden market) and the VT Namnueng shop are just north of BPH, but if traffic is busy it can easily back up to the hospital.  Avoid the possible bottleneck and use Soi Photisan.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Both the places listed (Khlong Thom Market, aka the weekend garden market) and the VT Namnueng shop are just north of BPH, but if traffic is busy it can easily back up to the hospital.  Avoid the possible bottleneck and use Soi Photisan.

Thanks, that's what I'll do.

21 hours ago, newnative said:

They need to work way faster and 24 hours a day. 

My thoughts exactly! I was just by there today--Saturday the 3rd, and nothing was going on, no workers, no nothing. I guess the powers that be in Pattaya never use this intersection, or North Rd outbound, for that matter. As cheap as labor is here, throw more personnel on to the job and like you say, 24 hrs a day! It's different if it's some BS side street, but this is MAJOR thoroughfare. TIT

• Like 1