JIB

I ordered many times from JIB and I never had any problems.

Today I received an email from them with this warning.

เตือนภัย อย่าหลงเชื่อบุคคลแอบอ้าง (jib.co.th)

I publish this here, so people are aware of this problem.

I would buy from them again.

• Thanks 1

I have had 3 or 4 unsolicited calls to my mobile over the last 2 or 3 weeks.  Fortunately they showed as suspected spam and I refrained from answering them,

When I did a search for the number it showed as masquerading as JIB on whoscall.

Last digits were 2438

6 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

I have had 3 or 4 unsolicited calls to my mobile over the last 2 or 3 weeks.  Fortunately they showed as suspected spam and I refrained from answering them,

When I did a search for the number it showed as masquerading as JIB on whoscall.

Last digits were 2438

I have to note that I also have received a few weird calls, one for sure a scam in the past week or so. Two other people in the houshold also received scam calls, both of them from oversees numbers. I usually don't receive calls like that. There seems to be a big scam call campaign going on.

Just now, eisfeld said:

I have to note that I also have received a few weird calls, one for sure a scam in the past week or so. Two other people in the houshold also received scam calls, both of them from oversees numbers. I usually don't receive calls like that. There seems to be a big scam call campaign going on.

I have also has a number that appears to be a London number persistently try to contact me that I have also ignore (ending 2049). Anyone else?

I sometimes feel that companies in this country are its worst enemy.

The other day I needed to send a subwoofer back to the service center - the importer / agent is Powerbuy - I called Powerbuy and I / my wife couldn't get it across to them that we couldn't carry a 18kg subwoofer in a box 70cm cube through central festival. After a few days of back and forth we got to discover they had a collection service - however, it was just two employees who turned up in a Nissan March. The guy called and said he was leaving the shop and we were to pay 300B x2 trips, we had to pay 500B for the technicians in BKK to open the box and check it - all of which I was delighted to pay, the employee gave an account number, which we then discovered was his personal account. The guys showed up and took the speaker, I asked my wife for the service receipt, nothing was offered, they just took the speaker.

I can't think of the specifics, but there are a few times where I have had to pay employees personal accounts and presumably they forwarded the payment to the company, I have no reason to assume otherwise as receipts were always provided - but it does happen quite frequently.

I assume in this instance the email is warning us of a scam call centre rather than rogue employee, but true occurrences like this are quite frequent.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 6:18 PM, timendres said:

I like JIB

I like JIB prices and inventory.

I dislike JIB sales people.

So, basically, it is just about Cost/Benefit for me.

I tolerate the JIB sales people while pinching my nose.

I will always buy from JIB...under duress, for the above stated reason.

Maybe JIB can fix this problem with their sales force?