Hi,

im on a None Immigrant O-A (one year 50+) Visa. 

Im up for my first 90 days first within a few days.

I totally missed this TM30 thing, after getting the Visa i thought that was is - good to go. 

I have a few questions, grateful if anyone can help out.

Since arriving i have stayed at 

1. Hotel 5-6 nights before finding condo

2. Condo 6 weeks private thai landlady

3. 2 hotels for 2 weeks looking for new flat

4. New flat by Airbnb last few week 

Does it matter/help if i ask for TM30 receipt from hotels/thai landlord now, afterwards. 

By reading about Airbnb in Thailand it looks like this is a problem also for me?

How big of a problem will this be? Is it ”just a fine” or bigger issue like loosing the visa?

Is it a solution to do a ”visa-run” for a day or two - i understand i re-set my days from close to 90 to 0 - or will i have the same problem at the airport with immigration when leaving or re-entering?

Is it better to go though a agent with this problems or should i go to immigration asap to sort it out?

Truely grateful for all valid information.

Stig

Edited by Koala123

Ask your Air B n B host if they can file a TM30 for you... If your Air B n B host is Thai, this should be possible for them to do and they may be familiar with having done so in the past. 

They will need to file for a username and password first - all this can be done online.

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30api/loginExternal.jsp?value=EXT&id=00898ec1703e3e3331be631c3bc1306c

IF your Air b n b doesn't want to assist with TM30...  things get a little more awkward.

Your best bet maybe to go back to the hotels and see if they filed a TM30...   IF they did, ask them if they have a receipt of that.

OR.. check into a hotel for a night, have them file a TM30 and get the receipt from that.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Koala123 said:

have the same problem at the airport with immigration when leaving or re-entering?

Immigration at the Airport have no interest in a TM30 when departing... Its only Immigration Offices who are bothered with this when making extensions of stay etc 

13 minutes ago, Koala123 said:

im on a None Immigrant O-A (one year 50+) Visa. 

So you have a valid non O-A visa? 

90 day reporting has nothing to do with TM30.

Why bother with TM30. 

At this stage you are not doing extensions 

Assume you are aware that if you do an exit and reenter just prior to expiry of the non O-A you will be stamped in for 12 months (requires insurance) 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So you have a valid non O-A visa? 

90 day reporting has nothing to do with TM30.

Why bother with TM30. 

At this stage you are not doing extensions 

Assume you are aware that if you do an exit and reenter just prior to expiry of the non O-A you will be stamped in for 12 months (requires insurance) 

Yeah, I did the TM30/90 day report stuff just for the residence certificate and bank account.

With the O-A visa I don't think you even need to do the 90 day (although you are supposed to). One guy said he just left free and clear at the end of the O-A and skipped immigration stuff completely while he was here.

I don't think it matters for the 2nd year stamp in either, though not positive.

Edited by JimTripper

People are so tensed up about this TM30 after leaving their home country to find a life in Thailand, possibly using a wify visa. Here is what I did instead of posting in this forum. I have a 10-year lease, and I come to the same address after I leave Pattaya or Thailand. I did a TM30 in 2018, and after that, I never bothered to do so. I recently wanted a residency certificate for a car or MC license and was informed my TM30 is not up-to-date. I told the agent, BS. How much do you register for TM30 again? I was informed 500 baht. I paid 500 baht and got another TM30.

Everything is so easy in Thailand if willing to spend some money.