Where Can I Buy

lannarebirth

You've all seen them. Those ubiquitous tents, or canopies with the steel pipe frames. They come in pitched and arched tops. Does anyone know where I can buy them ready made, or to order, and what price per sq. mtr. I might expect to pay? Even used would be OK. Though I imagine they're not discounted much for that. TIA

Do you mean an outdoor gazeebo, the green tent style ones, or do you mean the one's that people use when they are having their houseblesings for example that can accomodate 20 people or so?

If its the former then I saw some at Global yesterday. IF it's the later I am afraid I don't know, but you could ask your other half to visit the local Temple and ask where they get them from, there must be some kind of supplier as all the Temples in Thailand have them.

Good Luck, and if you happen to find any that will accomodate 60 people please let me know as I am looking for something to cover the roof of our restaurant during rainy season, but so far have found nothing suitable.

Good Luck, and if you happen to find any that will accomodate 60 people please let me know as I am looking for something to cover the roof of our restaurant during rainy season, but so far have found nothing suitable.

We just set one up at our facility to cover machine shop equipment that is being stored outdoors while a new building goes up. I'll take a picture and put here and check where they got it and how much when I go to work Monday.

Do you mean an outdoor gazeebo, the green tent style ones, or do you mean the one's that people use when they are having their houseblesings for example that can accomodate 20 people or so?

If its the former then I saw some at Global yesterday. IF it's the later I am afraid I don't know, but you could ask your other half to visit the local Temple and ask where they get them from, there must be some kind of supplier as all the Temples in Thailand have them.

Hi TP,

I'm looking for the latter type, used for funerls and weddings and political events and so forth. I have a lot of building materials and tractor implements I want to keep covered . I'm going to build permanent structures but but I'm not sure where exactly, whether I want one or two, what should be the design, etc. with rainy season upon us this seems the best alternative and i can use it again elsewhere later.

About your restaurant, I've seen a couple types. One type is the same as I'm looking for but with clear plastic covering. The other uses clear or tinted, flat or curved, polycarbonate panels over a wood or light steel frame. It's very nice for outside dining.

Edited by lannarebirth

We just set one up at our facility to cover machine shop equipment that is being stored outdoors while a new building goes up. I'll take a picture and put here and check where they got it and how much when I go to work Monday.

That's exactly what i'm looking for. Thanks very much.

Got the information for you guys. This is the company that we got ours from. They make it to order in choices of colors and will even set it up for you. The one pictured below is 4 meters x 8 meters and cost 16,000 Baht all inclusive (material, posts, etc.). Located on Chotana Road. Might contact them to see about used ones if that price is too much.

post-566-1185187233_thumb.jpgpost-566-1185187695_thumb.jpg

post-566-1185187785_thumb.jpg

Got the information for you guys. This is the company that we got ours from. They make it to order in choices of colors and will even set it up for you. The one pictured below is 4 meters x 8 meters and cost 16,000 Baht all inclusive (material, posts, etc.). Located on Chotana Road. Might contact them to see about used ones if that price is too much.

post-566-1185187233_thumb.jpgpost-566-1185187695_thumb.jpg

post-566-1185187785_thumb.jpg

They came to our resto today. Not cheap though 160,00 Baht (after negotiaton) without any side awnings, but they are a professional company ..and my roof garden is BIG, reckon I will eventually accept it...if I can get the price down a little bit more. :o

Thanks again Thaiways for posting this info.

I owe you a free meal, when do you wana come?

TP

Thanks again Thaiways for posting this info.

I owe you a free meal, when do you wana come?

TP

Glad to help ThaiPauly. Will have to ask the wife about an evening out. :o Else, you can buy me a free beer at the BBQ. :D