Staying at mil's house

On 2/5/2024 at 9:41 AM, Thingamabob said:

Yes indeed. I did this years ago at my local amphur office in Bangkok. Got my yellow book and, incidentally, a pink ID card at the same time. Both have proven useful.

Agree with you but the Yellow book and pink card are so damned hard to get. I have tried 5 times now and each time was told  that they were too busy. I started the fifth application 3 months ago. It seems I may get it this time...... if I give a 10,000 Baht tip.

15 minutes ago, petedk said:

Agree with you but the Yellow book and pink card are so damned hard to get. I have tried 5 times now and each time was told  that they were too busy. I started the fifth application 3 months ago. It seems I may get it this time...... if I give a 10,000 Baht tip.

Do not give the 10,000 baht tip - thats just a rip off and insulting you to your face.

The Amphur officers obviously do not 'want' to go through the paper work of issuing the Yellow Book because its a lot of paperwork and time consuming for them, so some (a lot it seems), seem to want to dissuade you by telling you that you cannot, that they are too buys, or you have to make an appointment etc...  

Ultimately, they can't 'not give it to you'....  So.. Just be polite and stubborn, ask to see the boss if they are being difficult etc, make an appointment etc...   But don't become a door mat.

• Like 1