KrungThai bank face detection

Anyone here succeeded in getting the face detection activated in the KrungThai app?

App got deleted from my phone, probably because I didn't activate, and now I can't activate it.

When start scanning get all error, too light, too dark, can not detect chin, can not detect cheeks, move face closer, move face within frame. In short everything but a positive.

Anyone else experienced the same?

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, BenStark said:

Anyone here succeeded in getting the face detection activated in the KrungThai app?

App got deleted from my phone, probably because I didn't activate, and now I can't activate it.

When start scanning get all error, too light, too dark, can not detect chin, can not detect cheeks, move face closer, move face within frame. In short everything but a positive.

Anyone else experienced the same?

When I go into the KTB app and try to activate facial recognition, it tells me to go to my local branch with my passport.

NDID - National Digital ID is a government requirement and ensures our 'face' is tied into our 'ID'... (passport etc).

Any transaction over 49,999 baht must use NDID.

Some Banks are not set up for NDID to work with Foreigners ID (for ID reasons not 'face shape' reasons).

e.g. SCB only has NDID set up to Thai ID cards and not Passports (or Yellow Book / Pink ID) and thus cannot be set up for a foreigner. 

But... A 'waver' can be signed so that NDID is not required for transactions over 49,999 baht - but this also absolves the bank of responsibility should there be any fraudulent activity. 

Bangkok Bank does have a System to set up NDID for foreigners (mine is tied into my Yellow House Book / Pink ID number - I'm not sure if it can also be registered to a Passport). 

Kasikorn Bank does not have a System to set up NDID for foreigners.

I'm not sure about KrungThai Bank...   NDID cannot be set up remotely through an App and requires a visit to a branch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not sure about KrungThai Bank...   NDID cannot be set up remotely through an App and requires a visit to a branch.

I just set it up, but I'm not a foreigner.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I just set it up, but I'm not a foreigner.

You set it up NDID remotely with your Thai ID on the Krung Thai Bank App ??? (and not at the Branch) ???

(My Wife has Bangkok Bank, SCB and Kasikorn - all required her to visit a branch to up).

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You set it up NDID remotely with your Thai ID on the Krung Thai Bank App ??? (and not at the Branch) ???

(My Wife has Bangkok Bank, SCB and Kasikorn - all required her to visit a branch to up).

Yes, I tried to take a screenshot but it wouldn't let me. 

It said something like Your facial data is ready to be used for identity verification that might be required when doing some transactions. 

Edited by Neeranam

32 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, I tried to take a screenshot but it wouldn't let me. 

It said something like Your facial data is ready to be used for identity verification that might be required when doing some transactions. 

Interesting, which bank ???

And at any point in the past year have you had your photo taken (face scanned) a branch of that bank and had it linked to your ID ???

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And at any point in the past year have you had your photo taken (face scanned) a branch of that bank and had it linked to your ID ???

KrungThai

Never any photo in the bank. Got a new card recently.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:
15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

KrungThai

Never any photo in the bank. Got a new card recently.

Thanks for the Clarification... 

Then it seems that Krung Thai have circumnavigated the need for the ID to be verified and registered with your Face at the branch and this can now be done on Mobile Banking.

In which case, IF KrungThai allow NDID for foreigners, this may also be possible on the Krung Thai Mobile App. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Then it seems that Krung Thai have circumnavigated the need for the ID to be verified and registered with your Face at the branch and this can now be done on Mobile Banking.

In which case, IF KrungThai allow NDID for foreigners, this may also be possible on the Krung Thai Mobile App. 

First I've heard of NDID, yesterday. 

Today, I tried using Paypal, after a few years and I see this NDID has to be done and linked to a bank account. 

Just now, Neeranam said:

First I've heard of NDID, yesterday. 

Today, I tried using Paypal, after a few years and I see this NDID has to be done and linked to a bank account. 

I assume this is a Thai Registered PayPal account  ?

NDID is required for Transfers of over 49,999 Baht - so if you want to check that you are registered for it, try and transfer 50,000 baht or more from one of your accounts to another (if you have two bank accounts) and see if it allows you.... (and asks to scan your face).

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I assume this is a Thai Registered PayPal account  ?

NDID is required for Transfers of over 49,999 Baht - so if you want to check that you are registered for it, try and transfer 50,000 baht or more from one of your accounts to another (if you have two bank accounts) and see if it allows you.... (and asks to scan your face).

I registered in Thiland but when I was a foreigner. Not sure if I can use it or not or have to update details, ie ID card. 

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I registered in Thiland but when I was a foreigner. Not sure if I can use it or not or have to update details, ie ID card. 

OK..  There were threads running that Foreigners have been having trouble using PayPal when registered to their Thai account.

IF I'm not mistaken - Paypal no longer works for foreigners here when registered to their Thai account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

As I stated earlier, when I go into the Face recognition in KTB Next app, I get the following message.

So I have to go to the bank.

ktb Face Scan.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng

4 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

As I stated earlier, when I go into the Face recognition in KTB Next app, I get the following message.

So I have to go to the bank.

ktb Face Scan.jpg

OK...  Thats more inline with my understanding of NDID...  (that everyone has to go into the Bank to get their face scanned).

... its also indicates that information provided by Neeranam is misleading.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1