Russian Mafia Phuket.

Jenkins9039

Mafia always sets up the kindergartens first then? lol.

34 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

They are here to stay there is some serious money being spent down in Rawai, Take a look around Rawai water park there is a moo baan down there, There is a play area down there a couple of months back I took my grand daughter to have a run around when we arrived it was all quiet not realizing what goes on down there, it's quite a good setup with 2 swimming pools and an indoor activity area, come 12 noon all these kids came from nowhere and all Russians they have a school down there and the café is where the kids have their diner, It's a whole Russian community, they even have a language school maybe thats where they all get their ED visa's from, you should take a look one day, 

I spoke with a Thai woman yesterday and she said she took her son down there once, enough she said, 

Once that new project is built on the beach front it will certainly be like little Moscow, 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I was in Bali last April. It was awful ! A beautiful island with beautiful people once, now ruined. The abuse of land/ buildings etc is horrendous.  The one big supermarket overrun with pushy Russian ladies and their Balinese staff. Nearly every Russian family I saw there had a Balinese nanny  night and day. In one five star hotel there were numerous long stay families with their Balinese staff. They’re not all draft dodgers, a lot are very rich Russians planning a new future and getaway in countries that still accept them.

Same is happening in Thailand. Once your kids are in school you’re Visa happy , no matter what your age, which is why we’re seeing more younger families than before. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:43 AM, ChipButty said:

There is a block of condos recently completed on Sai Yuan Road there is no name on it, It looks like a Russian hostel all Russians in there. 

Most condos are like this now. 

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

Absolutely.

But in the thread here nothing about Russian Mafia.

This may be,

https://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-couple-duped-of-b720k-in-fake-villa-booking-91198.php

If you see Russia owned or managed businesses then it is probably criminal enterprises at work. I recall a few years ago seeing a number of Russian girls outside a club on Pattaya's walking street, clearly working there. Someone's getting paid off I guess?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/8/2024 at 6:13 AM, Captain Monday said:

The Taxi mafia 20 years ago swore me off the island of greed but I went back for sandbox

if u live here u have zero reason to ever deal with taxi mafia  55555

more than a few Russians have been buying new bikes, making deals with locals that have shops and than renting the bikes out of the shops> 
Not sure thta classifies as mafia but i think not, just some wealthy Russians
although they seem to be doing well now, come april-nov,  not so sure 

On 2/7/2024 at 4:50 AM, ChipButty said:

While nearly 60,000 Russians arrived in Bali last year, roughly 20,000 have been arriving each month

Locals on Indonesia’s popular holiday island are accusing Russians of taking jobs amid influx sparked by Ukraine war.

Well over 100k Russians in Georgia.

they already have taken 20 percent of the country, cost of living is out of control as is rent prices. Is this the next Ukraine?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Northstar1 said:

Well over 100k Russians in Georgia.

they already have taken 20 percent of the country, cost of living is out of control as is rent prices. Is this the next Ukraine?

A probably unintentional development but very much welcomed by Putin. I would expect the same thing to be happening in other neighboring countries.