Kuala Lumpur Consulate Hours

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows what time and what days the Thai embassy is open in Kuala Lumpur? I can't seem to find it on the internet. Have you done a visa run to Kuala Lumpur before? (I'm getting a 60-day tourist visa).

thanks!

cool. that's what i figured but it seems that a lot of places in KL are closed on Mondays so i wanted to double check.

thanks for the quick reply!

For exact info:

Submit between 09.30 and 11.30 (get there early and stand by the office door......it's your position by the door that determines your 'que number'.

Pick up next day after 11.30.....although quiet often you can get them by 11.

I know this is true, just came back from visa run yesterday!!!!!

OutOfThisWorld

You stand in a queue and wait for the door to open (as Outofthisworld quoted above). Take a pen and UHU glue with you so you can fill in your app form and attach your photo WHILE WAITING. Saves a bundle of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you get the application form from?

If you wait in queue for the door to open, you'd have to break out of queue to get the app form?!

Is it available for download???

You stand in a queue and wait for the door to open (as Outofthisworld quoted above). Take a pen and UHU glue with you so you can fill in your app form and attach your photo WHILE WAITING. Saves a bundle of time.
Edited by Giraf

When you enter the embassy, the guard at the security hut will give you a visa app form. Immediately join the back of the queue outside and fill in your form (crouching down if necessary) while waiting.

When the doors open, another guard will give you a queue ticket number. Wait for your number. It's all pretty civilised!!

Edited by Big A

• 2 weeks later...

I was walking from Petronas tower to the Embassy. The embassy have street number 206, and suddenly a car dealer had (a very convincing) 244!!!! Ohh nooo.. i went back, couldn't find any street numbers on anything, talked to a few people, both told me sick stories on how to get there. I actually followed one of the directions, but the short story is I ended up taking a Taxi, we drove past 244 and several hundreds meter further the embassy was. :o I got there almost an hour late..

I ended up waiting almost 4 hours before I could deliver the application.

People were accusing some with babies of scamming, trying to cheat the queue... it wasn't all too boring hehe But bring something to read. Anyway nice embassy and nice city, it was a good experience.

When you enter the embassy, the guard at the security hut will give you a visa app form. Immediately join the back of the queue outside and fill in your form (crouching down if necessary) while waiting.

When the doors open, another guard will give you a queue ticket number. Wait for your number. It's all pretty civilised!!

Then a clipboard would be a useful item to bring along too. :o