Taylor Swift threatens to sue student who tracks her private jet

Social Media

On 2/9/2024 at 12:38 PM, sirineou said:

Swift has every right to be concerned, not only is it stalking, it endangers her safety, and infringes on her privacy. 

He is accessing publicly available information - he does not stalk her, he does not publish who is on the plane or where she is if she was on the plane, the publicly available information does not endanger her safety nor "infringe on her privacy" when she is in public.

On 2/9/2024 at 12:38 PM, impulse said:

I hope the guy has the financial resources to fend off the lawsuit

There is no lawsuit, just a letter from her lawyers and a letter is just a letter.  If they/she were in a good position to sue him, they'd be doing that, not writing a letter.

29 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

He tried to call LL Cool J a "boy" (racist insult) but in true Biden fashion couldn't even get his name right.:laugh:

And yes, a white adult male calling a black adult male 'boy' is racist, unless you know betterthan MLK on the subject. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2018/11/02/417513631/when-boys-cant-be-boys

image.png.9fd88a42c86528386f8b4e6ced2e3270.png

Still grasping at straws....

That's what he said. It doesn't look like he was trying to insult him.

“Two of the great artists of our time representing the groundbreaking legacy of hip hop in America, LL Jay Cool J, uhhh … ” said Biden as the audience began to laugh. “By the way, that boy’s got— that man’s got biceps bigger than my thighs,” he added.

https://www.vibe.com/news/entertainment/president-biden-ll-cool-j-name-boy-black-caucus-1234793801/

Edited by candide

23 hours ago, candide said:

"trump was right about her she will regret it when he is next potus".

How do you think Trump will retaliate if he becomes President?

He won't invite her to Mar a Lago.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There is no lawsuit, just a letter from her lawyers and a letter is just a letter.  If they/she were in a good position to sue him, they'd be doing that, not writing a letter.

That was an FAFO threat.

Fool around n' find out.

Doesn't look good on her. Her lawyers are basically saying "we can ruin your life if you don't comply and we won't even break a sweat."

And 99% of us wouldn't have the resources to argue with them. Even the pre-trial paperwork would bankrupt us.

Fortunately,  he has some backing. So she's not intimidating Joe Lunchpail.

I wonder how closely related her recent sale of her jet is to the publicity this guy gave to her carbon footprint. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yes, aggression to the opponents, not your 65 year old coach who is half your size. Nice attempt to try and justify bullying/manhandling an OAP though.

We can only hope that the coach gets to see your comment. I'm sure that he will be greatly moved about your concern for his welfare.

Yes he must have quite the temper to do such a thing in the spur of the moment in front of millions. 

Let's hope that justice prevails and the US authorities throw the book at this heinous individual.

Far fetched speculative nonsense.

Deliberate exaggeration ridiculing an absurd comment* which, incidentally, has nothing to do with the topic.

* as is this post

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/13/2024 at 2:09 PM, stevenl said:

Thanks for showing your ignorance on Taylor Swift.

Why should he know anything about her? It's not like she's anyone important.

I only knew about her because I liked a song she sang on a movie I watched, so I looked her up, but otherwise I'd still be blissfully unaware of her.

I bought a dvd of one of her shows for $1 at an op shop, which was OK but nothing special, though she badly needs a new choreographer as it was dire, IMO.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I only knew about her because I liked a song she sang on a movie I watched, so I looked her up, but otherwise I'd still be blissfully unaware of her.

I bought a dvd of one of her shows for $1 at an op shop, which was OK but nothing special, though she badly needs a new choreographer as it was dire, IMO.

It's mainly beige drivel, country pop aimed at angsty teenage girls who have just broken up with their boyfriend. Pretty much every song I've heard follows the same theme. 

She seems popular amongst Liberals though, and given the content of her songs will probably provide them with some comfort after the elections in November :laugh:

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's mainly beige drivel, country pop aimed at angsty teenage girls who have just broken up with their boyfriend. Pretty much every song I've heard follows the same theme. 

She seems popular amongst Liberals though, and given the content of her songs will probably provide them with some comfort after the elections in November :laugh:

She does have some songs worth listening to. I like "you belong to me" in the VDO of which the frumpy girl living next to the dishy boy she lusts after, but who ignores her ( preferring the pretty girl who likes being a girl ), finally wins the guys heart when she reveals that she is actually Taylor Swift pretending to be frumpy.

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You realize your claims have been debunked already in the other thread about her? But never mind, what are facts when you have an opinion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You realize your claims have been debunked already in the other thread about her? But never mind, what are facts when you have an opinion.

Oh look - I think we've found what is referred to as a "Swiftie" :laugh:

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

If, as you claim, she's aiming at angsty teen age girls, she's missing her target:

More Than Half Of U.S. Adults Say They’re Taylor Swift Fans, Survey Finds

Some 45% of avid fans are millennials, people between the ages of 27 and 42, while 23% are baby boomers, 21% are Gen Xers and just 11% are members of Gen Z—those 26 and under.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisadellatto/2023/03/14/more-than-half-of-us-adults-say-theyre-taylor-swift-fans-survey-finds/?sh=110354146877

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

If, as you claim, she's aiming at angsty teen age girls, she's missing her target:

More Than Half Of U.S. Adults Say They’re Taylor Swift Fans, Survey Finds

Some 45% of avid fans are millennials, people between the ages of 27 and 42, while 23% are baby boomers, 21% are Gen Xers and just 11% are members of Gen Z—those 26 and under.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisadellatto/2023/03/14/more-than-half-of-us-adults-say-theyre-taylor-swift-fans-survey-finds/?sh=110354146877

That poll must be of concern to Conservatives seeing that - according to some - there may being a correlation between being a Taylor Swift fan and being a Liberal😉

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yet Trump thinks she's important enough to justify Taylor Swift being the target of a flow of his logorrhea! 😁

Edited by candide

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Irrelevant.

The fact remains that manhandling a 65 year old half your size and screaming in his face because he had the temerity to leave him out of a play is deplorable behaviour no matter how you might try to play it down. Reid's face says it all. As does Kelce's.

Shades of OJ with this one. Quite possibly roid rage and unresolved anger issues. 

image.png.4af932068709f9662f994bc0e4b38a1d.png

4 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

As Jerry's embedded link shows, Coach Reed seems less concerned about Kelce's behaviour towards him than you are.

"Shades of OJ"? Really? Maybe you should warn Ms. Swift!!

I wonder if you would be as vocal about the behaviour of the partner of a Trump supporting celebrity if the case arose?

8 minutes ago, RayC said:

As Jerry's embedded link shows, Coach Reed seems less concerned about Kelce's behaviour towards him than you are.

"Shades of OJ"? Really? Maybe you should warn Ms. Swift!!

I wonder if you would be as vocal about the behaviour of the partner of a Trump supporting celebrity if the case arose?

Coach Reed is clearly trying to protect his star player. Although he did state that Kelce had taken a cheap shot and tried to pass it off as humour. He clearly has a lot more class than Kelce. 

Using your logic if a man beat his wife and the wife told the police not to worry about it because "it's normal, he's passionate" you'd be fine with that? :whistling:

Coach Reed is clearly trying to protect his star player. Although he did state that Kelce had taken a cheap shot and tried to pass it off as humour. He clearly has a lot more class than Kelce. 

So as the saying goes, "Move on. Nothing to see here" despite your best efforts to the contrary.

Using your logic if a man beat his wife and the wife told the police not to worry about it because "it's normal, he's passionate" you'd be fine with that? :whistling:

What any of your posts about Kelce's behaviour, domestic violence, etc have to do with the topic of this thread is anyone's guess, but to avoid you accusing me of evasion, here goes with a response.

No I'm not fine with that and you are not using my logic.

Domestic abuse is a crime (in the UK) which - like any other crime - the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) will pursue if they think that they have a reasonable chance of securing a conviction. In your example, the only detail is that the wife does not want to support a prosecution. I would suggest that it would therefore be difficult for the CPS to secure a conviction and the likelihood is that the matter would not be brought before a court. Do I find that morally acceptable? No. Do I think that a pragmatic decision given the circumstances? Yes. 

24 minutes ago, RayC said:

So as the saying goes, "Move on. Nothing to see here" despite your best efforts to the contrary.

What any of your posts about Kelce's behaviour, domestic violence, etc have to do with the topic of this thread is anyone's guess, but to avoid you accusing me of evasion, here goes with a response.

No I'm not fine with that and you are not using my logic.

Domestic abuse is a crime (in the UK) which - like any other crime - the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) will pursue if they think that they have a reasonable chance of securing a conviction. In your example, the only detail is that the wife does not want to support a prosecution. I would suggest that it would therefore be difficult for the CPS to secure a conviction and the likelihood is that the matter would not be brought before a court. Do I find that morally acceptable? No. Do I think that a pragmatic decision given the circumstances? Yes. 

Assault is also a crime.

https://vindicatelaw.com/assault-vs-battery-are-they-the-same-or-different-crimes/

image.png.cc0f1cb1c38901db72e7057b13aa8ad3.png

• Haha 1