Taylor Swift threatens to sue student who tracks her private jet

Social Media

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Taylor Swift Lawsuit Threat Has a Problem

Updated Feb 09, 2024 at 11:52 AM EST

But Swift's legal team has one issue, according to Frank Salzano, managing partner of Salzano Ettinger Lampert & Wilson, LLP, a boutique entertainment and sports law firm based in Manhattan.

"This matter raises novel legal issues due to the fact that the college student is technically not violating any of Swift's privacy rights since the data is publicly available and is simply being posted on social media by the student," he told Newsweek in a statement.

"However, it is important to note that the laws and legal precedent typically lag technological advances in society. As the law needs to play catch up, accordingly, it is possible that laws may get implemented in the future making the student's conduct illegal, but I see no viable legal theory currently that would entitle Swift to any redress."

Newsweek contacted Swift's publicist via email for comment Friday.

https://www.newsweek.com/taylor-swift-lawsuit-threat-problem-1868548

Nice to see a rich person finding out they are not as special as they thought they are.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Swift is concerned for her safety she can take a commercial airline like all us common folk do.

isn't a bit early to be drinking? How would that increase her safety 

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of all the things in the world for me to be concerned about, the complaints from a very rich person that they feel unsafe

It seems to you feel concerned enough to participate in this thread. 

At what level of wealth do people lose their right to complain about their safety?  

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

complaints from a very rich person that they feel unsafe using their polluting private transport

Do you give up you safety expectations when in a polluting vehicle?

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BANNED .

Why are you shouting? are you hard of hearing?

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd be happy if ALL private jets were BANNED as a threat to the world's environment.

Let's ban all private cars while buying all our stuff from Lazada, which gets delivered in a diesel pickup.🤔

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

It seems to you feel concerned enough to participate in this thread. 

At what level of wealth do people lose their right to complain about their safety?  

Only to mock a rich person that uses a private jet, despite all the attention being paid to man made climate change. Seems rich people don't think they need to do anything that all the peasants have to to stop the world ending.

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Let's ban all private cars while buying all our stuff from Lazada, which gets delivered in a diesel pickup.🤔

I've said on more than one occasion on this forum that all private cars should be banned in cities.

I think more people require goods brought on trucks than a few rich people that want to fly around on private planes.

If they banned all private planes ( a good thing IMO ) it would make NO difference to almost every person on the planet.

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've said on more than one occasion on this forum that all private cars should be banned in cities.

I think more people require goods brought on trucks than a few rich people that want to fly around on private planes.

If they banned all private planes ( a good thing IMO ) it would make NO difference to almost every person on the planet.

Would it be OK to have a private train, a private boat or a private bus. I think it is rich people you are jealous of. Many work long hours (ie. hard) to get where they are. So why shouldn't they be able to maximise their time by being able to board and take off whenever they please?

It is a nice feeling , as I have done it, to see your pilot ( company King Air) sitting reading a newspaper at the airport and asking what time are we leaving and being told whenever you are ready.

The amount of pollution created by private jets is probably nothing when compared to commercial aviation. So it is the poor recreational passengers who should be banned.  

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Agree 1

Commercial airlines do not want Taylor Swift flying commercial. The operational issues, security issues, and undue strain on flight crews would be overwhelming.

I think televangelist Kenneth Copeland has the best reason to NOT fly commercially...and to get his "parishioners" to pay for a private jet.

Televangelist Kenneth Copeland: Commercial jets are full of "demons"

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/TV-evangelist-Kenneth-Copeland--510809861.html

Is it OK to have real-time tracking of Donald Trump's plane?

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Would it be OK to have a private train, a private boat or a private bus. I think it is rich people you are jealous of. Many work long hours (ie. hard) to get where they are. So why shouldn't they be able to maximise their time by being able to board and take off whenever they please?

It is a nice feeling , as I have done it, to see your pilot ( company King Air) sitting reading a newspaper at the airport and asking what time are we leaving and being told whenever you are ready.

The amount of pollution created by private jets is probably nothing when compared to commercial aviation. So it is the poor recreational passengers who should be banned.  

Ah, so your contention is that as long as it doesn't cause much pollution the people doing it can carry on doing so.

If that is correct please advise the government of NZ that it's not necessary to do anything about rising temperatures because NZ's 5 million people don't cause as much pollution as many cities around the planet.

BTW, I have also advocated that to combat rising world temperatures all domestic air travel and all recreational international air travel be banned.

Aircraft cause a lot of pollution in the upper reaches of the atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that is correct please advise the government of NZ that it's not necessary to do anything about rising temperatures because NZ's 5 million people don't cause as much pollution as many cities around the planet.

Probably OK. But they could make it voluntary.

The thing with environmentalism is the feeling that L. Ron Hubbard missed the mark. 

55 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only to mock a rich person that uses a private jet, despite all the attention being paid to man made climate change. Seems rich people don't think they need to do anything that all the peasants have to to stop the world ending.

Actually she is one of the very few people that have a legitimate need for one 

• Like 1

https://bnnbreaking.com/world/taylor-swifts-private-jet-sale-highlights-environmental-impact-of-private-aviation

I wonder if she's fearing a Bud Light moment.

With Taylor Swift's jet emission estimates being 1,184 times the average person's total annual emissions, the environmental concerns are hard to ignore.

The jet, now registered to Triangle Real Estate LLC in Missouri, was reported to have emitted 8,300 tonnes of carbon in 2022, according to Yard, a sustainability marketing firm.

Edited by impulse

1 minute ago, bamnutsak said:

Is Ted Nugent going to assault Ms. Swift with a machine gun?

Probably not.

Prepare for the Bud Light Genie.

Fans are fickle.  Even Bud Light drinkers and Swifties.

Ted Nugent would be the least of her worries.

'Swiftonomics' to yield ¥34.1 billion economic boost for Japan

The “Swiftonomics” effect — or the economic impact of Taylor Swift — on Japan from her four days of shows in Tokyo that kicked off Wednesday is estimated to reach around ¥34.1 billion ($230 million), according to a report compiled by the Economic Impact Research Laboratory.

Tickets are sold out for some 220,000 seats for the 34-year-old Grammy award-winning international pop star's Asia run of The Eras Tour at the Tokyo Dome through Saturday.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/business/2024/02/08/economy/taylor-swift-economic-impact-swiftonomics/

Thank goodness she has the option to fly privately in order to bring joy to hundreds of thousands of fans, in Japan.

49 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

And just to note that first real flying celebrity was the late Mr. Arnold Palmer, who bought (and often flew as pilot) an Aero Commander 500 propeller job in 1961 and his first jet a Rockwell Jet Commander in 1966.

https://www.arnoldpalmer.com/aviation

Guess you never heard of Howard Hughes ... :coffee1:

Had a pilot's license before Palmer was even born.

Edited by KhunLA

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Guess you never heard of Howard Hughes ... :coffee1:

Had a pilot's license before Palmer was even born.

Right never heard of him other than the spruce goose and having the first hydraulic retractable landing gear. But I wouldn't necessarily call him a 'celebrity' a la Frank Sinatra or Oprah Winfrey.

And you can always say: Well what about Eddie Rickenbacker?

Edited by jerrymahoney

22 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

'Swiftonomics' to yield ¥34.1 billion economic boost for Japan

The “Swiftonomics” effect — or the economic impact of Taylor Swift — on Japan from her four days of shows in Tokyo that kicked off Wednesday is estimated to reach around ¥34.1 billion ($230 million), according to a report compiled by the Economic Impact Research Laboratory.

Tickets are sold out for some 220,000 seats for the 34-year-old Grammy award-winning international pop star's Asia run of The Eras Tour at the Tokyo Dome through Saturday.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/business/2024/02/08/economy/taylor-swift-economic-impact-swiftonomics/

Thank goodness she has the option to fly privately in order to bring joy to hundreds of thousands of fans, in Japan.

She also has the option of flying commercial. Not every rich person feels obliged to own a massively polluting machine just to get around.

She could be providing some celebrity support for not polluting the atmosphere, rather than actively polluting the planet.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She also has the option of flying commercial. Not every rich person feels obliged to own a massively polluting machine just to get around.

She could be providing some celebrity support for not polluting the atmosphere, rather than actively polluting the planet.

do as i say, not as i do.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Interestingly, those who do NOT believe in the negative effects we have on the climate are the most worked up about Taylor Swift's carbon footprint.

Huh?

I'm not really worked up about it as to my knowledge she doesn't go around being Chicken Little, but I do believe that whether we believe in man made climate change or not, there is no doubt that pollution from any source is a bad thing for everyone, and producing massive amounts of pollution to get just one person from a to b is NOT a good idea, regardless of who it is.

I assume she has a large contingent that also need to travel to shows with her, so rather than ( I assume ) letting them all fly cattle class commercial, she could charter a larger plane to take everyone, including herself, but perhaps she is too special to travel with the peasants workers.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

:w00t:

Howard Hughes was worth an estimated $2.5 billion at the time of his death. Adjusted for inflation, his net worth would be approximately $11 billion today.

https://zacjohnson.com/howard-hughes-at-death-net-worth

So compared to Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, or Bill Gates, Hughes was a piker.

But I would consider those 3 above to be famous; not 'performing' celebrities

5 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

"The Football Era" has landed. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/vjt993#33f1c5ed

There was a back-up aircraft in place, called The Backup Quarterback.

The flight plan graphic has Los Angeles as destination. I read where the landing slots at Las Vegas are booked solid -- maybe even for her.

Edited by jerrymahoney

41 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

The flight plan graphic has Los Angeles as destination. I read where the landing slots at Las Vegas are booked solid -- maybe even for her.

I'm kinda waiting for the celebrity jet flying somewhere in the area to declare an emergency to land at LAS. 

It'll be okay, though.  Because the owner is special...

• Thumbs Up 1