RSS feed downgraded

BigStar

Until a few days ago, the feed

https://forum.thaivisa.com/rss/

https://aseannow.com/rss/

hit the major forums and yielded a list from them all.

Now, the downgrade: there are just individual feeds from the News forums only. Each one would have to be subscribed to.

Very annoying change and much less useful. Not gonna subscribed to a couple of news forums only. How about upgrade to what you had before?

6 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Until a few days ago, the feed

https://forum.thaivisa.com/rss/

https://aseannow.com/rss/

hit the major forums and yielded a list from them all.

Now, the downgrade: there are just individual feeds from the News forums only. Each one would have to be subscribed to.

Very annoying change and much less useful. Not gonna subscribed to a couple of news forums only. How about upgrade to what you had before?

Hi,

These are old url's that is not in use anymore. What type of feed to you exactly looking for and I can create a feed for you, Which content/subforums do you want included in your rss?

Cheers

16 hours ago, george said:

Hi,

These are old url's that is not in use anymore. What type of feed to you exactly looking for and I can create a feed for you, Which content/subforums do you want included in your rss?

Cheers

Just the usual type of feed, though topic titles w/ no content would be fine. My reader is set to display only titles. I scan the updated list of maybe 70 and click on any of interest to open in a new tab in my browser. That is, I don't use the reader to read any content. This is the only practicable FAST way I know of to get a comprehensive view of pretty much all the news.  I click on a lot of links in the feed I'd never see otherwise.

For example, a selection:

image.png.695824359ac058614a0b1a29826477f7.png

I don't know which forums were included in the feed before the downgrade. However, these would probably do for just me:

Thailand News

Pattaya

Pattaya News

Bangkok

Health and Medicine

IT and Computers

Thai Visas etc

Farang Pub

General

Thanks!

Edited by BigStar
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@george

Please don't forget to bring back/recreate this feed. My interaction with this forum is far lower quality without it. That feed gives instant updates on every page that I can drop in on. Thanks.

Just now, Gaccha said:

@george

Please don't forget to bring back/recreate this feed. My interaction with this forum is far lower quality without it. That feed gives instant updates on every page that I can drop in on. Thanks.

+1. Wonder what the problem is. The old code worked fine, just a matter of dropping it back in. Appears to be a misguided marketing decision they're too proud to reverse.

9 minutes ago, BigStar said:

The old code worked fine, just a matter of dropping it back in.

Totally agree. My engagement with the site is down 90%, although I imagine most people don't arrive via the RSS feed, so it's a very low priority for them. 

On 4/12/2024 at 9:31 AM, BigStar said:

+1. Wonder what the problem is. The old code worked fine, just a matter of dropping it back in. Appears to be a misguided marketing decision they're too proud to reverse.

They are clearly kind of the worst if it comes to technical stuff, I mean just think back a while when the site was down for days, to do a simple migration lol, that should be with no downtime at all, max 5-10 minutes, for a DNS change with TTL on 5 minutes.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:47 PM, george said:

Hi,

Cheers

Been a couple of months now. Is this difficult, George?

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Been a couple of months now. Is this difficult, George?

For the moment it’s difficult as this requires an upgrade plus a special plugin to the forum software. Within a few weeks it will be possible to enable RSS feeds again.

• Thanks 1