30 day visa extension

We are renting a condo for 3 months, the owner is in Sweden so no TM30. We can produce a Property Rental Agreement and the person who looks after the property in their absence will sign as their agent. We will have to apply for a 30 day extension early March as our return flight is booked for 31st March. We will be applying at the Blueport IO in Hua Hin. Is there likely to be any issues? Would prefer not to have to go through the hassle of a border run.

13 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You can book into a hotel and get a TM30 from them 

Yes easy way to get the TM30 at Hua Hin but now they are just asking to see your room key! Mine was in my room last time but they took a post card I had from hotel and someone else there approved that. I had my hotel receipt and also a list I was on with other foreigners in the hotel ( these things the hotel gave me) but they didn't ask for anything else. I still don't think I have ever been given a copy of my TM30 in Thailand ever. Even though I mention it.  I have never seen a copy posted on this forum that was not a copy that someone did on line only. For some reason a " screen shot" picture or a copy ( picture) of a TM30 from a hotel that is required by some IO offices has never been shown on this forum but constantly discussed. Anyone have a real hotel TM30 copy that can be posted?

On 2/8/2024 at 5:51 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

You can book into a hotel and get a TM30 from them 

Both times I've tried to get a TM30 from a hotel, the hotel refused to give it to me and repeatedly tried to tell me that it was not necessary to extend my permission to stay because they mistakenly thought immigration could actually access it themselves in their own database.

In late December when we extended, if you were staying in a condo, BluePort required a TM30 copy.  If you were staying in a hotel, they accepted a copy of your hotel booking, and they wanted to see your room key card.

You could potentially book a night or two in a hotel the day you extend.  That's what we did.

I had a mate stay in Hua Hin in Nov last year. I talked him through a TM30 and he got a copy from his hotel because I said he must have it.

Hua Hin immigration didn't want the TM30 copy, said it was on computer. Gave him a 30 day extension without it.