British Man Arrested For Allegedly Exchanging Counterfeit Money in Phuket

webfact

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Not treating them much different than Thais. If he keep to himself and lay low, he will just be fine.

You speak from experience? Are you certain about this? It seems unlikely that he would be treated the same, especially if he does not speak fluent Thai. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You speak from experience? Are you certain about this? It seems unlikely that he would be treated the same, especially if he does not speak fluent Thai. 

Yes, I speak from experience. How long and for what, is irrelevant. The smaller he can speak and engage with the Thai prisoners the more left alone he will be, as long as he follow the prison rules and show common respect for other inmates. I could speak Thai also at that time, now 20 years ago, and that made it easier for me, but also getting more demands from Thai prisoners as they saw it as I could understand both the language and the system.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Not very good I am told 

In general, they treat them like Thais, which means it's hell on earth. Not personal experience, know someone who was in the BKK Hilton for a couple of years. It's very tough. 

Well well what a shock a British man trying to pass counterfeit money gosh I am so surprised. What will his mother think when she gets told? I know “my boy is a good boy he would never do that!!!!!! Sadly all to common and no repercussions for criminal activity in UK, He’s going to have a shock from Thai response 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I have noticed a lot more of my younger countrymen venturing to Thailand over the last year or so with the usual clobber on with man bags strapped to them…..can’t think why 😂 

If it's strapped over the left shoulder it's a virtue signaling that they are available for sex so I've been told...I've no idea if that's true or false.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:
8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Wonder how they treat foreigners in Thai prisons? Fun times ahead. 

Not very good I am told 

Unless you like having your butt hole used as the prison jizz repository

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

Unless you like having your butt hole used as the prison jizz repository

Glad you enjoyed your time in prison. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Used to be North Korea doing that.

Many years ago I went to Amsterdam for the weekend when I got there my mate asked me if I had dollars with me, I didnt have any but he said all the exchanges are not accepting $$$$, he reckoned it was the Libyans flooding the market with fake notes,  

2 hours ago, johnbarpic said:

Well well what a shock a British man trying to pass counterfeit money gosh I am so surprised. What will his mother think when she gets told? I know “my boy is a good boy he would never do that!!!!!! Sadly all to common and no repercussions for criminal activity in UK, He’s going to have a shock from Thai response 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

A GoFundMe is in the offing.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I have noticed a lot more of my younger countrymen venturing to Thailand over the last year or so with the usual clobber on with man bags strapped to them…..can’t think why 😂 

Always thought that younger Westerners in Pattaya look out of place, they're more suited to Spain and Greece....maybe they're too much stuck up their own arse and are afraid of being knocked back by Western straightgoer birds in said European party places......leave partying in Pattaya to us oldies please👴🏻👴🏻👴🏻

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ty Hareways said:

Always thought that younger Westerners in Pattaya look out of place, they're more suited to Spain and Greece....maybe they're too much stuck up their own arse and are afraid of being knocked back by Western straightgoer birds in said European party places......leave partying in Pattaya to us oldies please👴🏻👴🏻👴🏻

Most of the young farangs come here for vacation. They spend their money partying and sexing thai girls for bargains then fly back to their country

The fact is the average Thailand tourist is becoming younger especially with all these vloggers around

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Many years ago I went to Amsterdam for the weekend when I got there my mate asked me if I had dollars with me, I didnt have any but he said all the exchanges are not accepting $$$$, he reckoned it was the Libyans flooding the market with fake notes,  

Does your mate know where this  guys fake notes came from ?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, roo860 said:

As I've never changed Euros what's the procedure at exchange booths to check for forgeries? I personally wouldn't have a clue if someone gave me Euros if they were fake or not.

They normally put them through the machine, but in their job you know a fake euro if you look properly, there’s always something. 

I would like to know if the 5400 real uros were separated neatky from the fake ones. 

Looks more guilty then.   He stayed with the other brit in a condo?   

Perhaps that crypto coin is basically worthless or so iliquid  so he  had to accept a bad exchange rate.  

But why did he need to much baht?  

I bet he has been having some fun. 

• Confused 2

I don't know exactly what the legal penalties are in Thailand for possession of fake euros but in the European Union the penalties are minimal for criminals although we are not talking about of European citizen but for British national after Brexit.....of Europe. If I have on my pocession dollar or Thaibaht it doesnt mean that I am American or Thailander......
The courts in E.U States "criminal paradise" do not punish offenders with high penalties because these cases are prosecuted as a forger of a work of art and not currensy......I explain the legal process.......in Courts!