Israeli Soldier Videos from Gaza Raise International Law Concerns

Social Media

35 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Bet I experienced more real war situations than you did. Literally escaped a civil war in my country while being prepped for the service at the age of 19

I really hate those muzzie terrorists or anyone that spreads violence and hatred. those 28k deaths are no big loss for humanity.

I think the only war you have ever faced was one in the classroom. Educate yourself rather than spouting nonsense, racist drivel.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Well then, I suggest that you follow your own advice and wait for the IDF to produce some evidence for:

UNRWA allegations - not a single shred of evidence has been produced to back up these claims

Systemic rape claims - not a single shred of evidence has been produced to back up the claims of systemic rape

9000 Hamas fighters killed - not a single shred of evidence has been produced to back up this claim.

Think for yourself. How could the IDF's numbers possibly be true? It doesn't add up.

Your in the wrong topic. Weak deflection from a member who calls the prisoners that IDF has hostages.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your in the wrong topic. Weak deflection from a member who calls the prisoners that IDF has hostages.

Dude, IDF soldiers literally took American citizens in the middle of the night, while they were sleeping in their beds. The IDF has tons of hostages, and has been ramping them up since the war started so they have some hostages to trade with Hamas. 

Think about that for just a moment. How the hell is the IDF doing this? This is Palestinian territory, IDF are NOT supposed to be there. They should NOT be operating in a territory that is not theirs.

Plus, it is an American citizen. Not a good idea to be locking up your allies citizens in indefinite administrative detention. Using administrative detention indefinitely adds up to taking hostages. The people are not charged with any crimes, they have no access to lawyers etc.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Administrative detention is  the incarceration of people who have not been convicted of – or even charged with –  a crime. Israel uses this extreme power continuously and extensively, detaining hundreds of Palestinians on a regular basis. According to figures published by the Israel Prison Service, in March 2023, Israel was holding 1,017 people in administrative detention, all but 15 of them Palestinians. Ten of the detainees are minors between the ages of 16 and 18. This is the highest number of administrative detainees since April 2003, when Israel held 1,140 administrative detainees. Of the 1,017 administrative detainees (as of March 2023), 366 had been incarcerated for less than three months, 550 had been incarcerated for three months to a year, 98 for a period of between one and two years and three had been incarcerated for over two years. 

https://www.btselem.org/administrative_detention/20230604_israel_breaks_20_year_record_holds_1002_palestinians_in_administrative_detention_in_march_2023

And? What's that got to do with the  above calling IDF prisoners hostages? 

Did you note the ICJ ruling for Hamas to release the hostages immediately and with no pre conditions?

Did you note the EU Security Counsel Resolution ruling for Hamas to release the hostages immediately and with no pre conditions?

What hostages were missing from above? None

• Like 2

Just now, Brickleberry said:

You completely glossed over the fact that the IDF should not be taking people out of their beds in the middle of the night in the West Bank. They have NO business being there, it is not their territory. 

Why are Hamas terrorist's in the West Bank?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why are Hamas terrorist's in the West Bank?

Erm.... what are you on about? The IDF should not be in the West Bank, taking people out of their beds in the middle of the night.

They have NO business being there. It is a violation of Palestinian territory.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

And? What's that got to do with the troll above calling IDF prisoners hostages? 

Did you note the ICJ ruling for Hamas to release the hostages immediately and with no pre conditions?

Did you note the EU Security Counsel Resolution ruling for Hamas to release the hostages immediately and with no pre conditions?

What hostages were missing from above? None

So the IDF have prisoners and Hamas has hostages, got it.

I'm sure as soon as Israel ceases bombing ,shelling and sniping in Gaza Hamas might consider releasing their prisoners/hostages. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

Erm.... what are you on about? The IDF should not be in the West Bank, taking people out of their beds in the middle of the night.

They have NO business being there. It is a violation of Palestinian territory.

You know this topic is not about the West Bank right?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I'm sure as soon as Israel ceases bombing ,shelling and sniping in Gaza Hamas might consider releasing their prisoners/hostages. 

Yes you got it I won't go further to describe the massive differences because I am sure your intelligent enough to know

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes you got it I won't go further to describe the massive differences because I am sure your intelligent enough to know

I am, yes, not so sure about the author.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I do not accept that Israel has killed 9000 Hamas militants.

Good, I don't accept only 9,000 killed either:

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said that after additional gains by the IDF in Khan Yunis, 10,000 Hamas fighters have been killed and 10,000 wounded.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-784787

More the merrier.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You know this topic is not about the West Bank right?

You know that's what Israeli right wing Zionists want you to think right?

Manchester is not London, but they are both part of England. West Bank is not Gaza, but they are both parts of a future Palestinian state - which the entire international community and several UN & ICJ resolutions and laws have noted that they are currently BOTH occupied territories (We're not even including parts of Jerusalem that Israel is illegally occupying).

Until Israel starts to abide by its obligations under international law, Hamas has a right to resist its occupiers. Israel is an occupier and it should be forced out of the West Bank and all other occupied territories. If you want the hostages back so badly, follow the law and leave the occupied territories.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

A six-year-old girl who went missing in Gaza City last month has been found dead, along with several of her relatives and two paramedics who tried to save her.

Hind Rajab was fleeing the city with her aunt, uncle and three cousins when the car they were travelling in appears to have come face to face with Israeli tanks, and come under fire.

Audio recordings of calls between Hind and emergency call operators suggest that the six-year-old was the only one left alive in the car, hiding from Israeli forces among the bodies of her relatives.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68261286

These are the actions of the most moral army in the world? Give us all a break.

Stop this madness, set up two states on the original border plan and finally have some peace.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

And? What do you mean 'and?' You said the figures from Hamas cannot be trusted. I have proven otherwise. Your buddy 'Morch' agrees too.

@Brickleberry

I did not 'agree' with you.

You have not 'proven' anything, and your concept of 'proof' is suspect anyway.

Don't decide who my 'buddies' are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

Well then, I suggest that you follow your own advice and wait for the IDF to produce some evidence for:

UNRWA allegations - not a single shred of evidence has been produced to back up these claims

Systemic rape claims - not a single shred of evidence has been produced to back up the claims of systemic rape

9000 Hamas fighters killed - not a single shred of evidence has been produced to back up this claim.

Think for yourself. How could the IDF's numbers possibly be true? It doesn't add up.

@Brickleberry

I'd suggest you'd cease with the vile denials, but guess it's pointless.

You claiming 'no evidence' doesn't mean there's no evidence.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Manchester is not London, but they are both part of England. West Bank is not Gaza, but they are both parts of a future Palestinian state - which the entire international community and several UN & ICJ resolutions and laws have noted that they are currently BOTH occupied territories (We're not even including parts of Jerusalem that Israel is illegally occupying).

Until Israel starts to abide by its obligations under international law, Hamas has a right to resist its occupiers. Israel is an occupier and it should be forced out of the West Bank and all other occupied territories. If you want the hostages back so badly, follow the law and leave the occupied territories.

Its still about Gaza. Read it

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

He can't even answer about the IDF being in the West Bank. He knows they aren't supposed to be there, and they have no business being there. It is illegal and immoral what the IDF does to Palestinians in the occupied territories.

There is a difference between choosing not to awnser and being unable to. I will leave you to take your pick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Guess you missed the part where Hamas broke the previous hostage release agreement.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Of course you can prove they are Hamas terrorists or just Palestinians waiting to be picked up at random, without any legal rights of reply.

Of course you can make allegations without supporting them, then imply others need to support the rebuttal.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

@Brickleberry

This topic is not about the future Palestinian State. Or the West Bank.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Of course you can make allegations without supporting them, then imply others need to support the rebuttal.

Previously posted in this thread, added the link in case you missed it, and it's from March 2023, many more added since I suspect.

https://www.btselem.org/administrative_detention/20230604_israel_breaks_20_year_record_holds_1002_palestinians_in_administrative_detention_in_march_2023

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

He can't even answer about the IDF being in the West Bank. He knows they aren't supposed to be there, and they have no business being there. It is illegal and immoral what the IDF does to Palestinians in the occupied territories.

You can't even stay on topic despite the West Bank not having much to do with the OP.

23 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68261286

These are the actions of the most moral army in the world? Give us all a break.

Stop this madness, set up two states on the original border plan and finally have some peace.

@Brickleberry

Other than you going for a complete topic hijack, how is this related to the OP?

• Thanks 1