Israeli Soldier Videos from Gaza Raise International Law Concerns

Social Media

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

You can attempt to deflect by saying "Gaza is not West Bank, there have been no IDF troops or settlers since 2005" but that fails for two reasons.

1) The international community has said that Gaza is occupied by Israel. Fact. 

That isn't  a fact at all , some groups considered Gaza to be occupied , those groups include UNRWA

32 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Egypt is going to suspend the peace treaty is has with Israel, if they go in to Rafah. The world has had enough. The world can see what is going on.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-02-10-2024-2d80dc890a5030757e2ae76684fa75da

@Brickleberry

Doesn't actually say quite that on the link provided.

10 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

You can attempt to deflect by saying "Gaza is not West Bank, there have been no IDF troops or settlers since 2005" but that fails for two reasons.

1) The international community has said that Gaza is occupied by Israel. Fact. 

2) Palestinian lands. Palestinian lands that Israel is occupying, and has been since 1967. Gaza is not some separate entity with different people. West Bank is not a separate entity with different people, East Jerusalem is not a separate entity with different people.

You cannot separate the different parts of Palestinian lands and say "well, we're only occupying some of it, we aren't occupying that part - so these people here have no reason to fight against us." Seriously, who thinks like that? If the French invaded London and started building settlements, I'm sure people in other UK cities would have something to say about it, and would fight back. Would they be terrorists? To the French, yes. To the British, they would be freedom fighters. 

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/menasource/gaza-israel-occupied-international-law/

@Brickleberry

You can deflect all you like, but there weren't IDF troops in the Gaza Strip (or bombings) on 6/10.

Just now, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

Hamas did not offer peace. Hamas's agenda (as appearing in their Charter) is about a Palestinian State replacing Israel.

The Palestinians (assuming you mean the PA) cannot deliver (see the first line) and not all members of the Arab League are on board either (never mind other players like Iran).

Mind, both the PA and them Arab countries took decades to come to that positions - something you gloss over again and agian.

It is not 'difficult' in your imagination, perhaps- but then you possibly believe the rest of the nonsense  in your post as well.

Yes, it took a long time for them to come to terms with it. 1947/48 was dreadful - Israeli soldiers raping, murdering, poisoning and destroying their lives and villages. 1967 onward - occupation of all Palestinian lands, gradually building more and more settlements, arrests, murdering, stealing land... they are not going to forget that any time soon, so it is amazing that they have all agreed to finally come around and bring an end to this madness. Only Israel is refusing to do so. 

All members of the Arab league are on board. If Israel abides by international law and retreats to 1948 border plan.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

You can deflect all you like, but there weren't IDF troops in the Gaza Strip (or bombings) on 6/10.

So you ignore international law, and just believe what you think to be true.

That is not how the world works. You are part of the problem. Obey the law, and you will see results.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Yes, I know .

Don't you know the difference between what you wrote and what has been reported ?

Can you tell the difference between these two sentences ?

Egypt is going to suspend the peace treaty is has with Israel, if they go in to Rafah."

"The peace treaty between Israel and Egypt in under threat"

Do the above sentences both mean the same thing to you ?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm certainly not going to side with a far right wing government that has brought their country so low, that they are now found to be plausibly committing genocide. Hamas might indeed make genocidal comments about its oppressors, but they are unable to do it. Israel is making the same disgusting comments, has the power to do it, and is actually doing it. 

So again, what was wrong with my statement? Resistance is what I said. Resistance from their oppressors, ergo freedom fighters.

@Brickleberry

There's no obligation to side with any leadership, or side. It's a choice. Not an either/or thing.

I have addressed what's wrong with your post. Read it. Or keep deflecting. Another choice.

Chopped because I forgot to respond to this ridiculous part.

0 evidence of any rape at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. In fact, hostages that have been returned to Israel have spoken about how well they were treated.

Time to start providing links to all this nonsense. Only one hostage has so far talked about being treat ok, the 85 year old that was held for 2 weeks only, all the others have not including:

Freed Israeli women hostages tell of sexual abuse in Hamas captivity

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/middle-east/freed-israeli-women-hostages-tell-of-abuse-in-hamas-captivity

Now provide links to all the other hostages that have stated they have been treated well.

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I'm certainly not going to side with a far right wing government that has brought their country so low, that they are now found to be plausibly committing genocide. Hamas might indeed make genocidal comments about its oppressors, but they are unable to do it. Israel is making the same disgusting comments, has the power to do it, and is actually doing it. 

So again, what was wrong with my statement? Resistance is what I said. Resistance from their oppressors, ergo freedom fighters.

Hamas are not freedom fighters, that's a vile statement but now your out we know where you stand.

Disgusting

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

That is not how the world works. You are part of the problem. Obey the law, and you will see results.

Have you asked your buddies Hamas the freedom fighters who are breaking international law to release the hostages? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Netanyahu's Government is a right wing Government , rather than being "far right" . although some far lefties do call them far right 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes, it took a long time for them to come to terms with it. 1947/48 was dreadful - Israeli soldiers raping, murdering, poisoning and destroying their lives and villages. 1967 onward - occupation of all Palestinian lands, gradually building more and more settlements, arrests, murdering, stealing land... they are not going to forget that any time soon, so it is amazing that they have all agreed to finally come around and bring an end to this madness. Only Israel is refusing to do so. 

All members of the Arab league are on board. If Israel abides by international law and retreats to 1948 border plan.

@Brickleberry

Your one-sided 'historical' narrative is a joke. As if bad things were done by one side only. As if only one side suffered. All you have on offer are such over the top rants.

Them 'Palestinian lands' were effectively occupied (and annexed) by Egypt and Jordan from 1949 to 1967. Not much 'resistance', no 'freedom fighters'. Glossing over that part again.

They could have gone for peace at any time before the illegal settlement effort got to where it is today. They did not. Choices. Consequences. Things which you seem to think the Palestinians are exempt from being accountable for.

And you're mistaken on another score. The lines talked about are not the Partition Plan lines. They are the 1949 ceasefire lines, otherwise known as the 1967 lines (as per before the 1967 war) - with certain amendments.

And, of course, Hamas is not into it, the PA cannot deliver, and somehow think that you should recheck the list of Arab states into it, again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

@Brickleberry

You ignore facts.

It is a fact that there were no IDF troops in the Gaza Strip (or bombings) on 6/10.

I am part of the problem? Coming from a terrorist sympathizer, rape-denier, that's interesting.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Which International laws are being ignored ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Have you asked your buddies Hamas the freedom fighters who are breaking international law to release the hostages? 

They're still waiting for Israel to stop breaking international law, and for Israel to release their hostages. Israel have been breaking international law and taking hostages before Hamas was even 'born'. So lets make sure they do so first eh?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

You ignore facts.

It is a fact that there were no IDF troops in the Gaza Strip (or bombings) on 6/10.

I am part of the problem? Coming from a terrorist sympathizer, rape-denier, that's interesting.

You are ignoring the facts. The international community, and under the law and resolutions passed by the UN: Israel is the occupying power in Gaza.

Get your facts straight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Brickleberry said:

They're still waiting for Israel to stop breaking international law, and for Israel to release their hostages. Israel have been breaking international law and taking hostages before Hamas was even 'born'. So lets make sure they do so first eh?

I expected nothing else from an outed Hamas apologist and rape denier

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Which International laws are being ignored ?

Google it yourself. I shouldn't be the one to do your homework.

https://itisapartheid.org/Documents_pdf_etc/IsraelViolationsInternationalLaw.pdf

The state of Israel has violated many international laws, including United Nations Resolutions and the Laws of War and Occupation as stated in the Fourth Geneva Convention. Below is a summary of some of those violations. Much of the fact sheet was taken from the Israeli Law Resource Center (ILRC). Related articles and laws by the ILRC are linked below.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

You are ignoring the facts. The international community, and under the law and resolutions passed by the UN: Israel is the occupying power in Gaza.

Get your facts straight.

@Brickleberry

I stated a fact.

You keep ignoring it.

Are you on medication, perhaps?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I expected nothing else from an outed Hamas apologist and rape denier

Rape denier? Show me the evidence of rape. Just one person who claimed to have been raped would be sufficient. Oh, there are none.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

@Brickleberry

Other than yourself and Hamas, no one refers to Palestinian held by Israel as hostages.

And the last hostage exchange was broken by Hamas (you're welcome to try that false version tried earlier).

Apparently, you're at home with the concept of Hamas taking hostages....not surprising, considering the rest of your comments.

Just now, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

Other than yourself and Hamas, no one refers to Palestinian held by Israel as hostages.

And the last hostage exchange was broken by Hamas (you're welcome to try that false version tried earlier).

Apparently, you're at home with the concept of Hamas taking hostages....not surprising, considering the rest of your comments.

Several other forum members have said this too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Rape denier? Show me the evidence of rape. Just one person who claimed to have been raped would be sufficient. Oh, there are none.

You do realize that witnesses to rape are evidence in a court of law right? You do realize the autopsies revealed broken pelvises consistent with forced multiple rape. 

Yes you do because its been on the appropriate topics but you chose to deny it. A rape denier and hamas apologist

• Thumbs Up 1

Google it yourself. I shouldn't be the one to do your homework.

https://itisapartheid.org/Documents_pdf_etc/IsraelViolationsInternationalLaw.pdf

I clicked on the link and :

Website blocked due to phishing

Website Blocked: itisapartheid.org

v2.6.21 | Phishing: 2.0.202402111344

Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this page because it may contain malicious activity.

We strongly recommend you do not continue. You may be putting your safety at risk by visiting this site. For more information, visit  Malwarebytes Support.