Amazingly good deal, from 3BB (at least for me, and maybe you)

As you know, here on the Forum, I do my best to be helpful, whenever possible.

So....recently....

I happened upon an amazing deal, from 3BB, one which I could just not turn down.

Also, as you know, I am simply in love with 3BB.

So, here is the New Deal I have subscribed to:

a. I downgraded my service from 1Gbps (both up and down), to 500Mbps (up and down).

b. 3BB gave me an AIS SIM Card for my second phone:

My second phone is the Galaxy S3.  This is the phone I hope to use for another 37 years, until the year 2061, February 10th.

c. By changing to this new plan provided by 3BB, I will save about Bt.100.00 per month, and also be provided with the AIS SIM card, which will give me 20GBytes of Bandwidth per month.  Plus, if I wish to use the second phone to call out using my new AIS SIM card, then I will just pay as I go.

d.  This means that, in toto, Toto, in this Land of Thailand, one which sometimes seems like Kansas to me, I will now have a NOTE4 using Dtac service.  Plus, I will have the same great STABLE  service from 3BB which supplies ethernet connection to my desktop computers, PLUS, I will also have an AIS SIM card for my second phone, which I will use for exercise and language study during my exercise, all at a cost slightly reduced from my original service with 3BB.

e.  In my view, 3BB is WAY ABOVE any service I have ever tried in Thailand.  I doubt that I am wrong.  However, this Topic is not a debate about internet/phone services in Thailand.

NO.

This Topic is just a heads-up to any of you who might not be aware of this unique 3BB plan, and who might like to consider this plan, as an alternative to what you might now be using.

Again....

This is NOT a debate.

Maybe there are better plans out there, ones which can provide the same basic options of the 3BB plan of this type.

One thing though...I still have my DTAC phone service on my Note4.

But, I plan to downgrade this to the bare minimum for calling out, and internet access using the Note4.

I do not go out much.

And, when I go out, I rarely use the Dtac internet on the Note4.

IF you find this Public Service Announcement useful...then....

YOU know what to do....

Just give me a LIKE.

Of course, if you know me, you also know that I could give a rat's-adze about...so-called...LIKES, which I occasionally find to be less than sincere.

Seriously, though....I am SUPER Happy about having found this new 3BB plan.

I only found it by calling 3BB and asking the service operator, who did her very best to help me meet my mobile needs.

Kudos to 3BB...as....I...

Always say.

Best regards,

Gamma

Note:  Just do not say I never gave you nothin'......

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Apart from saying it is 100 baht less expensive there is no indication of what the actual plan is.

You would not do a bait and switch, would you?

No.

You are correct.

I would never cheat you, Mr. L....

And, you yourself know me enough to know that I never would.

So, anyway...just call your 3BB service provider, and ask about this plan.

I don't want to spell it out, too much, here.

Still, why would they not give you, Mr. L., the same plan they gave to me?

40 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

As you know, here on the Forum, I do my best to be helpful, whenever possible.

So....recently....

I happened upon an amazing deal, from 3BB, one which I could just not turn down.

Also, as you know, I am simply in love with 3BB.

So, here is the New Deal I have subscribed to:

a. I downgraded my service from 1Gbps (both up and down), to 500Mbps (up and down).

b. 3BB gave me an AIS SIM Card for my second phone:

My second phone is the Galaxy S3.  This is the phone I hope to use for another 37 years, until the year 2061, February 10th.

c. By changing to this new plan provided by 3BB, I will save about Bt.100.00 per month, and also be provided with the AIS SIM card, which will give me 20GBytes of Bandwidth per month.  Plus, if I wish to use the second phone to call out using my new AIS SIM card, then I will just pay as I go.

d.  This means that, in toto, Toto, in this Land of Thailand, one which sometimes seems like Kansas to me, I will now have a NOTE4 using Dtac service.  Plus, I will have the same great STABLE  service from 3BB which supplies ethernet connection to my desktop computers, PLUS, I will also have an AIS SIM card for my second phone, which I will use for exercise and language study during my exercise, all at a cost slightly reduced from my original service with 3BB.

e.  In my view, 3BB is WAY ABOVE any service I have ever tried in Thailand.  I doubt that I am wrong.  However, this Topic is not a debate about internet/phone services in Thailand.

NO.

This Topic is just a heads-up to any of you who might not be aware of this unique 3BB plan, and who might like to consider this plan, as an alternative to what you might now be using.

Again....

This is NOT a debate.

Maybe there are better plans out there, ones which can provide the same basic options of the 3BB plan of this type.

One thing though...I still have my DTAC phone service on my Note4.

But, I plan to downgrade this to the bare minimum for calling out, and internet access using the Note4.

I do not go out much.

And, when I go out, I rarely use the Dtac internet on the Note4.

IF you find this Public Service Announcement useful...then....

YOU know what to do....

Just give me a LIKE.

Of course, if you know me, you also know that I could give a rat's-adze about...so-called...LIKES, which I occasionally find to be less than sincere.

Seriously, though....I am SUPER Happy about having found this new 3BB plan.

I only found it by calling 3BB and asking the service operator, who did her very best to help me meet my mobile needs.

Kudos to 3BB...as....I...

Always say.

Best regards,

Gamma

Note:  Just do not say I never gave you nothin'......

Promo has been running for a while now: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=745318537623879&set=a.642385401250527&type=3

Sounds like a great deal, I don't understand what all 4 items are in this promo though.

For 699 baht down from 899 baht you get: 

1. 500 Mbps up/down

2. AIS Sim Card

3. AIS Play Box(what is this?)

4. AIS Super Wi/Fi. Is this a Wi/Fi router? 

2 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Regarding items 3 and 4....

Like you, I have no clue.

I doubt I care, as well....

But, still, such a super deal for me....

Thank you for your reply...because...otherwise....

Some here might think I was joking, or something....

Tks!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Regarding items 3 and 4....

Like you, I have no clue.

I doubt I care, as well....

But, still, such a super deal for me....

Thank you for your reply...because...otherwise....

Some here might think I was joking, or something....

Tks!

It's such a great deal I sent the promo to my friend. He's here for 7 months out of the year but doesn't want to pay for the 5 months he's back in Utah. 

1 minute ago, Furioso said:

It's such a great deal I sent the promo to my friend. He's here for 7 months out of the year but doesn't want to pay for the 5 months he's back in Utah. 

I'm sure those deals are 24 or at leat 12 month agreements

6 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I'm sure those deals are 24 or at leat 12 month agreements

Yes, I see the asterisk that says "24 month contract, excluded VAT".

27 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Sounds like a great deal, I don't understand what all 4 items are in this promo though.

For 699 baht down from 899 baht you get: 

1. 500 Mbps up/down

2. AIS Sim Card

3. Is an Android Box, loaded with certain applications. 
4. Is free Hotspot usage. 

17 minutes ago, Furioso said:

If what you are saying is true....then....

I am very pleased to have been able to mention this great 3BB deal, here on TV.

I think UTAH is an OK State, but still not quite as fine as Nebraska, the land of Johnny Carson.

IF your friend in Utah is in the least bit appreciative of my efforts,..then...let....HIM....

Send me a letter of gratitude.

By the way....I am....in NO way....a....

Sales Rep of 3BB.

I am just a very satisfied customer of 3BB...and....when I find some great service....these days...then....I feel obligated to.....

Spread the word to the people I care most about....who are....of course....the....

Member of TV.

26 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Yes, I see the asterisk that says "24 month contract, excluded VAT".

Of course.....

24 months....

I will live in Thailand, My Kansas,....

24 months of service, or 240 months of service,....

All the same to me.

I will be happy as a clam with  3BB.

Until the day I die.

Unless, I move to Arizona....of course....

I am 110 percent satisfied with 3BB Service here in Kansas...from the service operators...to the....

Guys who come to my door.

There is simply NO BETTER service in Kansas...that....

I have found.

I know that long-term residents must agree with my assessment, too.

Best regards,

Hope this helps....

Gamma

Edited by GammaGlobulin

50 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I think UTAH is an OK State, but still not quite as fine as Nebraska, the land of Johnny Carson.

Johnny Carson is a native Iowan. 

John Wayne, too.

Edited by Etaoin Shrdlu

5 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Johnny Carson is a native Iowan. 

John Wayne, too.

You may be correct.

But, I thought that Carson grew up in Nebraska.

Sorry for the misinformation, which was not intentional on my part.

image.png.29ca550271a68b0981bbff5e1368a51b.png

Again...sorry....

But, did Johnny grow up in Nebraska?

Yes, I think he did.

At age EIGHT....

So...just saying....

He is a product of Nebraska....folks....!

image.png.d6432ce86ade834f7f3d0d903e59e467.png

Never, NEVER...second-guess the Gamma, Folks!

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You may be correct.

But, I thought that Carson grew up in Nebraska.

Sorry for the misinformation, which was not intentional on my part.

image.png.29ca550271a68b0981bbff5e1368a51b.png

Again...sorry....

But, did Johnny grow up in Nebraska?

Yes, I think he did.

At age EIGHT....

So...just saying....

He is a product of Nebraska....folks....!

image.png.d6432ce86ade834f7f3d0d903e59e467.png

Never, NEVER...second-guess the Gamma, Folks!

Give me a child until he is seven and I will show you the man. - Aristotle.

4 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Give me a child until he is seven and I will show you the man. - Aristotle.

I think you might be referring to this documentary:

No need to feel you need to teach me anything.....

I am way ahead of you.

After all, as I have often stated on this Forum....

I am a genius....

Although, I must say, Aristotle was smarter....

By a hair, or two.

Fibre optic is equally reliable with True and it's 640 for 500 MB up and down, less, I imagine, with a promotion and their customer service has been great.  20 GB on the sim isn't much and the SuperWi is, I assume, the AIS hotspots. I get offered that promotion once a month if I upgrade my service. Playbox I have no interest in.

It doesn't inspire me to make the change to AIS.

11 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I think you might be referring to this documentary:

No need to feel you need to teach me anything.....

I am way ahead of you.

After all, as I have often stated on this Forum....

I am a genius....

Although, I must say, Aristotle was smarter....

By a hair, or two.

I have no illusions about teaching you anything.

31 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Fibre optic is equally reliable with True and it's 640 for 500 MB up and down, less, I imagine, with a promotion and their customer service has been great.  20 GB on the sim isn't much and the SuperWi is, I assume, the AIS hotspots. I get offered that promotion once a month if I upgrade my service. Playbox I have no interest in.

It doesn't inspire me to make the change to AIS.

Maybe so...

But, I have never had better service than with 3BB.

Personally, I DO NOT care a twit about AIS.

The only reason I now have AIS is due to the 3BB plan offering AIS.

Whether or not AIS provides good service, I do not know.

Yet, still, any mobile internet for my phone will be sufficient for me, since I will only use it at low speeds for my exercise app, and maybe, if I need, to make a call or two from my second phone.

Let us be clear, however, that 3BB customer service, 3BB service technicians, 3BB internet, is the very best that can be had in Thailand, at extremely reasonable rates.

I am no fanboy of any internet service...it is just that....I am...pleased as...

Punch with 3BB.

image.png.c7ed2b3f35716916fd88b8ad62821aba.png

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Maybe so...

Yet, still, any mobile internet for my phone will be sufficient for me, since I will only use it at low speeds for my exercise app, and maybe, if I need, to make a call or two from my second phone.

Let us be clear, however, that 3BB customer service, 3BB service technicians, 3BB internet, is the very best that can be had in Thailand, at extremely reasonable rates.

I am no fanboy of any internet service...it is just that....I am...pleased as...

Punch with 3BB.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Telecommunication/Thailand-s-AIS-acquires-broadband-internet-provider-3BB

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Maybe so...

Punch with 3BB.

Ais has bought 3bb. They're the same company now (or will be). Ais offers unlimited low speed Internet, 60 baht for 1mps, 90 baht for 2mps a month

2 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Ais has bought 3bb. They're the same company now (or will be). Ais offers unlimited low speed Internet, 60 baht for 1mps, 90 baht for 2mps a month

Hopefully, 3BB will maintain its great service, just as it has always been.

I expect that they will.

How do you find the 500 mbps up down as a internet service as opposed to 1 gbps for private use?  I found this 500mbps plan on FB as someone pointed out. 

I found the promotions from AIS to be confusing b4; now with 3BB added it has got worse.

Is it possible to somehow combine a trade in your old phone and new subscribers' special offers?

I saw this post a little late as I just bought one of the AIS Fibre 3 offers at 200 baht pcm.  

So, with the 500mbps @ 699 I save 200 baht over the 899 1gbps plus 200 for the fibre 3 that I have mistakenly bought and will now discard.  400 baht pcm is not a bad savings in these difficult times.

How about trading in an old samsung S8 for a new samsung galaxy a54 5g?  Are there any offers on that do you suppose?

Thanks🙏🏼

12 minutes ago, notrub said:

How do you find the 500 mbps up down as a internet service as opposed to 1 gbps for private use?  I found this 500mbps plan on FB as someone pointed out. 

I found the promotions from AIS to be confusing b4; now with 3BB added it has got worse.

Is it possible to somehow combine a trade in your old phone and new subscribers' special offers?

I saw this post a little late as I just bought one of the AIS Fibre 3 offers at 200 baht pcm.  

So, with the 500mbps @ 699 I save 200 baht over the 899 1gbps plus 200 for the fibre 3 that I have mistakenly bought and will now discard.  400 baht pcm is not a bad savings in these difficult times.

How about trading in an old samsung S8 for a new samsung galaxy a54 5g?  Are there any offers on that do you suppose?

Thanks🙏🏼

Please contact 3BB directly...

And then...

All might be much clearer.

Don't try to contact AIS directly, is my suggestion, for what it might be worth.

20 minutes ago, notrub said:

Thanks🙏🏼

Tell us about the 200 baht Fibre 3 offer. Are you referring to a mobile package?

21 minutes ago, notrub said:

Thanks🙏🏼

I haven’t ever seen an ‘offer’ on a mobile phone. Costs are simply inflated so that you pay over the odds for the phone in the end. 

3 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

Are those old packages still available or are you ‘grandfathered’ in?

When they were offered, they also included unlimited free calls to any network. 
I have the 4Mbps, 10Mbps and 20Mbps versions of the same. 

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Hopefully, 3BB will maintain its great service, just as it has always been.

I expect that they will.

Hopefully now that AIS own 3BB their service improves... it used to be utter garbage.