Biden argues failure to move Ukraine aid would be 'close to criminal neglect'

Social Media

image.png

President Biden has strongly condemned Congress' delay in passing crucial funding for Ukraine's defense against Russia, labeling it as "close to criminal neglect" during a discussion with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.

Expressing his outrage, Biden highlighted the critical importance of supporting Ukraine in its conflict with Russia, emphasizing the dire consequences of failing to do so. With tensions escalating in Europe, Scholz arrived in the US to underscore the necessity of bolstering Ukraine's defense efforts and to emphasize Germany's commitment to supporting Ukraine despite facing budgetary constraints.

While the Senate recently advanced a $95.3 billion package aimed at providing aid to Ukraine, Israel, and other national security priorities, the process has faced significant obstacles, including opposition from most Republican senators who initially blocked the bipartisan deal due to border security provisions. In response, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer removed these provisions to expedite the bill's passage.

During his conversation with Scholz, Biden acknowledged some reluctance in the House regarding the aid package but expressed optimism that it could be resolved. He stressed the urgency of the situation and urged swift action to ensure Ukraine receives the necessary support to defend itself.

Scholz echoed Biden's sentiments, emphasizing the critical role of US support in Ukraine's defense efforts and expressing confidence that the House would follow Biden's lead. Both leaders underscored the high stakes involved, emphasizing the imperative for Congress to act promptly and decisively in providing aid to Ukraine.

Source

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Social Media said:

During his conversation with Scholz, Biden acknowledged some reluctance in the House regarding the aid package but expressed optimism that it could be resolved. He stressed the urgency of the situation and urged swift action to ensure Ukraine receives the necessary support to defend itself.

Glad to see someone on the same page as me this early in the morning.

The American tax payer is over it, hence the reason Congress has delayed yet another package worth billions of $'s in aid to the Ukraine, as opposed to negotiating a peaceful settlement which would cost nothing and save lives, but no, there's no money in that. Sure Russia will own a little more land when the borders are relined, but hey, it's a win/win situation.

No doubt there will be many suggesting otherwise, and if so, perhaps they should go straight to the frontlines and help Ukraine, starting with Biden.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Tug said:

now trump continues to betray America with his infantile rhetoric against nato ……..

At least with Trump, 500,000 Ukrainians, and 300,000 Russians would be alive and with their families today, but then again, what is a life worth, best you go on your way to the frontline, because, frankly my dear, I don't give a dame. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

At least with Trump, 500,000 Ukrainians, and 300,000 Russians would be alive and with their families today, but then again, what is a life worth, best you go on your way to the frontline, because, frankly my dear, I don't give a dame. 

America's been buying knives to arm and send the Ukes into a gunfight.  With the warmongering politicians willing to keep funding the war, to the last Ukrainian.

Here's the battle map (CNN, I think) from last February.  A year ago.  I challenge anyone to come in and say the gains the Ukes have made are worth the thousands and thousands of Ukrainian lives and the $$$ billions and billions. 

It's time for the killing to stop and the rebuilding to begin.

Donbas.png.65ada0efe434a1a040ab39aa67f59dc7.png

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-2-5-23-intl/index.html

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Social Media said:

"close to criminal neglect"

Something like the criminal neglect of the open. unsecured southern border and resultant humanitarian and national security crisis created by the mentally unfit Biden.

At this point the only ones pushing this war instead of working towards a peaceful resolution is Biden and his war mongering woke band of misfits.

Edited by illisdean
  • Confused 4
  • Agree 2

This idea that the Yanks have about instilling democracy on nations is very selective. It doesn't apply to the Saudies or any of those rich Arab countries. Egypt's democratically elected government was run off and Africa is full of people originally voted in but won't leave when their time is up. Thailand and Cambodia are another pair of basket cases when it comes to democracy. So why are they not speaking up about these countries? China has a one party system that suits them well with elected representatives. The haven't been communist for years since Deng Chao Ping. A lot of Ukrainians are pro Russian choosing the Russians over the Yanks but those numbers are concealed from us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 11:59 AM, Tug said:

Russia is the #1 or possibly the #2 after China the enemy of democracy all stop 🛑 Putin has been stopped dead in his tracks after HE invaded HIS neighbor all stop 🛑 for less than 5% of our defense budget we have been instrumental in helping Ukraine preserve her sovereignty all stop 🛑 that is brilliant it is also helping maintain the world order in Europe you just keep hanging out there in NZ casting stones ………now trump continues to betray America with his infantile rhetoric against nato ……..

I have yet to see evidence that both Russia and China are a threat to world peace, (American propaganda), yet the rhetoric is always the same as to how they brainwash their weak, and others.

NATO is nothing more than a puppet for the American Military Industrial Complex, and I applaud how BRICS is sticking it to them by moving away from the US $ in return, suffice to say, that is a major threat to American, and I can't wait for the US $ to tank after dominating all currencies since WWII, time to take it down a notch fellas'...LoL

• Sad 1

If funding the war in Ukraine is so critical, why is the aid tied to funding OTHER countries? Simply have 3 separate funding bills, one for Unkraine, one for Israel, one for other priorities, and vote on them separately. The only reason to bundle them is cynical political gain. 

But it is good to see our  friends here willing to fight Russia, to the last US dollar and the last Ukranian life. Stunning and brave.

On 2/12/2024 at 8:04 AM, sirineou said:
On 2/12/2024 at 7:59 AM, Tug said:

Russia is the #1 or possibly the #2 after China the enemy of democracy all stop 🛑 Putin has been stopped dead in his tracks after HE invaded HIS neighbor all stop 🛑 for less than 5% of our defense budget we have been instrumental in helping Ukraine preserve her sovereignty all stop 🛑 that is brilliant it is also helping maintain the world order in Europe you just keep hanging out there in NZ casting stones ………now trump continues to betray America with his infantile rhetoric against nato ……..

On 2/12/2024 at 8:04 AM, sirineou said:

:cheesy: all stop. 

To those with confused and sad emojis. 

It was a joke!! 

I hate to have to explained it. but Tug said "all stop after every paragraph ., So I laughing said "all stop" 

Some of you need to stop taking your selves too seriously. If we can't laugh at ourselves....................

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

If funding the war in Ukraine is so critical, why is the aid tied to funding OTHER countries? Simply have 3 separate funding bills, one for Unkraine, one for Israel, one for other priorities, and vote on them separately. The only reason to bundle them is cynical political gain. 

But it is good to see our  friends here willing to fight Russia, to the last US dollar and the last Ukranian life. Stunning and brave.

Ahh haggie they asked for our help……meanwhile the retrumplikan members of the house scurried back home to bunker up terrified of a mean tweet from Putin’s best asset one Donald John Trump the best performing asset Putin has just boggles my mind I never in my wildest dreams would have thought this of the GOP……

23 minutes ago, Tug said:

Ahh haggie they asked for our help……meanwhile the retrumplikan members of the house scurried back home to bunker up terrified of a mean tweet from Putin’s best asset one Donald John Trump the best performing asset Putin has just boggles my mind I never in my wildest dreams would have thought this of the GOP……

You didn't answer the question. Why tie Ukraine aid to others? Also, I am sure you read that Putin's choice for president is none other than Joe Biden...

On 2/12/2024 at 8:17 PM, billd766 said:

The biggest casualty would be the USA followed by a lot of the world if Trump ever becomes president again.

If it stops American involved wars all over the place, the rest of the world might be better off in that case, so bring it on.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

To those with confused and sad emojis. 

It was a joke!! 

I hate to have to explained it. but Tug said "all stop after every paragraph ., So I laughing said "all stop" 

Some of you need to stop taking your selves too seriously. If we can't laugh at ourselves....................

Just wasn't very funny. Try using something to indicate it was humour.