Five immigration officers jailed for 15 years each for extortion

snoop1130

On 2/13/2024 at 11:05 AM, bbi1 said:

I suspect there are a ton of those dodgy farangs on this forum who use bribes through agents & immigration officers to stay here while not qualifying/following the retirement extension laws. A crackdown on these dodgy farangs, agents and IOs are coming soon.

Does that prospect give you a warm moist feeling in your underpants?

The anticipation of people being expelled?

People who are perhaps not as wealthy as you, not as good ( however you define that) as you?

The "dodgy farangs, agents and IOs" are all encouraged by the system. Whilst I very much doubt @Neeranam figures of 300,000 farangs, he has a certain talent for exaggeration, those that do are contributing to a racket which "collects" and "pays out" at all levels. The very large number of foreigners working in factories, agriculture and fishing making their regular contributions will certainly swell the "informal funding" of the system.

Edited by herfiehandbag

On 2/13/2024 at 2:13 PM, Neeranam said:

Probably a lot. I played golf recently with 3 guys who all use agents to bypass the requirement to keep funds in the bank. They talked about it as if it was legal to do!

How could you stoop so low, you must feel soiled by playing such a noble game with such downright scum. 

You should burn your golf bats immediately.

By the way, I can act as your "agent", I think that I know where I can get you a fine replacement set for a jolly reasonable price!

26 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Does that prospect give you a warm moist feeling in your underpants?

The anticipation of people being expelled?

People who are perhaps not as wealthy as you, not as good ( however you define that) as you?

The "dodgy farangs, agents and IOs" are all encouraged by the system. Whilst I very much doubt @Neeranam figures of 300,000 farangs, he has a certain talent for exaggeration, those that do are contributing to a racket which "collects" and "pays out" at all levels. The very large number of foreigners working in factories, agriculture and fishing making their regular contributions will certainly swell the "informal funding" of the system.

It sure does. And how about you, does it give you a warm moist feeling in your underpants too?

This is such an anomoly. It hardly ever happens, and is likely due to too much publicity, and the courts and administration deciding they have to make an example of these guys.

The RTP, customs, and immigration seems to have been created with a status quo from the government. We will NOT pay you a living wage, but you have a franchise, and the limit of your income is based solely on your own creativity and initiative, and you will always be protected. Is that not the case? We all know these 5 guys were the rare exception to the rule.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is such an anomoly. It hardly ever happens, and is likely due to too much publicity, and the courts and administration deciding they have to make an example of these guys.

The RTP, customs, and immigration seems to have been created with a status quo from the government. We will NOT pay you a living wage, but you have a franchise, and the limit of your income is based solely on your own creativity and initiative, and you will always be protected. Is that not the case? We all know these 5 guys were the rare exception to the rule.

The problem stems from the cost to become an immigration offficer. I've known cases of 10 million baht for 1 position.

1 million for junior positions.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The problem stems from the cost to become an immigration offficer. I've known cases of 10 million baht for 1 position.

1 million for junior positions.

If that is the case, then Joe Bloggs paying an agent 18000 Baht to acquire a retirement extension for 1 year, is really small business.

As others have observed, this was a reaction to what must have been a big infraction of informal internal accounting procedures. Not quite concrete boots and splash into the river from a tugboat, but along the same lines!

And again, if what you say is true then it is highly unlikely that the sort of " show me your papers, into the back of the truck, you can only take a toothbrush and a change of underwear" sweeps and roundups which have some salivating are not going to happen!

If seeing that really floats your boat perhaps you should book a holiday in the USA for next January!

Perhaps not, a passport full of Thai stamps is unlikely to go down well with Billy-Bob-Joe from the Federal Border Agency, let alone his vigilante cousins who will probably be deputised to provide the troops!

Edited by herfiehandbag