Pet Friendly Accommodation

Owiee

Does anyone know of a good quality Pet Friendly hotel, that’s located in a tourist area within Thailand? We live in UdonThani and want to go on holidays preferably a beach location but open to other tourist areas too, however we have a small dog that we wish to take with us, as such we would be driving to the location not flying. 

Thanks in advance for my feedback

Cheeers

12 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Ibis chain (not Styles) is pet friendly, up to 10kg pet.  No pet charge.   Have hotels at Phuket (Kata), Krabi (Ao Nang), Hua Hin (Nong Kae), and we've stayed at all 3.

Saying that, if you can get a trustworthy sitter (we can't), then that would be better for the pet, as it will be restricted to the room, most of the time, and there isn't a lot of 'green areas' at tourist locations.  Many municipal parks are not pet friendly.

National parks aren't pet friendly, and it's brutally hot outside, at times, for pet to be hanging out at the beach with you, if longer than an hour or so.  

If stopping at Krung Thep, then we prefer Ibis BKK Riverside, vs Sathorn or Soi 4.

Join Accor membership as convenient booking.   No real savings, but don't have to prepay, and can cancel up to day of, without penalty.   Most other booking sites require prepayment.

Wow, thank you for the excellent feedback, we will give Ibis a look, unfortunately the dog does not like any strangers even the in-laws, he is only around 5kg so no problems there. Thank you again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

As already suggested, Ibis is usually pet-friendly. If you want something more upmarket, Anantasila in Hua Hin and Rabbit Resort in Pattaya are both nice.

Thank you very much

While IBIS does allow pets I don't know if they are exactly pet friendly.  There isn't really any areas set aside for taking your dog out to potty.  I did bring my dogs with me once to the Bangkok Riverside one.  But having them do their thing by the pool didn't seem very nice to me.  So after 1 night I drove back home and left them there for someone else to watch.

If you look on sites like booking or agoda you can filter for pets allowed too.

51 minutes ago, rwill said:

While IBIS does allow pets I don't know if they are exactly pet friendly.  There isn't really any areas set aside for taking your dog out to potty.  I did bring my dogs with me once to the Bangkok Riverside one.  But having them do their thing by the pool didn't seem very nice to me.  So after 1 night I drove back home and left them there for someone else to watch.

If you look on sites like booking or agoda you can filter for pets allowed too.

Actually Riverside has an area set aside to the left as you exit.   Admit the area set aside is ridiculously small, and I don't even bother.   

Poolside was very un-cool, although we have sat poolside with our dog, after she has done her business, on a leash, and she preferred the shade under the lounger. 

Rather take her up by the entrance/guard shack, and larger area (NW corner) for her to sniff around and pick a spot.   Also nobody will be walking around that area.

@Owiee Booking.com is the best site for accurate pet friendly info, and you can filter that.  Krung Thep has about 50 hotels, though not many I'd consider, as parking is an issue also, and I require secure parking.

Outside Krung Thep, just cross reference Gmap with satellite & streetview, to see if any green areas around.  We usually find places on Gmap, better than booking.com, or, at least Gmap will have a phone number to call to verify the info, and find out pet charges if applied, some free, some silly and almost the price of the room.  

Wife spends quite a bit of time on the phone before we move on to the next spot.  Bring a small dog mat/bed with you, if just for optics, and gives the impression the dog won't be sleeping on the bed.   

We bring a top sheet anyway, as she will be on the bed.   Along with small broom, as wife leaves the room cleaner than when we check in sometimes.  She sheds quite a bit, and pet charge or not, best we leave a good impression for the next person with a pet.

Happy Travels

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Hello

In Najomtien (on Ban Amphur beach)..so outside busy center and rather far out, Baan Somprasong condominium if of course you wish to stay minimum one month (Airbnb under 1 month is not legal).. officially no pets but allowed without issues by management, committee and co owners.. right on the beach + gardens and huge pool, very quiet.. you can find it on Google, there is a website

Have a good day

• Thumbs Up 1

Flor I Talay - Koh Chang

We have a small dog and have been several times. Beach front, decent restaurant, bungalow style resort. Not far from Paradise Koh Chang. We drive down from Nong Khai and stop at The Resort in Kabinburi - inexpensive / basic stay for a quick night stop. Dog ok. They have a nice restaurant in front of the hotel. 

• Thumbs Up 1