Pattaya minivan visa run to Cambodia, recommendations?

whitemouse

10 hours ago, whitemouse said:

In 20 years of border runs to land border Cambodia I've yet to experience questioning by  border police. I have never heard a single report of difficulty on the land border crossing, except than one known crossing.

I have been questioned several times at BKK and DMK airports, all my friends have had many such experiences at both Bangkok airports. There are constant reports at Aseannow visa sub forum of people being turned away and denied entry at airports.

When you say land border crossing are more difficult, you are giving very bad advise to people planning a visa run.

Obviously every visa run is accompanied with a Thai agent, why would anyone try this alone. 

I have never heard of questioning  at Thai Cambodia border, 20 years of 6 months visits to Thailand. Obviously avoiding the one very well known and very difficult border crossing.

So, anyone with many entries to Thailand with tourist visa or visa waiver, 4th or 5th entry to Thailand via air will be coin toss, you can be denied entry for no reason, and you'll be deported. The usual 'reason' to deny entry is 12/2, 'lack of funds to sustain stay in Kingdom'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all the Pattaya visa runs go to the Pailin border crossing? It has been a long while since I crossed there.

The way I see it, this is not a common crossing that tourists use and is a bit of a backwater. It's kind of a purpose-built, money-generating crossing mainly used by Visa-run services. The chances of being turned away if you're with a group would be small. The agents can probably determine the success of a visa runner before they embark on the run.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Espanol said:

Do they have to be in cash or does it suffice to show the balance in my Thai bank account?

needs to be cash

They wont accept showing a credit card or a bank balance.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 4:02 PM, Espanol said:

http://www.1stclasvisarun.com/

I went with them in December.
6-seater VIP van.

3700 baht

Everything perfectly organized, with staff waiting at the border to accompany you to complete all the procedures on both the Thai and Cambodian sides.
The price also includes food on the way back in a restaurant.

I recommend it without hesitation.

I don't recommend them at all.

I was just there and they had no runs going the whole month. They don't do a run unless at least three people sign up for the same day and there were zero people signed up. A waste of the trip over there.

Makes me wonder about the positive reviews on here.

Edited by JimTripper

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I don't recommend them at all.

I was just there and they had no runs going the whole month. They don't do a run unless at least three people sign up for the same day and there were zero people signed up. A waste of the trip over there.

Makes me wonder about the positive reviews on here.

I don't understand.
When I went in December they were full every day (only 6 people travel in the van) and I was lucky to be able to find a free space for ten days later.
Maybe December is high season, I don't know.

It is possible that this month they are closed and only organize trips on request, I don't know. I'm just guessing. Maybe because of Songkram.

4 hours ago, Espanol said:

I don't understand.
When I went in December they were full every day (only 6 people travel in the van) and I was lucky to be able to find a free space for ten days later.
Maybe December is high season, I don't know.

It is possible that this month they are closed and only organize trips on request, I don't know. I'm just guessing. Maybe because of Songkram.

Sounds possible. The main point being, that it's always a problem. Nothing or too crowded, no middle ground. 🤣

Edited by JimTripper