1Y extention, minimum rental contract length

Last year, at Jomtien the minimum rental contract length was 3 months.

In Bangkok, they require minimum 6 months, but for an ongoing 6 month apartment contract the IO said a new 6 month contract would be need to be signed to qualify.

What are rules regarding remaining rental contract lengths? First hand experience would be greatly appreciated rather than quoting something that the IO can ignore.

It would be great, if a thread existed on the latest address requirements that wasn't cluttered with most of the replies discussing agents, as that is completely off topic.

• Sad 1

An interesting question. My retirement visa expires on the third of March 2024 and my house contract expires on 26 July 2024. The house owner will only do one year contracts. I see the landlady tomorrow to try to explain the situation - language difficulties . She will not do an open contract with an agreed cancellation period with the deposit lost should either party break the agreement. I hope to talk her into a new contract of two years back dated to when the document was first signed. That will hopefully avoid any visa problems. I should add that on signing the original contract I informed Immigration and it was documented. My big mistake was in failing to see this problem at the very beginning.

married retired people do not have a rental contract with their wife, so why would a retirement visa need one.. right, hard to dingle your head around that...

same boat... will only have a few months left.. situation is even more complex, as I do not have a rental agreement... I have a court divorce agreement which let me stay in the house, till my kids are 20... sadly, this will be in a few months...

so Samut Prakarn, already a <deleted>ty office, will try to f me over again as they did years ago at the start of using my court divorce agreement which needed intervention of ombudsman, for those f ers to do their job...