Urgent Course Being Launched To Train 5,000 Nurses In 2 Years Amid Severe Shortage

webfact

On 2/22/2024 at 2:17 PM, retarius said:

Can't you ever agree with anything? He never claimed it was a real nurse. 

Thank you. I was pointing out something  that most non medical staff would not know. It could have been a drawing and the same would be true. There are a lot of things that nurses have to do to keep their patients safe from infection from themselves and other patients. This is why nurses are worth more. The untrained or poorly trained nursing assistants often employed because qualified nurses are not available ( because people are reluctant to train when the rewards are so poor ) are far more likely to cause problems for patients.

On 2/22/2024 at 2:41 PM, spidermike007 said:

In the US, many of the surgical nurses are from the PI. They earn $100,000 a year. Some are doctors from the PI. Some are surgeons. Very talented and extremely competent. 

Pay a fair wage, treat your workers well, don't ask them to work silly hours without overtime pay, and you don't end up with a shortage of talent. Thailand has not learned that lesson yet. Apparently neither has the PI. 

Do you know why there are so many Pl nurses working outside the Philippines? I worked with many in Saudi and London. It's because they get paid too little to work in the Philippines. Many of the females were married and had children living in the Philippines with their grandparents. The nurses would save up their holidays and go home once a year. They earned so much working outside the Philippines, that they had grand houses and servants back there.

I worked in Saudi and London because I got paid too little to work in NZ.

Loads of qualified nurses go overseas to earn more, many to the US. These days loads are going to Australia, so nurses are having to be imported. It's a money go round.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Agree 1

On 2/23/2024 at 4:09 PM, proton said:

Cant see a mention of what they are paid, only claims it's not enough. How much is it?

The wife's niece is a nurse, been qualified for 4 years, she earns about 35 000/month ..... when she is they, she is always posting from her jollies on FB, she is working at a provincial hospital.

On 2/22/2024 at 3:47 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe they should pay them better.

A friend who visits NANA regularly seems to meet lots of girls there who are nurses - real once. 

I would not believe what the girls in Nana say about their real education.

On 2/22/2024 at 3:47 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe they should pay them better.

A friend who visits NANA regularly seems to meet lots of girls there who are nurses - real once. 

I would not believe what the girls in Nana say about their real education.