Teen mum caught on CCTV locking toddler in dog cage

webfact

On 2/24/2024 at 9:25 AM, jacko45k said:

Yes exactly, doers not seem far removed from that really. 

yes ,   a play-pen ... not a dog cage.  Dog cages are for dogs,   play-pens are for toddlers.

Edited by steven100

6 hours ago, steven100 said:
On 2/24/2024 at 9:25 AM, jacko45k said:

Yes exactly, doers not seem far removed from that really. 

yes ,   a play-pen ... not a dog cage.  Dog cages are for dogs,   play-pens are for toddlers.

When my Wife was out and I needed a shower, I used to put my son in his cot... the only difference between that and dog cage is that the dog cage is safer because he could potentially climb out of the cot...

... but thats not the issue here... its the 'optics' of putting a child in a cage to discipline them....  it looks appalling, but is not such a significant issue if its not hours on end.

At least the Mum isn't battering the child... but a young mum is clearly at the end of clearly needs assistance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 2long said:

"the child’s mischievous behaviour" often referred to as the terrible twos.

Very sad all round, especially when the mum gets pregnant at 14/15.

Terrible twos....  Thunderous threes...  and ultimately the  Fu<k!ng Fours !!! ....  he's now entering the 'tw@tty Tens' !!!! 

Mostly the opposite though !!! ... but if there is one thing a child can learn, its how push their parents buttons if clever parenting is not adapted...

.... and parenting is not something thats immediately known, its often instinctual and has has a very steep learning curve....  just when we think we've mastered it, the child develops and sets new challenges !!!

I'm sure there are times I'd have put my son in a cage for 20 mins while I do something (if a cage is all I had)... 

As for discipline....  we had a naughty step...  and  a 'count to three'....   

... Incredible how effective the count to three was, until my son started saying the 'three'....  then I had to evolve....

• Like 1