Teen mum caught on CCTV locking toddler in dog cage

webfact

image.jpeg

A 17 year old mother was caught on CCTV footage physically assaulting her two year old daughter, confining her in a dog cage within a residence in Plutaluang Subdistrict, Sattahip on Monday, February 19.

The distressing footage sent shockwaves across social media platforms, triggering swift action from local authorities.

In response to the outcry, Plutaluang police officers, accompanied by village headman Chanchai Nijasin and other officials, immediately launched an investigation at the scene. Chanchai disclosed that the teen mum admitted to disciplining her child by confining her in the dog cage. However, she claimed her actions were aimed at correcting the child’s mischievous behaviour and garnering the attention of the baby’s father, rather than causing harm.

Further scrutiny uncovered that the child frequently played with the family dog and sometimes entered the dog cage voluntarily. The mother described her child as stubborn, justifying her disciplinary measures. Remarkably, authorities found no visible signs of physical injury on the child during the examination.

The stepmother of the 17 year old revealed that the child’s father had previous legal entanglements with the baby’s mother regarding underage matters, leading to their separation. She added that the young mother admitted to disciplining the child due to perceived disorderly conduct. Consequently, the father shared the CCTV footage on social media to initiate legal action against the young mother, reported Pattaya Mail.

Police Colonel Khomsan Kamtunkaew, Superintendent of Plutaluang Police Station, disclosed that the child has been placed under the care of the Child and Family Shelter in Chon Buri for psychological evaluation. The young mother, alongside her stepmother and biological father, will undergo a professional assessment and further questioning regarding the incident to ensure appropriate action is taken.

In related news, a 24 year old man was arrested yesterday in the Klong Toey district of Bangkok on charges of abducting and molesting a young girl under the age of 15 and committing rape of a child under the age of 13. The suspect, identified only as Thanachot, was apprehended following a mother’s shocking discovery of her daughter’s ordeal, which led to a police report and subsequent arrest warrant.

by Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Source: The Thaiger 2024-02-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

and garnering the attention of the baby’s father

That will be a very hard job .....

"...the father shared the CCTV footage on social media to initiate legal action against the young mother, reported Pattaya Mail".

Wasn't difficult for him to give his attention.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, RobU said:

For goodness sake. She mildly disciplined the child (no evidence of injury to the child) and put her in the dog cage where the child frequently played anyway. What's the difference between that large cage and a child corral? Absolutely no story the authorities should not take the the child since she has come to no harm whatsoever. 

yeah '  I guess if it wasn't the cage it could have been a chain at the kennel in the backyard..

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, steven100 said:

That's called a ' play pen '   .....    a dog cage is called a dog cage. 

What's in a name? It's still a cage for imprisoning children. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RobU said:

What's in a name? It's still a cage for imprisoning children. 

silly comment ....   it was used to place the child in a safe environment while mama did the vacuuming and washed the dishes,  otherwise the housework wouldn't be done.

44 minutes ago, steven100 said:

silly comment ....   it was used to place the child in a safe environment while mama did the vacuuming and washed the dishes,  otherwise the housework wouldn't be done.

I don't understand, you have taken my words out of context. I previously stated that in my opinion she did nothing wrong, as you say she locked the child in there so she could concentrate on the housework.The person I responded to tried to imply that there was a difference between a large cage and a baby compound. Both are cages

3 minutes ago, RobU said:

I previously stated that in my opinion she did nothing wrong

I disagree ....   in a civilized society we know what's right from wrong ...

and putting a child in a dog cage is wrong. 

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Western child in its disciplinary cage...

Playpen - Wikipedia

That must be a very bad kid, as it's obviously serving a long sentence. and it  appears to be close to out growing its cell  .now  there is a danger it could  escape by simply climbing out,     Best  to quickly  grant it parole and allow it to serve the remainder of its sentence in leg irons.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There are so many issues here in this one sentence, its pretty difficult to point an accusing finger at any one party. 

Straight across the board this is a failure in education. It's obvious these people are poor as dirt and entirely lacking any education or advantages. 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The stepmother of the 17 year old revealed that the child’s father had previous legal entanglements with the baby’s mother regarding underage matters, leading to their separation.