Trip Report - Chaeng Wattana (22 February 2024) - Retirement Renewal

21 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

never asked about Bank Statements

Thanks for clear report.

Regards bank statements....you used FD account. May have been different if you were using savings account. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for clear report.

Regards bank statements....you used FD account. May have been different if you were using savings account. 

Almost assuredly 100% correct - that why I included my account type details in my report.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for clear report.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is an "FD" account? and how is it different than a savings account for immigration?

Thanks.

Excellent trip report.  Many thanks.  I still maintain that these trip reports are the most valuable contribution to the Forum.

Just a note on Immo/CW:  

My 800K+ FD account is with SCB, and I use it solely for extension purposes.

So, every year, I go to the nearest SCB branch to the Govt. Complex, and they produce two documents:  (1) Is the standard letter indicating the balance on that day (after I deposit a nominal amount to update the bank book); and (2) An annual statement, which lists the balance for the entire year, month by month.

In my experience, IMMO/CW (at the online appt desk) seems to like the annual statement, since they go over that carefully with a neon marker. 

They also require a photocopy of every page of the up-dated SCB FD bank book.

The only cost to me is an extra 200 baht for the annual statement -- which I am happy to pay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TaoNow said:

Excellent trip report.  Many thanks.  I still maintain that these trip reports are the most valuable contribution to the Forum.

Just a note on Immo/CW:  

My 800K+ FD account is with SCB, and I use it solely for extension purposes.

So, every year, I go to the nearest SCB branch to the Govt. Complex, and they produce two documents:  (1) Is the standard letter indicating the balance on that day (after I deposit a nominal amount to update the bank book); and (2) An annual statement, which lists the balance for the entire year, month by month.

In my experience, IMMO/CW (at the online appt desk) seems to like the annual statement, since they go over that carefully with a neon marker. 

They also require a photocopy of every page of the up-dated SCB FD bank book.

The only cost to me is an extra 200 baht for the annual statement -- which I am happy to pay.

Are you sure you have a Fixed Deposit (FD) account - I referred to it as a fixed account.  In the US they are commonly referred to as Certificate of Deposit, CD?  This is a type of account that you deposit money for a "fixed term", commonly 3, 6, or 12 months (or longer) and get a better interest rate?

In my FD account the only activity is interest credits and an entire year is little more than a single page?  There is no access to the account except the passbook.

Since bank statements became a thing several years ago I've never been required to obtain a statement.  I have never made a deposit in the account since I opened it 20 years ago.

Are we talking about the same type of account?

Edited by expat_4_life

4 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

You mention "bank letter obtained day before," always thought

this was required same day as applying for extension.

I have always, 20 years, obtained my "Bank Letter" the previous day.

Have seen posted many times that up to a week in advance is acceptable,
however I never tried it personally.  I've always done it the day before.

• Like 1

I am not sure why, in some of the posts above, the phrase "bank statements" is plural.  When I get my bank letter, they automatically produce one statement that shows the activity for the past year.  Why would multiple statements be needed?