THAI vs EVA BKK-LHR

2long

I haven't flown Thai in 25 years.

My mate recently said EVA were dropping in quality. I used to like them.

Any opinions on RECENT EXPERIENCE on their long-haul flight from Bangkok to London?

Prices are similar, and compare well with Emirates, who I usually go with.

I've been flying with EVA for 30 years, they have continued to impress. The only thing I have a slight issue with is the seating on the 777. For some reason the seats on some 777 is 333, and others is 343. Obviously the 333 is noticeably more comfortable, but I would like them to do all the planes this way, right now its a crapshoot. Thai will never be up to the standards of EVA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Khyron said:

I've been flying with EVA for 30 years, they have continued to impress. The only thing I have a slight issue with is the seating on the 777. For some reason the seats on some 777 is 333, and others is 343. Obviously the 333 is noticeably more comfortable, but I would like them to do all the planes this way, right now its a crapshoot. Thai will never be up to the standards of EVA. 

Yes on the Eva site it seems they have 3 seating layouts on their 777 300ER fleet, and I bet the only information given when booking will be that it is a 777 300ER.  

So it is pot luck to which you get and then too late to do anything.

https://www.evaair.com/en-th/fly-prepare/our-fleets/passenger-airplanes/777-300ER/

IMG_2177.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Like 1

I need to be in London in early April. My last few flights have been Emirates or Qatar, and before that, Etihad. This time I've booked Gulf Air. Their return prices for business were a touch under $3k, which is a VERY good price and their Apex Suite is one of the best hard products available. Not sure what the rest of the service is like but for that price I don't really care. Perhaps give them a look too?

We booked EVA - CNX to SFO & IAH to CNX.....They code shared the departure from IAH to UAL & that was the only leg that had problems causing a 2 day delay....The EVA flights were seamless + they provided two nights of 4 Star accomodations & meals to offset the UAL delays.....

In fairness, the UAL leg was hampered by a huge weather front....However, there was no way UAL came even close to the proficiency, or experience of flying EVA....

We left CNX in Sept 23 & returned Jan 24.....

There is nothing in it. It all depends on what seat you get (or choose) and who is sat next to you, luck of the draw.

Is the plane full? Are there an empty seat next to you? Screaming kids? Idiots behind you punching the ''touch'' screen TV. You get the picture,

IMHO these are the only 2 airlines to fly from BKK to London. They are the only non-stop flights, now that BA has stopped that route.

I just want to get on, do the long stint and get it over and done with. I can't be bothered with the stopovers in the ME.

Who really cares about the food and lounges? It is all second rate crap anyway. Even the Gold lounge at Heathrow terminal 5 is nothing special. I've been in there a load of times.

If I go business the only good thing is I can lie down, usually somebody else is paying for that.

• Agree 1