Bitkub crypto exchange is operating again for westerners in Thailand.

Hi all,

It seems that Bitkub have finally upgraded their systems and are allowing KYC for foreigners. 

If you previously had your account suspended you can now go ahead and do KYC with the app on your phone. I updated my passport and they did facial scan

The validation message at the end stated that the process would take 1 to 15 days. Up to 60 days for exceptional circumstances. 

IMHO this exchange is only worth it bc it has high liquidity. 

Personally I like using Upbit now but it did have low liquidity when I was trying to buy SOL. I got there in the end but it took many days to buy big quantities. 

I still have bitter memories of poor service provided by bitkub. Will see what happens. 

Happy trading. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

Hi all,

It seems that Bitkub have finally upgraded their systems and are allowing KYC for foreigners. 

If you previously had your account suspended you can now go ahead and do KYC with the app on your phone. I updated my passport and they did facial scan

The validation message at the end stated that the process would take 1 to 15 days. Up to 60 days for exceptional circumstances. 

IMHO this exchange is only worth it bc it has high liquidity. 

Personally I like using Upbit now but it did have low liquidity when I was trying to buy SOL. I got there in the end but it took many days to buy big quantities. 

I still have bitter memories of poor service provided by bitkub. Will see what happens. 

Happy trading. 

Is there a link on their announcements page stating such? I'll go take a look see if I can find one. 

3 hours ago, NativeBob said:

what is wrong with old Binance? Being using it since forever.
what bitkub?

p2p.binance.com.png

You are talking P2P. We are talking being able to deposit and withdraw to an exchange using Baht directly to and from your Thai bank. That isn't possible with the 'Old Binance' only with P2P. However after saying that there is now a 'New Binance' which is called Gulf Binance or Binance Thailand. They have a temp hold on signing up new non-Thai users but I believe that will be lifted soon. 

Edited by Conno
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Can you deposit and withdraw THB to and from that exchange?

advancebooking -  It's peer to peer. You don't deposit anything as such. What you are in essence doing if buying crypto, is sending Baht directly to the sellers nominated bank. If someone is buying crypto from you, they would send Baht directly to your nominated bank. Binance are just acting as the middle man and hold the funds [both crypto and fiat] in escrow until time to exchange. I have never used it but I know how it works. 

Edited by Conno

On 2/27/2024 at 7:02 PM, advancebooking said:

Can you deposit and withdraw THB to and from that exchange?

I have only ever withdrawn. I've bought on other exchanges and move to Binance to cashout,. 

I also use Crpyto,com and Kraken. 

• Like 1