Dinner Parties -Dead?

16 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I hafta vote no.

Conviviality abounding, but a diff vibe from when you plan a menu and mix of people.

When you have real friends you normally know if one doesn’t like seafood , for example, or that another is vegetarian. If a new guest is coming , you usually ask if there’s anything to avoid. Like allergies !!! 

On 2/23/2024 at 11:27 PM, QuantumQuandry said:

Dinner parties are for people who live in climates where you can't just do a beach BBQ.

Exactly this.... 

I'd much rather be outside in the evenings... but its just too hot.

So... with good friends we're regularly around at each others houses....  

But... it also depends on what you call a dinner party.... to me its just going around a friends house for the evening, or hosting them at ours...   Sitting at table, good food & wine etc... chatting, usually 2-5 families... 

Its too busy otherwise and the kids playing together...  good fun and often better than going out to a restaurant.

On 2/23/2024 at 10:02 PM, ABCDBKK said:

Ewwwww, why would you? 🙄🥺😳👍🏼😂

Understandable sentiment if you're an antisocial person unable to make genuine friends.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly this.... 

I'd much rather be outside in the evenings... but its just too hot.

So... with good friends we're regularly around at each others houses....  

But... it also depends on what you call a dinner party.... to me its just going around a friends house for the evening, or hosting them at ours...   Sitting at table, good food & wine etc... chatting, usually 2-5 families... 

Its too busy otherwise and the kids playing together...  good fun and often better than going out to a restaurant.

Understandable sentiment if you're an antisocial person unable to make genuine friends.

So you spend your life indoors?

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:
5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope of course not...  we have to walk outside to get to the car !!!

You might be happier in another country with a more temperate climate.

You might be happier not taking one facet of a comment and projecting it across the life of someone you don't know... 

Preferring to eat dinner indoors is a little different from your unintelligent hyperbolic dig that I spend my life indoors !!!...   

But, if you even have friends and they don't allow you to eat inside their house... then perhaps thats something you should think about.... 

(see what I did there ?? I nit-picked a singular comment, stretched the context and made a flawed and ridiculous projection of your life !!!  - its easy to play these games with people of flawed intellect who attempt to point score with dumb comments).

:whistling: