Idaho Sees Exodus of Obstetricians After State's Abortion Ban

On 2/25/2024 at 7:24 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

So 58 doctors stopped murdering in Idaho and decided to go elsewhere for the money... One was heard mumbling "f the Hippocratic oath"

How many unwanted children have you adopted?

3 hours ago, Galong said:

How many unwanted children have you adopted?

One so far ... and you ?

Bit too old for a 2nd, as don't think I'll be around till they're an adult.  Having a child avoid the trauma, of the loss of a parent seems a good idea.

On 2/26/2024 at 12:30 AM, heybruce said:

They have far more at stake, they bear the burden for the pregnancy and birth, they usually bear the majority of the burden for raising the children, and their appreciation for the sanctity of life is at the very least as great and well informed as that of men.

I feel sorry for your upbringing if that is truly your opinion.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Another sad attempt to make this personal. Just shows how little in the way of rational argument you have to offer.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You must think women are morally and intellectually inferior people if you disagree with what I posted.  Or perhaps you don't know where babies come from.

52 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Another sad attempt to make this personal. Just shows how little in the way of rational argument you have to offer.

They have far more at stake, they bear the burden for the pregnancy and birth, they usually bear the majority of the burden for raising the children,

Keep in perspective what I replied to.

Unfortunately in today's USA it's a grim reality where the father isn't always a part of the baby's life? That isn't the benchmark or justification for an abortion. But, to be so insensitive and cruel towards the life of an unborn baby isn't something the gov should be perpetuating. 

I've even read from posters here that they believe in abortion up to the delivery date.

I'm sure Idaho will be just fine.

33 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You must think women are morally and intellectually inferior people if you disagree with what I posted.  Or perhaps you don't know where babies come from.

What are you on about coming up with this deflection. You know I'm right.

57 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What are you on about coming up with this deflection. You know I'm right.

Right about what?  Do you think men bear and equal share of carrying an embryo to birth?  Do you think men dedicate an equal amount of time and effort into child rearing?  What do you disagree with in my post?

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Right about what?  Do you think men bear and equal share of carrying an embryo to birth?  Do you think men dedicate an equal amount of time and effort into child rearing?  What do you disagree with in my post?

This has already veered to far off course. Hopefully guys who share your sentiment don't have kids.

On 3/2/2024 at 2:25 PM, heybruce said:

That makes no sense.

It is in reference to being one of those people who paints everybody with the broad stroke of the same brush because there are a few people who abuse the system... You say "most" based on your limited perspective...

Edited by stats
off-topic remark removed

On 3/3/2024 at 6:36 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

It is in reference to being one of those people who paints everybody with the broad stroke of the same brush because there are a few people who abuse the system... You say "most" based on your limited perspective...

I know the kind of person you're describing. 

However nothing I've posted supports your conclusion that I am such a person.  It is a biological fact that after conception women do all the work in turning the fertilized egg into a person, and it is an economic fact that women devote more of their time to child raising than men.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4131769/

If you like I can come up with many more reasons why women should have the dominant say on women's health issues, including those affected by the exodus of obstetricians and abortion. 

How is arriving at a reasonable conclusion based on facts and evidence painting with a broad brush?

Edited by stats
off topic and reply to hidden comments removed
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/4/2024 at 5:39 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

My perspective is that women put far more into turning an embryo into a human being, and then more time and effort into raising that human being to adulthood, than men.

How is that skewed?

Oh wait, I also assume that woman have at least as great a respect for human life and are intellectually at least as capable as men in dealing with the moral issues of abortion. 

Is that the part of my perspective you object to?

14 hours ago, heybruce said:

Oh wait, I also assume that woman have at least as great a respect for human life and are intellectually at least as capable as men in dealing with the moral issues of abortion. 

Is that the part of my perspective you object to?

Nope...