Special promo short time only!!!

36 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Nothing to do with bar girls. Sorry to disappoint🫢

Our Ford Everest just out of warranty was due for 90k service. Wife called the dealership and they said it is normally 8096B but we have a special promo you only pay 16708B upfront for the next three services (5569B per service). Wife was super exciting saving around 2500B. 
Then I showed her the attached from Ford website. 
I ended up doing the 90k service myself buying genuine ford parts online. It cost me around 5000. Saved 3k and more importantly spend the Saturday with the boy showing him fun stuff around the car. He loved it, getting dirt on him looking like me. 

IMG_5961.jpeg

36 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Our Ford Everest just out of warranty was due for 90k service. Wife called the dealership and they said it is normally 8096B but we have a special promo you only pay 16708B upfront for the next three services (5569B per service). Wife was super exciting saving around 2500B. 
I ended up doing the 90k service myself buying genuine ford parts online. It cost me around 5000. Saved 3k and more importantly spend the Saturday with the boy showing him fun stuff around the car. He loved it, getting dirt on him looking like me. 

IMG_5961.jpeg

My 2014 Escape is still in excellent shape, obviously long past warranty time. I have bought genuine Ford parts online, via the FB Escape Owners  site. would appreciate learning where you buy spare parts. tia

Edited by paddypower

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

And members shout at US for clickbait titles ??.....😀

In hindsight, you're right - the OP was a weird post. i'd have been better posting my question on the Motors forum.

2 minutes ago, paddypower said:

In hindsight, you're right - the OP was a weird post. i'd have been better posting my question on the Motors forum.

It is now in the Motor forum 😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paddypower said:

My 2014 Escape is still in excellent shape, obviously long past warranty time. I have bought genuine Ford parts online, via the FB Escape Owners  site. would appreciate learning where you buy spare parts. tia

I used Shopee and went with genuine parts. They’re basically auto shops that stock everything genuine or not and also sell online. I spoke with the guy on the phone. He spoke good English. In fact he recommended using pm2.5 aircon filter instead of the standard one. Very helpful and I got them two days later. Saves over 500B compared with parts quoted by the dealership for exactly the same things. 

On 2/25/2024 at 9:26 AM, AustinRacing said:

IMG_5961.jpeg

My dad reconfigured his grease gun with a long hose. He would go under the car and grease while I would pump. I also cleaned all the parts and tools and poured the oil in. This was back when a service was every 3,000 miles. 

Good times those. RIP dad, you were a good man. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1