Thai businesswoman forgives debts, returns land in Chumphon

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Onanong’s generous act was not without sacrifice. She curbed her expenses, foregoing beauty treatments, luxury clothing, and expensive accessories, saving enough money to cover the cost of cancelling the debts while not affecting her business capital.

Such sacrifice... 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

The first two posters live miserable lives and see nothing good in anybody... sounds to me like they are passing their ill will and judgment on her for being benevolent while still being a business owner.

Apart from her Kratom business ( a stimulant with opioid effect), seems her other business is a loan shark, If it were a full investigated story my Sinicism may be different.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:
59 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Apart from her Kratom business ( a stimulant with opioid effect), seems her other business is a loan shark, If it were a full investigated story my Sinicism may be different.

You know for a fact that she is a loan shark... or you are assuming... PS Kratom is perfectly legal in Thailand... much like cannabis.

Read my post! do I really need to point out what I said? I know Kratom is legal here doesn't alter the facts as I stated, I could go on about it's effect if taken with cough mixture which many do. Do you really believe she just lent out money with no high interest rates, dream on. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

Does it really matter, the point is this woman did not snatch the land of these poor people and herein lies a lesson for the thousands of heartless mafia types who know full well that the interest they charge makes the debt un repayable and it is about time the banks made borrowing at a low interest rate more available to needy hard working people, there is no reason to believe that they do not have the experience to know who is a relatively good bet to lend to, and that alone will undermine the loan sharks by about 95%

I think it does matter, she makes money from these poor people, if they were not poor they would not borrow money, how many other poor people has she made 'loans' too, who's interest has made her rich. Before giving her free publicity, in the public's interest they should know all her wheeling and dealing. Lets see how squeaky clean she really is. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Je pense que ça a de l'importance, elle gagne de l'argent avec ces pauvres, si elles n'étaient pas pauvres, ils n'emprunteraient pas d'argent, combien d'autres pauvres ont fait des "prêts" aussi, qui l'intérêt l'a rendue riche. Avant de lui donner une publicité gratuite, dans l'intérêt du public, ils devraient connaître toute sa roue et ses transactions. Voyons à quel point elle est vraiment propre.

I think you didn't think carefully otherwise you would have thought that it was his kratom suppliers who he helped by investing in land and providing him with the product to process in his company.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

The woman is not a Loan Shark

Loan Sharks charge extortionate interest, and do not give 6 months repayment holidays. Loan Sharks use violence to force money from their victims. She simply accepted land as security for a loan. If you think she is a loan shark then Banks could be called Loan Sharks by the same criteria

Definition of a loan shark:

A moneylender who charges extortionate rates of interest, typically under illegal circumstances

Not all monylenders are Loan Sharks

Edited by RobU
Further infoo
  • Agree 2

More than half the debt is this keeping up with the Jones syndrome. 

If you go up into the boonies next to basically shacks they have top of the range cars parked ( maybe daughter is selling her assets)

Teachers who you would assume should have some intelligence are the worst at living beyond their means.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

I doubt if she forgave the debt , just some of the massive interest payments.

Why do you doubt it when it was specifically stated that she did and returned title deed security to the debtors?  What basis do you have to doubt the report?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

There was no suggestion whatsoever that she is a loan shark.  Not wanting to be cynical but what the fck is "Sinicism"?

What is the relevance to the OP of the effects of kratom?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I think it does matter, she makes money from these poor people, if they were not poor they would not borrow money, how many other poor people has she made 'loans' too, who's interest has made her rich. Before giving her free publicity, in the public's interest they should know all her wheeling and dealing. Lets see how squeaky clean she really is. 

'Kin 'ell.  if she was so bad why would she be risking that exposure by putting herself in the spotlight?

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

'Kin 'ell.  if she was so bad why would she be risking that exposure by putting herself in the spotlight?

So she can show how wonderful she is, by putting herself on social media, this is all about Her, most people would keep it to themselves, and let the recipient report an act of kindness/charity if they so wanted to. Now everybody knows elderly mans business, just so she can become an 'influencer'. 

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Read my post! do I really need to point out what I said? I know Kratom is legal here doesn't alter the facts as I stated, I could go on about it's effect if taken with cough mixture which many do. Do you really believe she just lent out money with no high interest rates, dream on. 

I read your post... as sad as it were... you seem to insist on being one of the ones I mentioned earlier... The first two posters live miserable lives and see nothing good in anybody... sounds to me like they are passing their ill will and judgment on her for being benevolent while still being a business owner.

• Haha 1