Send back to France

Mika78

I have to send a document back to my lawyer in France: I would like to ask what is the fastest way to do it. During covid I used Thai post and their EMS, but it took more than a month to arrive. Is it possible for it to arrive within a week? Thank you

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

DHL will be under 7 days.

I just got a quote from DHL and they say to me, if sending tomorrow before 10 am, will arrive in France on 29 Feb. Just 2 days: it's really the time it will takes or can be later than that. I ask because, when i have done it with the EMS, they told me 20/25 days and the document arrived after 39 days. Thank you

19 minutes ago, Mika78 said:

I just got a quote from DHL and they say to me, if sending tomorrow before 10 am, will arrive in France on 29 Feb. Just 2 days: it's really the time it will takes or can be later than that. I ask because, when i have done it with the EMS, they told me 20/25 days and the document arrived after 39 days. Thank you

DHL are pretty accurate, I said under 7 as a conservative ,guess  if they have quoted 2 it wont be far off that. Do it now and it will be this week for sure.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Mika78 said:

Yeah, don't bother with standard Thai post. A complete waste of time. It is about as much use as t*ts on a kipper! Utterly horrendously slow and rip-off service. I can just picture a little bloke rowing across the ocean with a bagful of letters. Recently returned same weight document back to the UK (cost around £1 to send here) and paid something like 260 baht to return it (6 times the price!), standard, and they were talking two or three weeks. EMS was upwards of 1,000 baht! It is insane. I mean, what the actual F! I don't like to put down Thais, but their international postal service is a proper cluster F. Go with DHL. They know what they're doing. When renewing UK passport here, not sure if they use DHL, but the courier service part of the process is really quick.

2 hours ago, Mika78 said:

It's generally an accurate estimate but obviously natural disasters and other issues might delay the packet, as would flying to your lawyer in person. I believe DHL even offers compensation on certain service levels.

2 hours ago, Mika78 said:

That was during Covid, we have moved on from there since.

EMS should be within 7 days

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You really think that there are Covid-related international postal delays in 2024?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see what difference sending a letter during Covid can make compared to now.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BenStark said:

That was during Covid, we have moved on from there since.

EMS should be within 7 days

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see what difference sending a letter during Covid can make compared to now.

1 hour ago, Mika78 said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You really think that there are Covid-related international postal delays in 2024?

Logistics.

20 hours ago, Mika78 said:

Many planes were grounded for extended periods during covid and not flying. A lot of cargo space in passenger planes is used for mail and other items that need fast delivery.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mika78 said:

During covid, it took me approx. 16 hours to fly to Thailand from Sri Lanka, and it cost a fortune.

Now, and before covid, the flight is under 4 hours, and costs a pittance.

Letters, I believe, use airplanes too, so obviously there would have been a huge delay during covid.

I've been using both DHL and EMS to WEstern Europe, both worked fine and fast, and both were at the receiver's address within a week.

You cannot use experience from during the Covid-pandemic, as many services – hereunder flights – were out of order during that period.